PDA

View Full Version : The people next door...

MrsMoe
07-09-2005, 05:14 AM
are driving me NUTS.

The started construction on thier backporch at 7am. Which means they broke out hammers, electric saws, electric drills, and started talking very very loudly before most people are even awake. So my daughter, husband, and I, have been up since 7 am... yuck. Had we known that the idiots next door were going to start a major construction project at dusk, we wouldnt' have stayed up until 4 am last night *groan*

They also have a hound type dog that barks and crys and whines and bays at the moon all night long. I have called and made reports the following day with Animal Control, but it never does any good. I think Iam just going to start to call the police on these people. I hate these fuckers, seriously, I hate them. Is hate a strong word? Yes... yes it is... We never get any sleep... they are SO RUDE.

WITHTEETH
07-09-2005, 05:23 AM
Hehe. I kow how you feel, these people in my apartments just moved in and they smoke weed, im fine with that BUT it seeps into my apartment. It smells like skunk.

If i was you MOE i would throw a rock in their window with a letter attached to it. saying somthing like this.

To the rude people on our street-
I just wanted to welcome you to our quiet street and want to remind you that respect for others is required if you want your dog to keep his toes. Also, the neighborhood would like you to kindly start at 10am on your porch. Thank you, and sorry about the window, your doorbell didn't work.
Sincerly the neighborhood

Make sure its their biggest window.

Nicole
07-09-2005, 09:06 PM
I've got one for you, every morning I have a group of old Korean men who walk by apartment (I live on the first floor) and they gather in the courtyard by my windows and hork and spit all over the place while loudly speaking in Korean. This has been going on for over a year. Nothing I've done stops it...I'm considering getting a rocket launcher.

If I were you, I'd keep the bastards up all night for a taste of their own medicine....or get a rocket launcher.

ghoulslime
07-09-2005, 11:51 PM
I've got one for you, every morning I have a group of old Korean men who walk by apartment (I live on the first floor) and they gather in the courtyard by my windows and hork and spit all over the place while loudly speaking in Korean. This has been going on for over a year. Nothing I've done stops it...I'm considering getting a rocket launcher.

If I were you, I'd keep the bastards up all night for a taste of their own medicine....or get a rocket launcher.
Fragmentation grenade! That'd take care of the bastards, and you'd have fun doing it too!

Crackerus Dadderus
07-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Try coming back from vacation and finding out the neighborhood kids decided they wanted to make your car into a trampoline. Parents these days are fucking pathetic.

Amazonis
07-10-2005, 12:36 AM
My neighbours are stupid evil bastards even if i do say so myself.

For the past few years they have made our life hell.

The first thing they did when they moved in was put up a five meter high white concrete wall right next to our fence! Thanks to that we don't get any sunlight until 11:00am in summer, and 1:00pm in the middle of winter. This makes the house fucking freezing. Then they put a pool over the other side of the wall, along with a massive deck and a tennise court, so they can stay up every night until two in the morning making noise.

Then they decided they were not rich enouph already, so they decided to subdivide their block, so now we have three next door neighbours on the same side! To build these new houses, all the trees were destroyed. We do not have sewage in our area so they all had to get new septic tanks, and thse tanks are now overflowing into our backyard. To make matters worse one of the new houses is made out of metal, so we cannot go outside in the evening because of the blinding reflection.

Back to the original neighbours. They now have a new set of drums that there son plays all night long, and a new ride on lawn mower which they use as early as six in the morning and as late as ten in the night. They also have built a new carport next to our fence, so they can store there FIVE cars. They also (yes, it goes on and on) think that it is normal to burn tires and plastic pots in bonfires. Not to mention the new drainpipe they put in which floods all over our block and has given our house rising dampness, or the landscaping they did which made one of our walls collapse, or the fence they broke and made us pay for!

They go to church every sunday too! :mad:

Crackerus Dadderus
07-10-2005, 12:41 AM
Amazonis - I'll send my neighborhood children over so they can use their 5 cars as trampolines.

Nicole
07-10-2005, 03:21 AM
Amazonis, don't you have any by-laws for protection against this kind of thing? That's so horrible you could make a movie out of it. I can see Jim Belushi as the neighbor...who would play you.

Philboid Studge
07-10-2005, 05:53 AM
I kow how you feel, these people in my apartments just moved in and they smoke weed, im fine with that BUT it seeps into my apartment. It smells like skunk.
Skunk? What sort of weed are they smoking, exactly?

suttsteve
07-10-2005, 07:49 AM
You should start calling the police. Bad neighbors should be encouraged to either change or leave, by any and all means possible.

WITHTEETH
07-10-2005, 08:04 AM
I kow how you feel, these people in my apartments just moved in and they smoke weed, im fine with that BUT it seeps into my apartment. It smells like skunk.
Skunk? What sort of weed are they smoking, exactly?
Probably the run of the mill skunk weed, very popular in michigan where they dont get much of a variety plus its cheap.

Amazonis
07-11-2005, 06:51 PM
Amazonis, don't you have any by-laws for protection against this kind of thing? That's so horrible you could make a movie out of it. I can see Jim Belushi as the neighbor...who would play you.
Unfortunately all housing developments in Victoria are approved (or occasionally refused) by VCAT (Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal). This is a government run organisation set up to moniter, approve and disprove developments, amongst other things. However almost all developments are approved, no matter how invasive and unsuited to the area they are. This is because the Victorian Government wants to increase Melbournes population from three million to five million in the next twenty years. To make this happen, they want to squeeze in as many houses as they can in a small area, and that is why our neighbour was able to subdivide.

VCAT also approved their deck, pool, tennise court, studio and carport (all of which are on on our side of the new, five meter high white fence). The noise issues cannot be solved, because the police say it's the councils responibility, and the council say it's that of the police. The environmental issues such as the burning of plastic are beyond our control too, because the EPA (Environmental Protection Agancy) claim that it is not their problem. :(

NihilistThug
07-11-2005, 07:04 PM
In a libertarian society you could sue them for violating your property rights, as they were (presumeably) not making noise when your property was first built their later addition of noise represents an intrusion on your private property. As it is you'll just inspire some con-artist (read: politician) to pass an edict which will outlaw loud noises, and we'll have a war on compressed air cycles.

Little Earth Stamper
07-11-2005, 11:28 PM
In a libertarian society you could sue them for violating your property rights, as they were (presumeably) not making noise when your property was first built their later addition of noise represents an intrusion on your private property. As it is you'll just inspire some con-artist (read: politician) to pass an edict which will outlaw loud noises, and we'll have a war on compressed air cycles.
Yeah, I could also sue people for violating my property rights when they drive past my home for fouling it up with car exhaust. Seriously, I hate that stuff.

For some reason the libertarians always think I'm crazy when I say that.

Nicole
07-12-2005, 12:16 AM
Unfortunately all housing developments in Victoria are approved (or occasionally refused) by VCAT (Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal). This is a government run organisation set up to moniter, approve and disprove developments, amongst other things. However almost all developments are approved, no matter how invasive and unsuited to the area they are. This is because the Victorian Government wants to increase Melbournes population from three million to five million in the next twenty years. To make this happen, they want to squeeze in as many houses as they can in a small area, and that is why our neighbour was able to subdivide.

VCAT also approved their deck, pool, tennise court, studio and carport (all of which are on on our side of the new, five meter high white fence). The noise issues cannot be solved, because the police say it's the councils responibility, and the council say it's that of the police. The environmental issues such as the burning of plastic are beyond our control too, because the EPA (Environmental Protection Agancy) claim that it is not their problem. :(
That is so messed up! When I was in Melbourne last year I couldn't help thinking how incredibly beautiful the city was but I see now that I missed the seedy underbelly of the suburbs. I guess planting a few nasty snakes or spiders would be harsh eh?

PS. Sorry to see your lovely 12 apostles on the news in such a bad way. It's good that there are a few extra or they'd have to change the name.

NihilistThug
07-12-2005, 03:48 AM
Yeah, I could also sue people for violating my property rights when they drive past my home for fouling it up with car exhaust. Seriously, I hate that stuff.

For some reason the libertarians always think I'm crazy when I say that.
Not crazy at all, that's one of the best protections of the one of the only actual 'enviromental' things the enviromentalist loonies have right. Yes, there is air and water pollution. But it's all the fault of the government.

ghoulslime
07-12-2005, 05:02 PM
I could give you a few ideas but it might get you in trouble.