PDA

View Full Version : I made a T shirt that says Jezuzzucks

miata
09-01-2005, 06:15 AM
I made it with an iron on decal for a T shirt and a Christian wanted me to take it off in a grocery store. I had to call the police to get the SOB to leave me alone, and I had to file charges against him and his wife. They said I was not leaving that store with blasphemy on my shirt. I live in a small town and their minister called about 5 times and demanded I drop the charges as it made the church look bad to have the articles of this event in the local papers with his church and it's members mentioned. I had to have him arrested also for harrassing me on the phone. This made the front pages as nothing happens here unless a NASCAR driver dies. I live in a state where it is legal to record your own phone conversations. This tape needs to be released as a comedy. He said I was going to burn in hell and church members were watching me and I would regret my actions and would burn in hell. I am not going to drop the charges.

Am I wrong to defend myself from these folks, they could brand the 10 commandment on my ass and think it was fine ?.

What has happened to free speech?? Several people want to use the design which shocks the HELL out of me.

ConsequentAtheist
09-01-2005, 06:18 AM
What has happened to free speech??
Perhaps it got left behind along with respect and tolerance.

Jennifer
09-01-2005, 06:18 AM
I made it with an iron on decal and a Christian wanted me to take it off in a grocery store. I had to call the police to get the SOB to leave me alone, and I had to file charges against him and his wife. I live in a small town and their minister called about 5 times and demanded I drop the charges as it made the church look bad to have the articles of this event in the local papers with his church and it's members mentioned. I had to have him arrested also for harrassing me on the phone. This made the front pages as nothing happens here unless a NASCAR driver dies. I live in a state where it is legal to record your own phone conversations. This tape needs to be released as a comedy. He said I was going to burn in hell and church members were watching me and I would regret my actions and would burn in hell. I am not going to drop the charges.

Am I wrong to defend myself from these folks, they could brand the 10 commandment on my ass and think it was fine ?.

Miata, I would be proud to stream your audio (unless Eva wants to do it).

vsxd903s
09-01-2005, 06:23 AM
Great story. It's funny how people can wear any religious shirt they want and nobody says anything. I would have had them arrested too. I'm glad it's making the church look bad. We need more of that.

miata
09-01-2005, 06:37 AM
I made it with an iron on decal and a Christian wanted me to take it off in a grocery store. I had to call the police to get the SOB to leave me alone, and I had to file charges against him and his wife. I live in a small town and their minister called about 5 times and demanded I drop the charges as it made the church look bad to have the articles of this event in the local papers with his church and it's members mentioned. I had to have him arrested also for harrassing me on the phone. This made the front pages as nothing happens here unless a NASCAR driver dies. I live in a state where it is legal to record your own phone conversations. This tape needs to be released as a comedy. He said I was going to burn in hell and church members were watching me and I would regret my actions and would burn in hell. I am not going to drop the charges.

Miata, I would be proud to stream your audio (unless Eva wants to do it).
This guy, "the REV.", used more 4 letter words than I know. He may have been cursing in tongues. I kept saying praise Jesus as he raged on and he got more and more hostile. He said I am one of the reasons for the wrath of god in the gulf of "Mexicans", he really called it that, he told me only a commie dog would curse god in public and then be defended for it. He said he is going to report me to homeland security for being un Amurikan. Cuba here I come; I may be safer there. I just got some hate mail yesterday morning and this just happened last Friday. I think if I get enough I'll publish them on this site if that's OK, they were not signed. Oh yes, one did end with the defender of God; I don't think that's his or her real name. They may be from another planet.

I may sue this church if this continues as the Minister was acting as an agent of this churh in several calls to me.

I am now to blame for a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexicans; oh what powers I have yet undiscovered. Praise Jesus!

If there is a hell, and if not Pat Roberson may build one I'll be there soon.

Jennifer
09-01-2005, 06:41 AM
miata, you should blog this whole thing!

Striver
09-01-2005, 06:53 AM
Miata,

Didn't you say earlier that you were wheelchair-bound, and without arms? Did this guy attack you in that state?

Eva
09-01-2005, 07:04 AM
jenn, go ahead and di it....
miata, this is an amazing story and needs to be told....do it here!
go into details, stream the conversations, scan and paste the letters here too....

and get a protection order and sue.

Tenspace
09-01-2005, 07:07 AM
Miata, do you have links for local news stories? Though your tactics may not be as subtle as Shirley at the atheistexposed.blogspot.com, you deserve respect. We're behind you.

Ten

miata
09-01-2005, 07:11 AM
Miata,

Didn't you say earlier that you were wheelchair-bound, and without arms? Did this guy attack you in that state?
He did not hit me, he did verbal threats, and saw me as an easy mark and thought I would take off the shirt. He said he would take it off of me, and that's why the police came as I cannot fight. This is why this church looks so bad in the public eye in my little hamlet. "Man in wheel chair defends freedom of speech". I do have two hooks, I can stand and make a few steps and seem to be making progress. My doctor feels I will walk in a few more months. I am a big person and if I was not in a chair this may not have happened. I still can't fight the Christians. I don't mention my physical problems often as I don't need pity. No matter what has happened to me I may be happier than some religious people as I can think. I mentioned earlier about my condition as I was reminded I had left out a comma in one post and spelled a few words wrong in another. I now wished I had not said anything as it was not hostile but I didn't want to look stupid as I don't see well. This site and all you folks are an outlet for my anger. I don't want anyone to think I am feeling sorry for myself as I am moving on, I can't change the past. It's better to have a free mind than 6 arms. I am using 2 pencils rather than my mouth to type today, so forgive the mistakes. Oh yes I can't iron either and I curse too much. Jesus will forgive me as I am friends with his cousin Santa.

In the Bible we infidels are to be killed and sent to hell for eternity picking on me was defending god. It did not matter to him who or what I was.

I don't think I make too many errors but I have a comma cop out there to help me and I don't mind any help.

My wife ironed on the decal as I got in on one but not in the center.

whoneedscience
09-01-2005, 07:47 AM
I now wished I had not said anything as it was not hostile but I didn't want to look stupid as I don't see well.
No one here is mistaking you for stupid.

Definitely make the biggest deal you can out of this. That story is just amazing. It sounds like Ghandi couldn't have handled it any better (you know, if he were an atheist).

miata
09-01-2005, 08:15 AM
I now wished I had not said anything as it was not hostile but I didn't want to look stupid as I don't see well.
No one here is mistaking you for stupid.

Definitely make the biggest deal you can out of this. That story is just amazing. It sounds like Ghandi couldn't have handled it any better (you know, if he were an atheist).
I appreciate you and your kindness, I like to tease you about commas but it's not hostile. I have a decent education, and should know better.

I have sat on this story and have not discussed it as I am going to to let the lawyers take it on. They have advised me not to discuss it locally, but I am glad to tell it here on line. I waited to mention here after I decided to sue. I am not one who likes to sue, but this Church needs a lesson. If I could win a large sum I would turn the building into a homeless shelter.

Jennifer
09-01-2005, 08:20 AM
miata, how big is the file? Can you email it to my gmail account? I am at DreamOfPeace@gmail.com.

PS. I just wrote Mediagirl and the crew at Liberal Street Fighter to see if they have the bandwidth....I'll let you know as soon as they answer.

PSS. We think we can handle it at Ourword.org. Its a feminist site, but once we are streaming the file, we can post the story anywhere.

Jennifer
09-01-2005, 08:31 AM
miata, media girl just wrote me again

she says

Now you COULD post it on Our Word as an attachment to a post, and it would get picked up in the RSS feed. But the BEST way to do this is to post it at OurMedia.org -- they have free media hosting. You can post it there, with your description, and link to it from Our Word. This way we don't get a big hit on bandwidth if it's ragingly popular. (It sounds like it might be.) OurMedia is tied to the wayback machine -- you actually register in both places, and then you can post.
If you register at ourmedia, it will save you the hassle of trying to email it to me. Please let me know if you have ANY trouble. And make sure you give us the link.

miata
09-01-2005, 08:54 AM
miata, how big is the file? Can you email it to my gmail account? I am at DreamOfPeace@gmail.com.

PS. I just wrote Mediagirl and the crew at Liberal Street Fighter to see if they have the bandwidth....I'll let you know as soon as they answer.
I will review the idea. The lawyers have the hard copies but my main concern is keeping my anonymity. My name as you know is not really Miata and this story may go national. I am not sure I want a holy war with Jesus. The Pat Robertson deal has made a few Christian soldiers and I fear these zealots as they are working for god and they see me as a threat to their way of life. I have a son 14 in the ninth grade and we have received threats and property damage this past Monday night; we have the police on patrol on our street. We have changed our phone number and may need to get a new email account.

Sadly I wish I had not made the shirt for the sake of my family as we are losing our freedom in this country and this site is my only anonymous outlet. For the first time in my life I have panic attacks and have had to take medication for anxiety. I fear not just for me but for our way of life and I fear we have lost already but I hope I am wrong.
My wife has to take our son to and from school and he has been harrassed at school. We may even need to move to avoid the wrath of god. My wife thinks it all childish but that does not mean it is not a potential dangerous situation.

In the nineties I was involved in a program with 20/20 and have made some enemies as some folks "drug dealers" went to prison after the show prompted an investigation. I feel a little helpless as I am not the man I was and I am totally disabled. Plus I cannot defend my family as I once could. I want to be strong but now I cannot fight my own battles.

Should I be afraid or am I being paranoid??? Being an atheist is not a very popular position in the Bible belt.
My county is 17% black and my son is one of 7 black kids in a school of over 1000 students. A KKK grand dragon lives about 20 miles or less from my home. We have an active KKK organization and a black man is going to fight Jesus. My wife says I am insane and wants to move.

Does anyone think I should move????

Rhinoqulous
09-01-2005, 08:55 AM
Stick it to 'em, Miata! Keep us updated.

miata
09-01-2005, 09:26 AM
Thanks for your kindness and support. I needed to get this out and I hope I have not bored you. I am not a radical but being black in the deep red state south I am reminded often that my views are not needed or wanted.

Years ago when I walked and was in good health I was invited to a white church to discuss race relations. I sweet little lade took me to the restroom and showed me the leak. She thought I had to be there to do some repair work. Just for fun I did make a simple repair, I was just glad they didn't ask me to dance.

Tenspace
09-01-2005, 09:58 AM

I will review the idea. The lawyers have the hard copies but my main concern is keeping my anonymity. My name as you know is not really Miata and this story may go national. I am not sure I want a holy war with Jesus. The Pat Robertson deal has made a few Christian soldiers and I fear these zealots as they are working for god and they see me as a threat to their way of life. I have a son 14 in the ninth grade and we have received threats and property damage this past Monday night; we have the police on patrol on our street. We have changed our phone number and may need to get a new email account.

Sadly I wish I had not made the shirt for the sake of my family as we are losing our freedom in this country and this site is my only anonymous outlet. For the first time in my life I have panic attacks and have had to take medication for anxiety. I fear not just for me but for our way of life and I fear we have lost already but I hope I am wrong.
My wife has to take our son to and from school and he has been harrassed at school. We may even need to move to avoid the wrath of god. My wife thinks it all childish but that does not mean it is not a potential dangerous situation.

In the nineties I was involved in a program with 20/20 and have made some enemies as some folks "drug dealers" went to prison after the show prompted an investigation. I feel a little helpless as I am not the man I was and I am totally disabled. Plus I cannot defend my family as I once could. I want to be strong but now I cannot fight my own battles.

Should I be afraid or am I being paranoid??? Being an atheist is not a very popular position in the Bible belt.
My county is 17% black and my son is one of 7 black kids in a school of over 1000 students. A KKK grand dragon lives about 20 miles or less from my home. We have an active KKK organization and a black man is going to fight Jesus. My wife says I am insane and wants to move.

Does anyone think I should move????
I think you should take the threats seriously. Avoid moving if possible, though. Hmmm... wonder how far you are from Destin, FL? Wouldn't mind a road trip to help a fellow atheist out.

Tenspace

miata
09-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Thanks for your kindness, no need for both of use to be burned.
We can afford to move but all my doctors are here. I am recovering and with new glasses can read better. We go out of town to shop but I don't get out much but I will not wear that shirt again if I do.. The sad part is as an American I should be able to wear Zueszucks if I wanted to, but not here. I am in the NC mountains and this is as red as it can be.

Jennifer
09-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Hey miata, I'm sorry if I alarmed you. My instinct is always to shine a big ole light on Bullies, but your right, that isn't always the best thing.

miata
09-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Hey miata, I'm sorry if I alarmed you. My instinct is always to shine a big ole light on Bullies, but your right, that isn't always the best thing.
I have put in or had put in an alarm and I have a video camera outside on tape and a Jack Russell terrier in the back fenced in yard. He lets us know if the wind changes direction but he not an attack dog just an alarm.

If I win the suit and I think it's a good shot I can leave this country. I think it's already left me.

The other thing; with a low profile fewer people will show up to support Jesus against the Black Infidel. If this get out of hand and goes national perhaps the ACLU would take it.

BTW the store called and have the video of the whole show and they say it's clear. It was near the register so lots
of store employees were there and we got all their names from the manager.

My lawyers say this is most likely going to be settled out of court and soon to shut it down.. I wonder how much it's worth to a Church to do this shit; I did not really use the correct spelling on the shirt, perhaps I should have used Spanish; they call it Mexican here. They have over 500 members in this church and it's all white. I think they will not be asking me to attend any services.

To me this is not a color issue it's a freedom of speech issue. No matter if you are green you should not lost your voice. If we allow that to happen then it's over. Rev. Furor Adolph Hitler Robertson wins. We lose

Look at gas prices today and tell me who is winning. The poor and or elderly will die for lack of fuel for heat this, and where winter. Where is Jesus now. Hell we don't need the dog and pony Easter show, we need leadership who stive for peace and not say bring them on.

Praise Jesus.

ghoulslime
09-01-2005, 11:23 AM

PSS. We think we can handle it at Ourword.org. Its a feminist site, but once we are streaming the file, we can post the story anywhere.
If you need bandwidth, then just let me know.

ghoulslime
09-01-2005, 11:24 AM
Miata, you have my utmost respect and admiration!

Eva
09-01-2005, 11:26 AM
hold on, miata....your case is good...maybe in a few weeks/months, it would be advisable to publicly expose this cretins....put jenn's offer on hold for now....you have lawyers in the case already, make sure that even if they are xtians, they have your best interests in mind....if the settlement seems ridiculous, ask the aclu to intervene...maybe RA can help, he is a lawyer...
if you need any help or just moral support, just holler....we are here.
and i speak for everyone here that supports freedom of speech. theists or atheists.

miata
09-01-2005, 11:37 AM
hold on, miata....your case is good...maybe in a few weeks/months, it would be advisable to publicly expose this cretins....put jenn's offer on hold for now....you have lawyers in the case already, make sure that even if they are xtians, they have your best interests in mind....if the settlement seems ridiculous, ask the aclu to intervene...maybe RA can help, he is a lawyer...
if you need any help or just moral support, just holler....we are here.
and i speak for everyone here that supports freedom of speech. theists or atheists.
Thanks, I appreciate your support and for giving me an outlet to vent. When I first posted here I had no idea this could happen. God does work in mysterious ways and his followers are worse.

TheSnake
09-01-2005, 11:52 AM
Miata, if I were you, I'd probably move to a place with more reasonable people.

It's hard for me to comprehend that the world is full of such assholes. There really is no limit to human stupidity What on Earth goes on in the minds of these people? I mean, is their God really so weak that He needs help fighting a man in a wheel chair who's mocking Him?

miata
09-01-2005, 12:00 PM
Religion is every place we go. I was thought to be an easy target. They thought I would fold but the bright side is they will make me get out of this chair and look them in the eye even sooner.

Rhinoqulous
09-01-2005, 12:05 PM
I have to agree with miata, snake. There's no place to go (at least here in the US) to escape the religious nuts. Some places might be better than others, but the infestation of wacko's is everywhere.

miata
09-01-2005, 12:23 PM
I have to agree with miata, snake. There's no place to go (at least here in the US) to escape the religious nuts. Some places might be better than others, but the infestation of wacko's is everywhere.
The message to this group of fundies is that everyone who is down is powerless. If I can clean their clock they will be remembered as asshole and that works for me.

These people are happy, just like any other terrorist groug they gave it up for their god. If I was a stem cell they would have died for me. But as an atheist I was just scum and they defended their God and they are proud they did it. They think Jesus will save them. I am the bad guy to them.

GodlessHeathen
09-01-2005, 12:50 PM
If I was a stem cell they would have died for me.
I think they prefer the term "blastocyst-American". :)

Hang in there. You're doing the right thing, and I join the others in applauding your effort and standing behind you.

Another brick in the wall
09-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Miata- Consider moving to California. There are religious people there too, but it's goofy-religious instead of scary-religious.

4thgeneration
09-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Miata,
You are in our thoughts through this perilous time. I have been an atheist my whole life and my parents taught me to hide in the shadows and never reveal my true thoughts.

You are the strongest human being I know. Furthermore, your son has a strong role model in you.

Is there anything I (we) can personally do to help you with this? I would rather give aid to your cause than the hurricane cleanup (I am quite selfish, I know).

I wish I had your courage, man. Good luck!

miata
09-01-2005, 01:39 PM
Miata,
You are in our thoughts through this perilous time. I have been an atheist my whole life and my parents taught me to hide in the shadows and never reveal my true thoughts.

You are the strongest human being I know. Furthermore, your son has a strong role model in you.

Is there anything I (we) can personally do to help you with this? I would rather give aid to your cause than the hurricane cleanup (I am quite selfish, I know).

I wish I had your courage, man. Good luck!
I got funds for the injuries and an income and what better way to spend it. I am just glad to know I am not alone,
I have never been sure about religion but as a small child I questioned human sacrifice. Omnipotent beings do not need to prove anything through human sacrifice. You can't be omnipotent and die to save people from your own wrath. It's dodo.

StillSurviving
09-01-2005, 01:40 PM
Miata, I hope you get to tell your story loud and proud and without fear, and have cafepress.com or a similar site make "Jezuzzucks" shirts for you to sell, so all your supporters can wear them proudly as well.

Tenspace
09-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Miata, I hope you get to tell your story loud and proud and without fear, and have cafepress.com or a similar site make "Jezuzzucks" shirts for you to sell, so all your supporters can wear them proudly as well.
I'd buy one, and it would be a great way for you to afford legal services. :)

Ten

miata
09-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Thanks so much, I am not poor, I think I am wealthy and I am retired with lots of time and investments, but the church just thought I was some very poor helpless black man in a wheel chair they could use as an example of their love for Jesus. I think they just jumped the wrong guy. It's not the color issue to me it's my right to wear the shirt.

They are not bad people they just lost it as they had never seen a shirt like this in Jesusville. They are nice little terrorist just like those on 9/11 those people did what they thought was right and would do it again. One told the press they did the right thing. I did not have a right to insult their god and I needed to be arrested. They said the shirt was vulgar and indecent for children to see.

The Lawyers I have hired said they thought this was such a strong case they took it for a percentage, and no up front fees. Another firm has joined in, they are going to sue the members that were in the store, sue the minister, and sue the church as the minister was their agent. If I win, I'll give the money away unless I leave this country but who wants American now?

I am not doing this just for money, hell they want to post the bible on every public building and I can't wear a silly anti Jezuz shirt.

miata
09-01-2005, 02:17 PM
I'd buy one, and it would be a great way for you to afford legal services. :)

Ten
I am afraid to make another shirt.

I got a 3.00 T shirt and an iron on from Walmart it must be printed in reverse on any inkjet printer in your favoite font and preheat the iron. Anyone can make a shirt you just can't wear it in Jesusville. It's not safe.

miata
09-01-2005, 02:28 PM
Miata, I will pray for you....
Praise jesus

I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy
nailed to two pieces of wood.
..........George Carlin

Tenspace
09-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Check out www.cafepress.com

You can create and sell shirts as miata.. no one will know.

miata
09-01-2005, 02:47 PM

I appreciate your kindness.

My wife does not understand why I care about the other guy. I was not born rich so I have lived on both sides of the tracks; I was the other guy. I cleaned office buildings during college and after college I could not get a good job so I cleaned day and night then I bought a van and hired others then it took off and I had many vans and I worked 16 plus hours a day. I did a tour in Nam and my wife ran the business, and did it better than me. It worked for us, We got dirty but we did well and I hate to see this country that gave me a chance to make it out of the slums of the deep south not be there for other young people of all colors.

Our jobs are in China where can people get a job other than Walmart? Nothing wrong with Walmart but you can't get rich working there. We are supporting slave labor in China but try to find ythings made here in Bushland.

In the book, "The End of Faith " Sam Harris says religion is still in the middle ages. This is the best book I have ever read. I wish I could send all of you a copy.

Tenspace
09-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Thought I'd share this with everyone, lighten up the mood 'n all. :)

http://ravingatheist.com/forum/img/uploads/793467.1.jpg

GodlessHeathen
09-02-2005, 12:50 PM
That's one for Rhinoq and Philboid. Now you guys can Light up with Jesus!

Another brick in the wall
09-02-2005, 01:12 PM

My wife does not understand why I care about the other guy. I was not born rich so I have lived on both sides of the tracks; I was the other guy. I cleaned office buildings during college and after college I could not get a good job so I cleaned day and night then I bought a van and hired others then it took off and I had many vans and I worked 16 plus hours a day. I did a tour in Nam and my wife ran the business, and did it better than me. It worked for us, We got dirty but we did well and I hate to see this country that gave me a chance to make it out of the slums of the deep south not be there for other young people of all colors.

Our jobs are in China where can people get a job other than Walmart? Nothing wrong with Walmart but you can't get rich working there. We are supporting slave labor in China but try to find ythings made here in Bushland.

In the book, "The End of Faith " Sam Harris says religion is still in the middle ages. This is the best book I have ever read. I wish I could send all of you a copy.
I read "The End of Faith" too. Great book. I worked at Wal-Mart once. It' kind of like joining a cult. "Our" jobs? Jobs don't belong to anybody. Muscle jobs go to where muscle labor is cheap. People want cheap stuff and things are cheaper if they aren't made here.

miata
09-02-2005, 01:42 PM

I read "The End of Faith" too. Great book. I worked at Wal-Mart once. It' kind of like joining a cult. "Our" jobs? Jobs don't belong to anybody. Muscle jobs go to where muscle labor is cheap. People want cheap stuff and things are cheaper if they aren't made here.
Your right we don't own the jobs but we need to keep some edge in the market place as most people must work to live. It's a slave thing but you get to leave at 5. Like my wife says we should not worry about those poor people but I do. I rescue stray unwanted dogs why should I not want to help fellow human beings.

In the forties or fifties there was a movie called "Our Man Godfrey", With William Powell, it tells a story about the dignity of being able to work and care for your family, buy a home, educate you children ect..

4thgeneration
09-06-2005, 01:19 PM
I had a boss in a factory that I worked who always threatened that he'd take our company to China. One of the guys on my line, said, "Fine, then the product will be cheaper and I will actually be able to afford one!"

I remember looking at him incredulously. I said, "Without a job, how will you afford anything?"

I guess, I still remember what it was like to worry about my job going overseas. Now, I worry more about the people they import from overseas filling up the positions that could be mine.

miata
09-06-2005, 01:38 PM
I had a boss in a factory that I worked who always threatened that he'd take our company to China. One of the guys on my line, said, "Fine, then the product will be cheaper and I will actually be able to afford one!"

I remember looking at him incredulously. I said, "Without a job, how will you afford anything?"

I guess, I still remember what it was like to worry about my job going overseas. Now, I worry more about the people they import from overseas filling up the positions that could be mine.
I left part of my ass over seas.