PDA

View Full Version : What Religion or Beliefe System Do You Hate Most Of All?

ElGuapo
08-13-2005, 09:39 PM
I think the title pretty much says it all. Which do you hate the most and why?

I shall postpone giving my own answer until later as to not persuade any of you with my brilliant analysis. :P

miata
08-14-2005, 06:04 AM
The right wing Foulwell repugnaklan holy rollers

Little Earth Stamper
08-14-2005, 12:08 PM
1. Christian Fundamentalism. It's run by hyopocrites, it's full of hate, it's mostly heretical, and it makes no sense.

2. Islamic Fundamentalism. Pretty much the same as the Christian flavor, only with more brutal killing. On the other hand, it doesn't have much influence in the USA, so my hatred is more intellectual, and not as visceral as it is for Christian fundamentalism. Also, most of the most heated rhetoric against Islam comes from Christian fundies, and I don't like to be associated with them, which tempers my loathing.

3. American Buddhism. Yeah, yeah, you found western religions to be stifling and then you started reading up on the wisdom of the east, and the Buddhist sages had some really good ideas. I don't care. Every damn hippy has gone over to buddhism, and I'm just bored with it. America has been inundated with that sort of thing for thirty years, and the influx of eastern film and anime is making it even more common. You know what? Same goes for Neo-Paganism. I read about Odin (Sorry, Wodan) and Zeus and Thoth when I was 12. Marvel's been publishing Thor for almost half a century. Eurasia is boring. You guys have four other whole continents to work with here! Come up with something new, fer christ's sake!

miata
08-14-2005, 12:29 PM
I think religion is the cancer reason and sanity.

abortionman
08-14-2005, 03:51 PM
christian fundimentalism: they're ruining this country
it has a tie with:
islamic fundimentalism...hell...islam: they're fucking insane

Mog
08-14-2005, 04:18 PM
OK, obviously the fundy christian and islam relgions are the 2 main choices. I think I would have to put church of scientology next if only for their merciless misuse of the legal system to drown their opponents.

psyadam
08-14-2005, 05:37 PM
mormonism because it has just as much hatred as Babtists but more logic which is why so many believe in it. The best lies contain the most truth.

WITHTEETH
08-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Closed-minded folks. Thats not really a religion but im sure they follow one.

calpurnpiso
08-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Well religious psychosis HIBV (Human Immonodeficiency Brain Virus) is a cancr of the brain, which erodes the immune system of this organ that protects it from accepting BS as if they were reality. Once this immune system is eroded, a flood of fairy tales is processed by the brain as tangible realities and accepted as fact!!

Alas, I love religious people but hate the brain cancer that affectes them disotrting their perception of reality making them dwell in a world of delusions....sad. :(

Paradox
08-15-2005, 07:25 AM
Monotheism...

vrang
08-15-2005, 08:41 AM
Most of all I hate Islam. Ive read there is now 30 million moslems in europe. And they grow three times faster than the original population. They have so many double standards. For instanse the boys often sleep around with white women, but if a moslem woman would engage in romantical situations with non- moslems, she would probably be beaten to death. Second they make I.R.A and such organisation look like people with concience, in terms of terror. I once watched cnn, and there were some snipers filming themselves trying to shoot an american soldier, while ranting allah akbhar, over and over again. Fucking retards.

Second I hate Christianity. Althoug Jesus was pretty liberal in many ways, the way christendom came out perticulary in concervative circles are hypocritical and such. I also hate the fact all christians explain all theyre religions shortcommings with, God works in mysterious ways. What a load of crock. God doesnt work at all. He simply do not exist. I also hate the fact that some extremist lives "amputated" lifes in order to please god. I figure if there ever was a god, he didnt need people to crawl for him, or sing his stupid praise. In fact I hate so much the fact that I used to crawl for this fake deity.

Evil_Mage_Ra
08-15-2005, 09:13 AM
Islamic and Christian fundamentalism, for reasons already mentioned. I'm pretty cool with other religions, though (even moderate Islam and Christianity).

honeybadger
08-15-2005, 03:41 PM
Christian fundamentalism, Islamic fundamentalism, those are the ones whose crimes I'm most familar with. I'm sure there are fundamentalist Buddhists, Hindus, Wiccans, Satanists, etc. too but we don't hear about them. I sure do hate those Christian fundies though-Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, Fred Phelps to name just a few current influential and particularly terrifying ones.

Evil_Mage_Ra
08-15-2005, 04:47 PM
Oh, I also find Scientology to be mildly annoying. Bah! Spare me your pseudo-scientific googly-moogly!

Downslide
08-15-2005, 11:25 PM
i'm not sure i could say I hate one more than any other: I don't 'hate' any of them.

in some regards, I have the view that:
just as children who persist in having imaginary friends & receive counciling for it, so too are there adults who persist in having belief in a diety that is omnipotent, and whom perhaps could receive counciling for such delusions. (though society tends to call it religion)

(the most discordant note, is that such insanity is considered a social norm, and does not garner association with a mental state as such)

God, my arse
08-16-2005, 10:47 PM
Fundametal Judaism, Pentacostal Christianity, Fundamental Islam and parts of Hinduism, the sacrificial aspects

honeybadger
08-16-2005, 11:26 PM
also Christian Science, they're the people who don't believe in doctors and medicine, but only in faith healing, who refuse to take their sick to the doctor because that would be showing a lack of faith in God, it's tragic and stupid!

and yes, Scientology is crazy.

Advocatus Diaboli
08-16-2005, 11:32 PM
I wouldn't use the word hate, but the worst are: Judaism/Christianity/Islam (three sects of the same bs) are # 1 and Hinduism is # 2 (for its caste system).

calpurnpiso
08-17-2005, 12:19 AM
I wouldn't use the word hate, but the worst are: Judaism/Christianity/Islam (three sects of the same bs) are # 1 and Hinduism is # 2 (for its caste system).
I agree. I do not think any other neurological aberration beats Abrahamic Psychosis ( Judaism, Christianity and Islam) in intolerance, hipocresy, manipulative ignorance, self-righteousness, insidious imposition of their idiotic delusions, genocidal theistic cleansing and irratioanl puerile beliefs....:)

Hectic_Skeptic
08-17-2005, 10:28 AM
I don't hate religions : I hate the people that follow them to the point of critisizing everyone else. FUCK OFF!

Philboid Studge
08-17-2005, 10:32 AM
I do not think any other neurological aberration beats Abrahamic Psychosis (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) in intolerance, hipocrisy, manipulative ignorance, self-righteousness, insidious imposition of their idiotic delusions, genocidal theistic cleansing and irrational puerile beliefs....:)
I like the use of the smiley face with this sentence. Good work, Cal!

Cap'n Awesome
08-17-2005, 11:53 AM
Just echoing most people I guess.

1. Shiite muslims/muslim fundementalists, Essentually the same as Christianity 600 years ago, no women's rights, the only theocracies left on the planet, want to convert the rest of the world by force.
2. Born-again Christian fundementalists- Looking forwards with great anticipation to 'The Rapture' and end of days times, some may try to usher it in with a confrontation with Islam.
3. New-age religions. Stupid hippies.