PDA

View Full Version : Raping the Bible

SuX0rZ
07-24-2006, 04:25 AM
I beleive that the scriptures of the bible have been raped. Seriously raped.
I dont think that anyone in their right mind could attain the word of God (if he existed) and let alone attribute it to our lives.

I think that the bible is being used to justify morally corrupt actions and twisted to suite the beleif system of fanatics and evangelists.

I do howver think that the bible itself is fucked in the head. The old testament is full of absolutes and weird symbology. Whats more fucked up is the gruesomeness inside it and the hatred.
I havent been able to find stuff in the new testament comparible to the old.... BuT I KnoW iTs FuCCKKedDD uP!

RenaissanceMan
07-24-2006, 09:05 AM
What makes you think the bible started out any better? You know... the most OBVIOUS explanation is that it's just a collection of crap that was neither 'divinely inspired' nor the work of a deity. Sure, there are SOME good ideas in there... but you can get that anywhere.

Hell, If I could get people to believe that this STAPLER on my desk is the Holy Stapler that was given to me by the arch-Angel Gabriel... I could start a religon. People are THAT gullible. All documents stapled by the Holy Stapler (As evidenced by the golden staple..) are blessed by god and therefore true.

All it would take is a smooth talking con man with a stapler and some gold plated staples.

DontBeStupid
07-24-2006, 10:13 AM
I am of the opinion that the very first bible was written for exactly the same reason the bible is used today. To gain control over as many people as possible and usurp as many values from those people as possible while at the same time making those people believe that the whole thing is well intentioned (hence the morals aspect) and should not be questioned.

TK
07-24-2006, 12:28 PM
I’ll share one of the points I make in my intro on the site.

When I was a small child I asked the elders why I should believe the bible. They informed me that it was the divine inspiration of God and we should follow it or be condemned to hell. (How’s that for scaring the crap out of a little kid?)

Now my response was (yes I literarily said this) I would like to talk to Mr. God because some of this does not make any sense. So they told me I had to prey and God would answer my prayers.

So I did. And I did. And I did some more. You see where this is going?

So I went back to the elders and said I wasn’t getting any answers. They told me I wasn’t listening. I’m not listening? Wait were you in my bed room whey I was saying my prayers and waiting for an answer? Your not catholic priest! (opps sorry I just had to throw that one in.)

So I go back and pray some more and listen some more. Still nothing. About this time Xmas rolls around and the family starts all that Santa Clause business. I was so worried that year because I knew I had done some bad things and I probably wasn’t going to get my red rider BB gun.

Well guess what I got it! along with a whole pile of crap I had absolutely no use for. So then I started really questioning Santa Clause. At first I’m thinking well maybe he is just a bad book keeper and he just missed me on the list. And then maybe he didn’t really watch everyone ALL the time, so forth and so on…

Now I have suspicions that this God fellow isn’t real. I now think that Santa isn’t real. Then I thought to myself I bet I can find out if Santa is real or not. I went back to the elders and told them I didn’t believe this god guy was real. They said of course he is the bible tells us so. I replied with, well I have several books at my house that tell the story of Santa Clause does that make him real? They said of course Santa is not real. I said AH-HA! I knew it.

They tell me I can’t compare the bible to a book on Santa Clause. Are you kidding me? The bible is only a book written by a bunch guys. (Yes ladies GUYS because ladies didn’t count when the bible text was written, well ok they counted they were currency.) The bible gives some good advice on a FEW things but for the most part is a bunch of stories that don’t amount to much of anything.

The bible is very one dimensional and the characters are all extremely shallow. The plot line is silly and Hollywood can come up with much better endings.

Ever sense then I questioned everything I read. One of my favorite quotes of all times is by Stephen Roberts "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Renaissance – the funny thing to me is that people who you would consider completely rational will laugh at the thought of you have a divine stapler that you can show them but defend to the death a belief in something they have no proof exists. Humans are so fucking stupid.

Peace and Love
TK :rock: