PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Arabia's Unfair Laws

God, my arse
08-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Saudi Arabia announes itself to be 100% muslim, which is bad enough but it bans entry to any Atheist person in to the country. What are your thoughts?

Bighead
08-29-2005, 06:47 AM
Fuck 'em. I don't want to go there anyways.

Jennifer
08-29-2005, 06:53 AM
If you change your mind after you are inside do they throw you out?

RedRob
08-29-2005, 07:26 AM
Who cares no atheist wants to go there anyway.

HMS Beagle
08-29-2005, 07:46 AM
Saudi Arabia announes itself to be 100% muslim, which is bad enough but it bans entry to any Atheist person in to the country. What are your thoughts?
It seems wholly consistent with a theocracy. And Saudi Arabia isn't merely a theocracy, it's a fundamentalist theocracy. Change there, when it happens, and it may not happen for decades or centuries, may well be for the worse. In the meantime, I worry less about atheists being able to visit the country than I do about atheists who have the rotten luck to be born there. This is a country which has religious police (mutawwa'in) and where the judges adhere to sharia law.

calpurnpiso
08-29-2005, 12:14 PM
Hey, Saudi Arabia got conquered by the islam-psychotics, they have their OWN ways to govern themselves, their own culture etc. North Korea has t he ways of the Kim Young Ill-psychotics and so on, so WHY must the US try to change anyone way of life as long as it doesn't affect us directly or threaten us? One must see the Vietnam and now the Iraq mistake. Ignorance can be damaging to one's health for those who ignore the lessons provided to us by past mistakes will undoubtedly REPEAT them...:)

Marquis de Sade
08-29-2005, 09:28 PM
Eventually all states will secularise for their own economic prosperity, and the cycle of ignorance will start again once they are rich enough to care about grassroots religious bullshit - another Hindu philosophy I believe in - shit moves in cycles.

Metman07
08-30-2005, 11:27 AM
RedRob, that's not entirely accurate. I actually lived there for a while...but only because my dad worked there for a while. Interesting place. They're still not completely self-reliant when it comes to finding highly skilled engineers, scientists etc. so they have to bring people from foreign countries: America, India, the Phillipines, Canada and the U.K. But because most people from these countries wouldn't want to live there, they house them compounds where the rules of the outside world do not apply. Women can drive, they turn a blind eye to alcohol consumption and they even allow low key and private non-Muslim religious worship. They also pay people a lot and it's tax-free there since the government makes its revenues mostly from oil.
Obviously I loate their world view and I am disgusted by their blind faith etc. But I must say that it was quite a fascinating experience living there. It was kind of like venturing into the enemy's den and getting a first hand look of what goes on in there.

Freethinker
08-30-2005, 11:56 AM
I know that their beliefs are out dated and completly fucking nuts-- The country is still beautiful as a novice photographer I would love to go there on a snap trip. Don't knock the country for it's crazy leaders. Look at our country; as beautiful as america is look who's heading it :a burnt out nut.. Stupid bush is on the verge of following their path(saudis).

miata
08-30-2005, 04:30 PM
They think Christians are also infidels. We need to start running cars on corn or drinking more and just stay home and not drive unless we have a dire need, like food.

I do not travel except to work, and the Doctor, grocer and so on. I can't drive.

Paradox
09-01-2005, 07:25 AM
Damn, i guess i'll have to cancel my plans to go on a family holiday.

Rhetorical
09-23-2005, 07:35 AM
Woooooohooooooo. I wasn't making plans to go there anytime soon anyway. And I suppose you could just say that you do yet you really don't? Unless God has given them some kinda mind reading powers? Or is that Satan's doing? XD

beerbelly
09-27-2005, 08:33 AM
its funny cos every muslim i speak to (and i work with a few) seem to think that because im a non beleiver they have more chance of converting me.....i have a copy of the Qur'an one give me....i have read bits of the dribble in it, but now it sits next to the holy bible on the shelf in harmony.....i wonder if they realize howmany times iv been approached by other preachers and bullshitters and made to sing hims almost everyday at school......why they think their religion is the best and will have more influence than others over ppl........

funny they dont try to lure non believers to the holyland and brainwash them in their ways..........