PDA

View Full Version : Love, Love, Love...

Little Earth Stamper
08-04-2005, 01:42 AM
Quick thought: Theist, such as C. S. Lewis, often use our intangible and mostly innate feelings of love as evidence for god's existence.

Question: Is our inner sense of love a better proof of god then our inner sense of hunger? Why or why not?

TheSnake
08-04-2005, 02:45 AM
Love can easily enough be explained with evolution. But what about humour? How does people being amused make them better able to have more offsprings? It can be a hindrance however. Laugh at the wrong time in a wrong place and you'll get killed.
If I were a theist, I'd use humour as an argument for God.

Tenspace
08-04-2005, 08:23 AM
Love can easily enough be explained with evolution. But what about humour? How does people being amused make them better able to have more offsprings? It can be a hindrance however. Laugh at the wrong time in a wrong place and you'll get killed.
If I were a theist, I'd use humour as an argument for God.
Humor can be explained as well. If you start with laughter, and deduce its method and purpose. Short, grunting exhales accompanied by a feeling of relief - laughter has been hypothesised to be our release mechanism, a method of announcing "All Clear" after an stress-inducing event.

Ramachandran covers this in his, "Phantoms of the Brain" book.

Tenspace