PDA

View Full Version : Bush the Bad Samaritan??

paradox101
09-28-2005, 11:50 AM
President Bush has repeatedly stated that he is a devoted Christian who conducts his life guided by his faith and these ideals. Yet, his actions indicate that he sometimes either ignores or at least misinterprets even the most basic of Christian beliefs. For several months, bereaved mother Cindy Sheehan has been camped out across from the Bush ranch in Crawford, TX with one question, “Why was her son killed in Sadr city, Iraq in April 2004?” Bush has refused to answer her.

To me, this is an obvious example of the Good Samaritan Parable or rather of someone ignoring it or misinterpreting it. All he had to do was cross the street and acknowledge this woman and her pain, yet he literally ignored her and walked on past. Isn't this a direct contradiction to the Good Samaritan Parable? How can someone say they are guided by Christian ideals and let this happen? As our nation's leader, shouldn't he lead by example?

Christ
09-28-2005, 01:39 PM
In all honesty, I believe that any candidate for presidency should be disqualified if they have any religious beliefs. All religion does is cloud judgment, form biased opinions, and sways political agenda toward a sect of people, and let us not forget the potential wars and bigotry it can cause. Bottom line, an atheist would make the perfect president because they will not be blinded and can reason with logic and sound judgment and make decisions suitable for all people, not just one group of them.

Of course, this will NEVER happen.

calpurnpiso
09-28-2005, 02:00 PM
In all honesty, I believe that any candidate for presidency should be disqualified if they have any religious beliefs. All religion does is cloud judgment, form biased opinions, and sways political agenda toward a sect of people, and let us not forget the potential wars and bigotry it can cause. Bottom line, an atheist would make the perfect president because they will not be blinded and can reason with logic and sound judgment and make decisions suitable for all people, not just one group of them.

I think any candidate seeking office should be given along a physical an MRI and neurological exam. Christ-psychotic Bush would have never pass it, after all, doesn't he belive in Christ as his favorite philosopher that changed his heart? Why do we have those ignorant mentally ill folks leading this country?...:)

miata
09-28-2005, 04:23 PM

I think any candidate seeking office should be given along a physical an MRI and neurological exam. Christ-psychotic Bush would have never pass it, after all, doesn't he belive in Christ as his favorite philosopher that changed his heart? Why do we have those ignorant mentally ill folks leading this country?...:)
We'll be lucky just to keep those fools from killing us if we ever take this country away from them. I feel the KKK will be bigger than ever; it's a a Christian cult willing to fight behind a mask, much like the Teliban.

I think W. is using the religious reich but I am not sure he is a fundy. I think it's a front.

Baphomet
09-28-2005, 05:53 PM
I'm all for seperation of church and state.
That means our leader should not be religious, or else that's a theocracy.
So the president should not be "guided by faith"

miata
09-28-2005, 05:58 PM
I'm all for seperation of church and state.
That means our leader should not be religious, or else that's a theocracy.
So the president should not be "guided by faith"
Jerry Foulwell promises millions more Christians in 08 to keep Jesus in the Whitehouse. Just like sheep they will herd in and vote against their children's future because they think the rapture will come so their children don't need a future on Earth.

Another brick in the wall
09-28-2005, 06:10 PM
If you watch shows like the 700 Club, Pat will hint that the End is near, but he mostly just wants your money. He wants you to be scared enough to send a check, but not so scared that you quit your job and move to a survivalist compound in Idaho to await Armageddon.

Paradox
09-30-2005, 04:38 AM
Another paradox... :/
President Bush has repeatedly stated that he is a devoted Christian who conducts his life guided by his faith and these ideals. Yet, his actions indicate that he sometimes either ignores or at least misinterprets even the most basic of Christian beliefs. For several months, bereaved mother Cindy Sheehan has been camped out across from the Bush ranch in Crawford, TX with one question, “Why was her son killed in Sadr city, Iraq in April 2004?” Bush has refused to answer her.
Pfft... Cindy Sheehan doesnt deserve the kind of attention she has gotten. She adds nothing to the debate on the war on iraq and she's just an appeal to emotionalism. There is no answer bush could give, that would satisfy her.To me, this is an obvious example of the Good Samaritan Parable or rather of someone ignoring it or misinterpreting it. All he had to do was cross the street and acknowledge this woman and her pain, yet he literally ignored her and walked on past. Isn't this a direct contradiction to the Good Samaritan Parable? How can someone say they are guided by Christian ideals and let this happen? As our nation's leader, shouldn't he lead by example?
Over half of America has a problem with bush. Why should she be the one to talk to him, because she whines the loudest.

miata
09-30-2005, 05:09 AM
Bush is so sad, he can't do any better.

Revmonkeyboy
09-30-2005, 07:04 AM
Sheehan is a puppet. She is being used by the anti-war movement. Nobody could doubt this. I pesonally believe that the war was a stupid idea hatched by emotional panic and bush's revenge. Saddam was a bad guy, but no worse than many of the governments that we actively support. It would be stupid to leave now. We are already in it. If we leave now, there would be civil war(in Iraq). How would the anti-war folk like to start a war? Hmmmmm. I think they would not.

Bush is the same as any christian, they do not take the bible seriously unless somebody shows it's errors. Then they get all defensive. There are plenty of verses stating that christians should not judge others..They are supposed to leave that up to god. A literal reading would mean that christians are barred from the judicial branch of our country. For that matter they should not sit on a jury either. They will only read what is giving them an ego boost.

Revmonkeyboy

miata
09-30-2005, 07:09 AM
Sheehan is a puppet. She is being used by the anti-war movement. Nobody could doubt this. I pesonally believe that the war was a stupid idea hatched by emotional panic and bush's revenge. Saddam was a bad guy, but no worse than many of the governments that we actively support. It would be stupid to leave now. We are already in it. If we leave now, there would be civil war(in Iraq). How would the anti-war folk like to start a war? Hmmmmm. I think they would not.

Bush is the same as any christian, they do not take the bible seriously unless somebody shows it's errors. Then they get all defensive. There are plenty of verses stating that christians should not judge others..They are supposed to leave that up to god. A literal reading would mean that christians are barred from the judicial branch of our country. For that matter they should not sit on a jury either. They will only read what is giving them an ego boost.

Revmonkeyboy
It's their book and they twist it like a dog wags his tail.