PDA

View Full Version : Contradictions of any church

Karma Police
06-24-2005, 06:59 AM
Hey, I just wanted to start a thread seeing how many people can state different contradictions in:

1) Church law (by church I mean of any religion, but mainly Christianity because they're the douchebags that hassle me while I'm walking down the street begging me to believe in god or scare me into their bullshit lies)

2) Biblical law (again, it could be the Torah, or the Qur'an, or Buddhist texts, pagan beliefs, absolutely anything)

3) Hypocrasies of the church (past, or present events that have happened or are going on that is scandalous in sme way and contradictory to their own teachings)

As well as how any of these things can be rectified. Thanks.

~Ryan

Bighead
06-24-2005, 07:06 AM
Sorry...this has nothing to do with the thread, but I just had to say that every single time I've read your signature, I've laughed. It's on of the funniest things I've ever seen...I just wanted to compliment your choice.

anyways...just as a side note....Buddhism is supposed to be a religion with no dogma. I studied it a little bit for about a year and a half or so...The only thing about buddhism I think that could be interpretted to be a law is the tenant that buddhists shouldn't try to proselytise as religion should be a personal choice, and also that whole karma thing.

ocmpoma
06-24-2005, 08:03 AM
Wouldn't saying "We have no dogma" be dogma?

Bighead
06-24-2005, 08:16 AM
Wouldn't saying "We have no dogma" be dogma?
going that route, you could say that all atheists have their own dogma.

ocmpoma
06-24-2005, 08:36 AM
Sure. "No gods" and all that.

Karma Police
06-24-2005, 09:46 AM
Thanks for sayin you laughed lol I love making people's days brighter. Except Christians. They're poo.

Nicole
06-24-2005, 10:10 AM
3) Hypocrasies of the church (past, or present events that have happened or are going on that is scandalous in sme way and contradictory to their own teachings)
These are too many to be counted. Just think about the Priest/Pedophile shuffle. I'm pretty sure 'do unto others...' negates the whole idea of molesting children and then covering it up.
How about the fact that the Vatican is holding onto countless priceless works of art that they won't share with the world...I'm thinking Jesus wouldn't be too happy about that one.
I'm not even going to mention the Crusades....oops I mentioned them, didn't I?

I'm sure that you'll get lots of examples. I would like to say that what these organizations have done does not make every religious person bad. I know a few Catholics that split from their Church when they realized that the institution did not represent what they believed was moral....I pretty much figure it's open season on anyone who supports an organization that is currently responsible for 'naughty' behavior.