PDA

View Full Version : Tinfoil Hat Alert! End of the world is nigh!

Tenspace
04-20-2006, 11:18 AM
Better get to the store and stock up on tinfoil and duct tape. The world's gonna end next month:

Comet Collision on May 26th? (http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/20060413/pl_usnw/former_military_air_traffic_controller_claims_come t_collision_with_earth_on_may25_2006104_xml)

The home page for these "scientists" can be found here: Exopolitics Institute (http://exopoliticsinstitute.org/)

Facehammer
04-20-2006, 11:19 AM
Aw, not again.

Kate
04-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Oh, thank the heaven's!! I don't have drag the summer wardrobe down from the attic, nor take all these sweaters to the cleaners! Yay!!

CavKiller37
04-20-2006, 11:30 AM
At least we won't have to pay high summer gas prices.

DrunkMonkey
04-20-2006, 11:54 AM
You only have to read a paragraph in to realize how ridiculous this is:

According to Julien, this is the same year that a crop circle appeared showing the inner solar system with the Earth missing from its orbit. He argues the "Missing Earth" crop circle was a message from higher intelligences warning humanity of the consequences of its destructive nuclear policies. He links this crop circle to May 25, 2006, and identifies the comet Schwassmann-Wachman as the subject of higher intelligence communications.

Realityhack
04-20-2006, 04:06 PM
They actualy let this nut job fly fighter jets... now THATS scarry.

antix
04-20-2006, 04:27 PM
May 26th is just no good. The comet will have to reschedule. I'm busy that day.

Sigma
04-20-2006, 04:48 PM
Not to mention my birthday is 3 days before that. Can't the comet come back after I have had a chance to get drunk and gorge on cake.

Rat Bastard
04-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Not to mention my birthday is 3 days before that. Can't the comet come back after I have had a chance to get drunk and gorge on cake.
Do both simultaneously! Rum cake! Really soggy rum cake. More likely to happen than putting tin foil on....well, anyway, have a happy b-day, even if we can't tip a few in person.

snap crafter
04-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Three days isn't long enough?!?!?! How long does it take you black people to party :P

Rat Bastard
04-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Three days isn't long enough?!?!?! How long does it take you black people to party :P
I dunno...I've spent more days than that in a row, plastered.

calpurnpiso
04-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Hmm...another Christ-psychotic, like Doe applegate of HEaven's Gate, that is infatuated with comets!...and nobody take those nuts and place them in mental health clinics where they can be help?....unglaublich...:cool:

snap crafter
04-20-2006, 06:01 PM
I dunno...I've spent more days than that in a row, plastered.
But how would you know how long you actually spent plastered if you were indeed plastered?

Silentknight
04-20-2006, 07:42 PM
Hmm...another Christ-psychotic, like Doe applegate of HEaven's Gate, that is infatuated with comets!...and nobody take those nuts and place them in mental health clinics where they can be help?....unglaublich...:cool:
Well they can mass suicide if they want, just so long as they leave the rest of us the hell alone.

a different tim
04-21-2006, 01:31 AM
Tinfoil hats won't help you, Ten..... (http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/)

myst7426
04-21-2006, 03:27 AM
Wow, a lot of conclusions that were hastily established between unrelated events. We are all gonna die because God is mad about nucylar weapons; he sent a crop circle 11 years ago to warn us!

If this was even close to being true, it would be all over the news; wall street would crash; and we would be building underground caves like in the movie "Deep Impact."

Tenspace
04-21-2006, 07:49 AM
Tinfoil hats won't help you, Ten..... (http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/)
Of course not! Did you see those hats? Cramming a bunch of Reynold's Wrap on your cranium does not a proper tinfoil hat make!

It must be constructed of several overlapping layers with the crystalling structure of the metal crossing at 45 degree angles in an anti-clockwise direction. The layers of aluminum (or aluminium for you) have to be at least 2 mils... none of this deli sandwich wrap or poptart mylar crap.

And, most importantly, the hat cannot conform to the general shape of your head! The best hats only touch the cranium on the rim of the hat..... any other contact results in grounding of the supermagnetoconductauracharge with the brain's long-fingered virtual synapses, not only rendering the hat useless, but creating a ground state that glows like a radar blip for any nearby aliens. Sometimes they laugh at your ineptitude before they kill you and wear your skin to their next blood orgy.

HeathenLifer
04-21-2006, 12:01 PM
Praise the Lord ann pass the KoolAid!! We are goin' for a riiiiide!!

yee haw

Tenspace
04-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Praise the Lord ann pass the KoolAid!! We are goin' for a riiiiide!!

yee haw
And don't forget to wear your Nike Cortez. They're the best deck shoes for the alien spaceships that hide behind the comet.

Rat Bastard
04-21-2006, 03:57 PM
Of course not! Did you see those hats? Cramming a bunch of Reynold's Wrap on your cranium does not a proper tinfoil hat make!

It must be constructed of several overlapping layers with the crystalling structure of the metal crossing at 45 degree angles in an anti-clockwise direction. The layers of aluminum (or aluminium for you) have to be at least 2 mils... none of this deli sandwich wrap or poptart mylar crap.

And, most importantly, the hat cannot conform to the general shape of your head! The best hats only touch the cranium on the rim of the hat..... any other contact results in grounding of the supermagnetoconductauracharge with the brain's long-fingered virtual synapses, not only rendering the hat useless, but creating a ground state that glows like a radar blip for any nearby aliens. Sometimes they laugh at your ineptitude before they kill you and wear your skin to their next blood orgy.
SSHHHHH! This is the top-secret part of the design!!!! <.< >.>

antix
04-21-2006, 04:57 PM
Design? What design? Hey, what's going on here?... I'm telling.

Tenspace
04-21-2006, 11:36 PM

SSHHHHH! This is the top-secret part of the design!!!! <.< >.>
That's okay... it's encoded in ROT-13 with a right-handed bit order, summed with the modulus of the serial number to my Commodore 64. My cat provides a random seed using playing cards and a fishbowl. No one will ever guess (unless they bribe the cat).

Rat Bastard
04-22-2006, 04:42 AM
Design? What design? Hey, what's going on here?... I'm telling.
Didn't you get the memo? OK, go get some foil, install as above, and stand under some fluorescent lights. Be careful, though, not to think too much- or the aliens will suck your knowledge of our space-time continuum out of your head and use it against us! :o Oh, I almost forgot- you can always bribe Ten's cat with some Nemo sushi. Why do you think he's over at the fishbowl so much? It ain't do drink the water, after all, 'cause of what the fish do there.

leguru
04-22-2006, 11:27 AM
Let's see, "on or around May 25th," hmmmm, just in time for Memorial Day - YEAH ! - really give us somehting to memorialize, or at least the survivors. Will the Rapture happen just before that event? So many things to plan for - so little time! :lol:

brad89
04-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Please, the funniest one is an article I saw in the last issue of Sun magazine. (they're like world news weekly for fundies) They believe that the world will be hit by an asteroid (conveniently named wormwood) which will spread enough arsenic into the atmosphere to kill all life. On what date? 9-11! Absolutely hilarious! The funny thing is the asteroid they mention, which they also call ev2006 can't be googled or metacrawlered for ANYTHING.

In this very same issue, they do an article on the FSM (I am not worthy...) and the church of pastafarianism. And I believe they actually took it seriously as well...