PDA

View Full Version : Creationists can't fail Earth Science: Oklahoma

The Awoken One
03-10-2008, 09:37 PM
http://www.badastronomy.com/bablog/2008/03/09/oklahoma-one-step-from-doom/

I guess this answers the old question:
Why doesn't Texas fall into the Gulf of Mexico?

Because Oklahoma Sucks.

marstosirius
03-10-2008, 09:51 PM
This almost makes me wish I was an Oklahoman high school student, just so I could exploit this...Hilarity would ensue. What a state we're in these days. Sheesh.

zer0
03-11-2008, 08:28 AM
This bill is being pushed through by Sally Kerns, the woman heard in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFxk7glmMbo

Fucking bigot ass xtian.

mmfwmc
03-11-2008, 02:09 PM
The way they phrase it shouldn't be too hard to get around. Why not just ask "According to cosmology, physics, astronomy and every other science, what is the name for the beginning of the universe?" Even a creationist couldn't get around that one, any more than I could get around "What is the name of the first book in the bible?"

Desillusioned
03-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Omfg Omfg Omfg Why Are This Pieces Of Shit Put In Power? Are People That Fucking Retarded?

Son Of A Bitch.

Professor Chaos
03-14-2008, 04:54 AM
Are People That Fucking Retarded?

Yes.

Isilmë
03-14-2008, 06:51 AM
that's ridiculous. do they also get a passing grade in biology for rejecting evolution? or physics by saying the universe was created less than 10,000 years ago?
aren't numerous children just going to use it as an excuse for failing, or for not paying attention in class?
useless, brainless idiots.

psychodiva
03-14-2008, 02:52 PM
well- all I can see is the US sinking further and further into a wasteland of stagnation- no invention, no innovation- because- no science - wonder who is going to fill that gap when the US implodes on its non-scientific self?

PhilOchsLives
03-20-2008, 03:53 AM
http://www.badastronomy.com/bablog/2008/03/09/oklahoma-one-step-from-doom/

I laugh! The citizens of the USA are utter dumbfucks!

Isilmë
03-20-2008, 05:54 PM
aren't you a citizen of the USA..?

Sternwallow
03-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Some few citizens, like Phil, are not as dumbfuck stupid as is the sad norm for the nation as a whole.
:D;)

PhilOchsLives
03-21-2008, 04:37 AM

Yes, I am. I am a citizen of a nation that is filled to overflowing with dumbfucks. USAmericans are religious shitheads, by and large. We are ignorant, intolerant, violent bastards, almost to a man. We are also easily led by corporate entities into relinquishing our human rights, our national treasure, and what we had of dignity. We are also, to coin a phrase, willing executioners currently engaged in the mass murder of innocents of another nation.

Just because I am a citizen of a nation does not preclude me from harshly criticizing that nation. Patriotism is for idiots and monsters.

nkb
03-21-2008, 07:02 AM
Just because I am a citizen of a nation does not preclude me from harshly criticizing that nation. Patriotism is for idiots and monsters.

Patriotism, in itself, is not the issue. I think the Republicans have corrupted the meaning of the word to mean the same as blind patriotism (which is for idiots and monsters).

Professor Chaos
03-21-2008, 07:05 AM
Why do you hate freedom?

Choobus
03-21-2008, 09:19 AM
Why do you hate freedom?

because he can

calpurnpiso
03-21-2008, 09:30 AM
I laugh! The citizens of the USA are utter dumbfucks!
Well at least 82% are, since they believe in Zombie Jesus. Christ-psychosis doesn't discriminate.

PhilOchsLives
03-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Patriotism, in itself, is not the issue. I think the Republicans have corrupted the meaning of the word to mean the same as blind patriotism (which is for idiots and monsters).

A quibble, yes. However, I don't at all find myself sympathetic with the popular view of "patriotism". Nationhood, arbitrary lines, tribalism. Feh.

Sternwallow
03-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Well at least 82% are, since they believe in Zombie Jesus. Christ-psychosis doesn't discriminate.
Christ-psychosis does not discriminate, but it does congeal to form pods and bands and regions of concentrated irrationality. Some of these are called "Bible belt" though it is interesting that people living as far separated as Atlanta and Seattle think that they are "right in the middle of the Bible belt".

marstosirius
03-21-2008, 07:12 PM
I blame our early European roots...Damn Quakers.

Swk6
03-21-2008, 07:43 PM
I guess I will take the unpopular stance then. I don't have the anger that Phil has. I actually do love this country and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Does it have it's issues...yes, they all do. Am I happy about the war? No, of course not. However, I did support it when it began. At the time with the information I had, it made sense to me. Call me ignorant or misguided or whatever you please. Do I blame just the Republicans however? No, I think both parties are shit. Neither one speaks to me or for me. Do I blame the corporations? That's the popular target these days. However, I bet that a few people in here work for corporations. They are made up of just people and if you got rid of all of them tomorrow there would be a shit load of people without a way to earn a living.

Just my 3 cents for whatever it's worth.

Choobus
03-21-2008, 07:49 PM
If the US had stayed in afghanistan and sorted it out then things would be quite different. Instead president minge fucked everything up and now 80% of the world herion supply comes from Afghanistan. The taliban are assclowns but at least they stopped all that drug trade. The "war on drugs" is bullshit, but this shit would be funny if people weren't suffering because of it. One cannot help but think that the global chaos resulting from the Iraq war is in fact the intended result. A lot of people are gtting very rich out of this shit. It's sickening, and I am very fond of America. after all, I live here because I choose to.

Swk6
03-21-2008, 07:56 PM
I actually agree with everything you said. I wish we had only stayed in Afghanistan. Like I said though, I acutally supported the Iraq war when I thought they had , WMD's etc. I do think Sadaam did it to himself though. He tried to walk the fine line between making Iran think that he had them, and yet saying he didnt for the rest of the world. Anyways, things definitely would be a hell of a lot different had we not gone in.

Choobus
03-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Even if saddam had had WMD's, he was not an imminent threat to the US. There were UN inspectors there the whole time, and while he did give them the runaround if he had had a stash it would eventually have come out. Invading Iraq was totally uncalled for. And also, let's remember that the Bush crew had already planned it out. They just needed an excuse. No connection was ever made between 911 and Iraq, WMD's or not, and therefore to say that the invasion was a response to terror is utter bullshit. I think Bush Rumsfeld and Cheney should be in jail for what they did. It's well known that Iran does support terorists, and thay do have WMD's. If it was right to invade Iraq on that basis then Iran should already be under attack.

Swk6
03-21-2008, 08:06 PM
True. Would you invade Iran at this point (if we hadn't invaded Iraq)?

Choobus
03-21-2008, 08:07 PM
No!

Swk6
03-21-2008, 08:29 PM
A little piece of me would like to take care of business, but then the rational part of me realizes it would be disasterous.

marstosirius
03-21-2008, 08:42 PM
There's no "business" to be done there...unless you're talking oil-oriented.

Isilmë
03-22-2008, 07:19 AM
i'm not a big fan of patriotism. i don't see the logic in it.
there are some good things about this country, some bad. i think i'm lucky to have been born here rather than many other countries but i have the desire to emmigrate eventually, if only for a while.

Professor Chaos
03-22-2008, 07:23 AM
swk, you're clearly not understanding the position. Nobody's talking about patriotism as "loving one's country." We're talking about the blind patriotism of "America is the best country in the world!" at everything. Like Bill Maher says, why can't it just be the "best country for us?" It's like saying, "I have the best mommy ever!"

It's this ridiculous nonsense that if you don't agree with the war, you hate America, freedom, Jesus, and puppy dogs. If you mention that you think France has a pretty solid healthcare system you want to murder Uncle Sam and burn your flag.

calpurnpiso
03-22-2008, 08:46 AM
Well they ( creationists) shouldn't. After all these retarded folks live in the Middle ages where it was believed people thought with their hearts, the earth was flat, demons possessed people and there was such a thing as a resurrected zombie who saved with blood!..and since Oklahoma ( Kansas is second) is inhabited by the stupidest Christ-psychosis infected retards in the US, well, why should deluded creationists flunk earth science ? Oklahoma ( also Kansas) is the asylum of America, as the Vatican is of Europe, Jerusalem of the Middle East and Mecca of Arabia. Nobody would ever flunk any kind of "science" in those places. We mentally healthy folks, aka atheists, know their science is actually pseudo science.

Swk6
03-23-2008, 08:57 AM
Prof, I clearly didn't say anything about blind patriotism. I merely pointed out that while there are plenty of bad things going on here, I still happen to belive it to be one of, if not the greatest place to live. Being patriotic DOES in fact mean being critical. As far as France's health care, we will have to agree to disagree there.

Isilmë
03-23-2008, 09:10 AM
Prof, I clearly didn't say anything about blind patriotism. I merely pointed out that while there are plenty of bad things going on here, I still happen to belive it to be one of, if not the greatest place to live. Being patriotic DOES in fact mean being critical. As far as France's health care, we will have to agree to disagree there.

what about norway? i hear nice things about norway. low crime, high science and literacy rates, national health care.. and one of the highest atheism proportions in the world.. sounds great. i wouldn't mind living there.

dogpet
03-23-2008, 09:27 AM
what about norway? i hear nice things about norway. low crime, high science and literacy rates, national health care.. and one of the highest atheism proportions in the world.. sounds great. i wouldn't mind living there.
Not me, with the extortionate liquor prices. & can't even take a light refreshment on your own balcony.

Isilmë
03-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Not me, with the extortionate liquor prices. & can't even take a light refreshment on your own balcony.

what do you mean you can't drink on your own balcony?

dogpet
03-23-2008, 10:19 AM
what do you mean you can't drink on your own balcony?
To protect the sensibilities of others you can't imbibe where you can be seen.

Professor Chaos
03-24-2008, 08:13 AM
http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/i_love_my_country_8211_aw_who

Isilmë
03-24-2008, 08:31 AM
sounds like that guy just had a really crappy day.

Hanevet
03-26-2008, 12:07 PM
useless, brainless idiots.

Having so many useless, brainless idiots around is actually good for people like you and me. It makes it easier for us smart people to succeed in life. :)

Smellyoldgit
03-26-2008, 12:18 PM
er... welcome aboard o' smart one.
Care to say a few words in the introduction section?

CycloneRanger
03-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Having so many useless, brainless idiots around is actually good for people like you and me. It makes it easier for us smart people to succeed in life. :)
No. No, it doesn't. You've got completely the wrong attitude here.

MikeS29
03-29-2008, 06:27 PM
I don't understand why people draw the firmest line at the political division of "Country."

I am equally appalled by and proud of:

My neighborhood
My city
My county
My state
My region
My country
My continent
My hemisphere
My planet
my... you get the point. The decision to draw the line and create enmity at any of those divisions is to invite trouble.

Sternwallow
03-29-2008, 11:10 PM
I don't understand why people draw the firmest line at the political division of "Country."

My neighborhood
My city
My county
My state
My region
My country
My continent
My hemisphere
My planet
my... you get the point. The decision to draw the line and create enmity at any of those divisions is to invite trouble.
Right. And yet the individual states, for instance, insist on having special considerations so that they can remain "different" from the rest.

In a science fiction movie quite a few years back, there was a global war going on between "North Hemis" and "South Hemis".

"Nationalism" is not limited to nations.

MikeS29
03-29-2008, 11:31 PM
And when the "nationalism disease" infects those who already have the jesus virus, it gets ugly quick.

:hand:

Sternwallow
03-30-2008, 07:32 AM
And when the "nationalism disease" infects those who already have the jesus virus, it gets ugly quick.

:hand:
That's a theocracy or, if you are Jewish, an ethnicity.

MikeS29
03-30-2008, 08:18 AM
And in the words of Roger Waters:

And the Germans killed the Jews and the Jews killed the Arabs and the Arabs killed the hostages and that is the news. And is it any wonder that the monkey's confused?

PhilOchsLives
03-31-2008, 04:53 PM

My neighborhood
My city
My county
My state
My region
My country
My continent
My hemisphere
My planet

Pride is the spark of nationalism. It's as equally twisted and stupid as faith. I'm not proud of any of the things on your list. They're places. Eh.

Hanevet
03-31-2008, 05:19 PM
Being proud of something that isn't your accomplishment is idiotic.

Professor Chaos
03-31-2008, 07:38 PM
I agree. (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12760&highlight=ethnicity)

MikeS29
03-31-2008, 09:20 PM
Of course I said I am equally appalled by and proud of...

The things listed are more than places. They are communities full of human interaction.

I think there is a big difference in pride of accomplishment (Example: I'm proud of my neighborhood for keeping out Wal-mart and supporting local businesses) and pride in something out of ones control (i.e. I'm proud of being an aryan xtian whatever). I am appalled by the lack of accomplishment or being part of a group that makes a bad decision (i.e., my city council decides to allow the 10 demand-ments to be displayed at city hall).

Pride and shame are normal biological reactions to situations. It just so happens that those who disavow Darwin's observations behave the most socially Darwinistic.

Choobus
03-31-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm proud of my 9 inch wang, even though I had no part in making it so.

MikeS29
03-31-2008, 09:27 PM
Really, Choobus? No part at all? Don't you rub it every so often? I would think that would help max it out. ;-)

CycloneRanger
03-31-2008, 09:37 PM
For some reason your computer is inverting the "6" character, Choobus. You ought to look into that.

MikeS29
03-31-2008, 09:40 PM
She said "give me 8 inches and make it hurt."

He fucked her twice and slapped her.

Professor Chaos
04-01-2008, 06:27 AM

That's an awfully small computer!

Rhinoqulous
04-01-2008, 06:53 AM
I agree. (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12760&highlight=ethnicity)

I didn't. :P

Choobus
04-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Really, Choobus? No part at all? Don't you rub it every so often? I would think that would help max it out. ;-)

Well, maybe I did have a hand in it....

CycloneRanger
04-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Well, maybe I did have a hand in it....
That's not a healthy fetish.