PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any info on the # of times God intervened in the bible?

CFett
06-22-2005, 04:15 PM
I was just wondering, since my bible is very far away, if anyone has a good count of the number of conflicts and problems in the bible, vs the number of times god intervened - in an effort to see if there is any logical base of what kind of event would make god intervene.
I strongly doubt that there's any real pattern, and it would prolly show that god should have just intervened a bunch, rather than use his crazy convoluted ways.

thomas
06-22-2005, 05:44 PM
Your Bible is never far away when you're online. Try http://bible.crosswalk.com for a good set of Bible search and study tools. Let us know what you find out.

testmania
06-24-2005, 01:05 PM
The bible, when interpreted correctly, doesn't mention God. The hebrew word Elohim means "those that came from the sky" and the Elohim were genetic engineers that created all life on Earth, including us.

thomas
06-24-2005, 03:12 PM
The hebrew word Elohim means "those that came from the sky" and the Elohim were genetic engineers that created all life on Earth, including us.
How do you know that ?

testmania
06-24-2005, 03:28 PM
It says so in the www.rael.org website.

thomas
06-24-2005, 03:46 PM
And what does it say about Genesis 1:27 which uses elohim and then uses the singular verb "nathan" ( I have given ).

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which [is] upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which [is] the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

CFett
06-24-2005, 03:46 PM
Well, thanks for really furthering the discussion here testmania. Take your conversion somewhere else. Maybe the Elohim were raindrop people; they come from the sky too.

While I'm in here, I did start reading through Genesis, and I'll say that God sure is having some fun with his new toys called man. Hopefully he stays interested...

ocmpoma
06-25-2005, 09:10 AM
Actually, I hope testmania sticks around. His (her?) posts are enlightening as to the nature of theism and belief. I'm interested in how the theists de-bunk the claims testmania makes and references. I'm also interested in testmania's replies. Nothing like two people arguing over fictional beliefs. I wonder how the elohim vs. nathan argument will pan out...

peepnklown
06-25-2005, 10:39 PM
Elohim = aliens, nuff said.
I actually didn’t know that, “those that came from the sky…”
Excellent!