Raving Atheists Forum

Raving Atheists Forum (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sciences (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Non-Neurological Consciousness (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17441)

Egor 01-13-2018 03:51 PM

Non-Neurological Consciousness

I have done original experiments backed up by other scientists that show that consciousness can exist without any neurology whatsoever. I detail it in my book, Discovering Your Psychic Self, but before you rush out and become the 41st person to own that book, I will lay it out in this string for you for free.

Is there anyone who dares to disagree? You might just lose your atheism. I would leave now, if I were you.

Or, if you would rather post a comment that you agree without me having to go through all the evidence, please feel free to do so. I understand the requisite IQ can often be missing around here for this kind of discussion.

Sinfidel 01-13-2018 04:07 PM

Egor claims
Quote:

I have done original experiments backed up by other scientists that show that consciousness can exist without any neurology whatsoever.
Just post some of the communications you've had from JFK since his brains got shot out, We eagerly await! :rock:

Egor 01-13-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Sinfidel wrote (Post 690108)
Egor claims

Just post some of the communications you've had from JFK since his brains got shot out, We eagerly await! :rock:

Sinfidel, clearly, this discussion is going to be over your head. So, go out and play with the other kids while the grown-ups talk.

SEG 01-13-2018 04:21 PM

Quote:

I have done original experiments backed up by other scientists that show that consciousness can exist without any neurology whatsoever.
Give us some evidence of this wild assertion. I can hardly wait.

Smellyoldgit 01-13-2018 06:06 PM

Ooo, now he's spamming another of his amazing books!

Quote:

Courtney
1.0 out of 5 stars Narcissistic person, fake, and just poorly written
December 6, 2017
Format: Paperback
Would give this zero stars if I could. Edward is a narcissist, and it’s been proven on many occasions that he doesn’t actually believe any of the stuff he writes about or charges people money for. Stay away from this guy, and stay away from this book. It’s just another money grab, like the rest of his psychic business.
I'll wager his wife wrote the other Amazon review ....
.... and here was I thinking he'd given up on the psychic horseshit! :\

Kinich Ahau 01-13-2018 11:35 PM

Even the robotic storeman in the amazon warehouse is smart enough not to pick up that shit.

hertz vanrental 01-14-2018 02:57 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690110)
Sinfidel, clearly, this discussion is going to be over your head. So, go out and play with the other kids while the grown-ups talk.

You stupid, little, condescending, arrogant piece of shite.

Grow up you little tit.

You are fuckin' insane.:bird:

hertz vanrental 01-14-2018 03:02 AM

Quote:

SEG wrote (Post 690111)
Give us some evidence of this wild assertion. I can hardly wait.

Unfortunately, he can't, Seg. Eee by gum did it on the astral plane on his journey to hell and left all of his notes on the aircraft seat when he left the plane.

He claims he contacted 'Astral' Air and demanded his notes back but they say they've never seen them.

Actually, the notes were flushed down the toilet with the rest of the shit by cabin crew.

hertz vanrental 01-14-2018 03:17 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690110)

Hey ee by gum

When you go astral planing, who do you fly with?

Air Ganga?:silenced:

hertz vanrental 01-14-2018 03:33 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690110)

hey ee by gum

Where can I book a flight on your astral plane to hell. I would like to go.

How much is a ticket?

Where do we fly from? I personally like Gatwick.

How much is a ticket?

Egor 01-14-2018 06:45 AM

Actually, I'm not sure I can do this discussion here. I like debate. I like the dissing back and forth. I don't even get bothered by people like Hertz, but Smelly Old Git does things to my posts, and my account, so I can't trust that he won't change the words of my posts, and then, if he does, it's on the web like that.

So, while I would like to have this discussion, I'm going to have to have it elsewhere as well. I will double-post here, and in a forum I create for my website. I will pm my website to people I want to pm it to. If I put it here, SOG, will just mess with it.

Forums are the best tool for debate and discussion. Mine won't have many members for sure, because forums just aren't that popular anymore. No one searches for them. But the posts do become listed in Google searches, so maybe it would be good if Veridicanism had a religious forum where people could come together and discuss things.

I would like to keep it totally free speech. But at least no one could mess with other peoples posts or comments, like SOG does. What a weak person he is. He always has been. He's never really been able to hold any serious debate.

I was thinking how ironic it is that this forum comes up first in a search for athiest forums. It is supposed to have some 400,000 members, but there's what? Four of us using it? It's because of SOG. It's not the raving part, it's the way he messes with people's accounts and posts.

And like with me, he's tried to mess in my 3D world as well. I think he is actually the owner of verdicanism.com and pays to keep it active year after year. Leaves bad reviews on my books at Amazon, that sort of thing. So, as you see, he's run this into the ground as well. What kind of loser is that?

Fortunately, Veridicanism has a website now, and it shows up right by his website that mocks me. So, anyone who actually cared to search, would immediately see the difference. Fortunately, bad reviews of the VGJC are better than good reviews for making people wonder what it's all about, and my other books I have absolutely no commercial interest in at all. I don't even go to Amazon anymore to see if there's been any sales. I couldn't care less.

But that's what you get here. Better ban me, SOG, I'm going to take the few you have left and the activity in here will drop to zero.

Moron.

hertz vanrental 01-14-2018 06:57 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690143)
Actually, I'm not sure I can do this discussion here. I like debate. I like the dissing back and forth. I don't even get bothered by people like Hertz, but Smelly Old Git does things to my posts, and my account, so I can't trust that he won't change the words of my posts, and then, if he does, it's on the web like that.

So, while I would like to have this discussion, I'm going to have to have it elsewhere as well. I will double-post here, and in a forum I create for my website. I will pm my website to people I want to pm it to. If I put it here, SOG, will just mess with it.

Forums are the best tool for debate and discussion. Mine won't have many members for sure, because forums just aren't that popular anymore. No one searches for them. But the posts do become listed in Google searches, so maybe it would be good if Veridicanism had a religious forum where people could come together and discuss things.

I would like to keep it totally free speech. But at least no one could mess with other peoples posts or comments, like SOG does. What a weak person he is. He always has been. He's never really been able to hold any serious debate.

I was thinking how ironic it is that this forum comes up first in a search for athiest forums. It is supposed to have some 400,000 members, but there's what? Four of us using it? It's because of SOG. It's not the raving part, it's the way he messes with people's accounts and posts.

And like me, he's tried to mess in my 3D world as well. I think he is actually the owner of verdicanism.com and pays to keep it active year after year. Leaves bad reviews on my books at Amazon, that sort of thing. So, as you see, he's run this into the ground as well. What kind of loser is that?

Fortunately, Veridicanism has a website now, and it shows up right by his website that mocks me. So, anyone who actually cared to search, would immediately see the difference. Fortunately, bad reviews of the VGJC are better than good reviews for making people wonder what it's all about, and my other books I have absolutely no commercial interest in at all. I don't even go to Amazon anymore to see if there's been any sales. I couldn't care less.

But that's what you get here. Better ban me, SOG, I'm going to take the few you have left and the activity in here will drop to zero.

Moron.

Oh, woe is me 'cos those nasty atheists have beaten the crap out of me.

You, shit for brains, were given a chance to debate, or, in your case, mass debate. Look what you did with it!

SOG screwed with your avatar - or did he? From the little I've seen of you, it's rather apt, don't you think?

You are an egocentric, insane imbecile who writes fuckin' stupid books as far as I am able to determine. What kind of a twat claims that he hears the word of god and then advertises his insanity to the whole world by writing a gospel to prove it? Fuck me. I've met some people that are away with the fairies before but you take the biscuit.

When you look out of your window late at night, how many moons do you see?

Egor 01-14-2018 07:02 AM

Okay, here is my forum. Everyone is invited to join, even my enemies. You don't even have to use a real e-mail, and I highly encourage an anonymous name. You can even keep your own personal style and vocabulary. I make up some rules to keep things running smoothly, but it will be as much like this forum as possible. Atheists WILL be welcome.

http://veridican.com/Religious-Debate-Forum/

hertz vanrental 01-14-2018 07:11 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690145)
Okay, here is my forum. Everyone is invited to join, even my enemies. You don't even have to use a real e-mail, and I highly encourage an anonymous name. You can even keep your own personal style and vocabulary. I make up some rules to keep things running smoothly, but it will be as much like this forum as possible. Atheists WILL be welcome.

Come on egor maniac. Rather that this cry-baby attitude and running off back to mommy, why don't you debate like a proper grown up? Let's really see what you have 'under the hood' or is there just 'fresh air'?

Maybe all you want is people who swallow your insane shit?

That it, shit for brains? That it?

Like all christards - you don't like being challenged, do you?

Egor 01-14-2018 07:26 AM

Quote:

hertz vanrental wrote (Post 690146)
Come on egor maniac. Rather that this cry-baby attitude and running off back to mommy, why don't you debate like a proper grown up? Let's really see what you have 'under the hood' or is there just 'fresh air'?

Maybe all you want is people who swallow your insane shit?

That it, shit for brains? That it?

Like all christards - you don't like being challenged, do you?

SOG messes with the words of my post. Even someone as uneducated as yourself, would have to admit that debate can't take place in that arena.

hertz vanrental 01-14-2018 07:42 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690147)
SOG messes with the words of my post. Even someone as uneducated as yourself, would have to admit that debate can't take place in that arena.

No, it's me that messes with with the words in people's posts. That said, it doesn't take a mental giant to go back to the original post and determine the differences between the changed and original text.

You believe in a sky wizard and that god talks to you:D. You even tell the world that you are loopy by writing a shit book and even refer to it as a new gospel:lol:. Street cred you ain't got, dumb-ass.

How on earth do you expect people to take you seriously - except mental health professionals, that is?

Now, off you go on you astral cycle and come back when you have stopped bleeding bull shit.:D

hertz vanrental 01-14-2018 07:47 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690145)

Oooh, you mean, like, what did jebus mean when his dad called you a complete shit head?

Is that the kind of religious debate you are thinking of?

hertz vanrental 01-14-2018 07:55 AM

I did warn you ego maniac. You really ought to have taken the win when I offered it.

You really are a piss-poor debater are you not. Better than android but so is my pet halibut, Eric. However, you are nowhere near jerrypong's level.

What's it like being an insane failure?

Perhaps you should get an education instead of reading/writing about 'religin'.

Egor 01-14-2018 08:09 AM

No, he goes into my original post and changes it. Once he starts doing that, it doesn't matter if I'm banned or not, I'm effectively banned. I can't debate if I'm banned.

Egor 01-14-2018 08:16 AM

Okay. This discussion is now open in my forum. If you have any balls at all, you'll risk your atheism by engaging me there.

http://veridican.com/Religious-Debat....php?topic=6.0

hertz vanrental 01-14-2018 08:28 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690152)
No, he goes into my original post and changes it. Once he starts doing that, it doesn't matter if I'm banned or not, I'm effectively banned. I can't debate if I'm banned.

In all honesty, you can't debate. You ain't smart enough.

Also, IF and I say IF, SOG amended a post of yours, there was probably good reason.

Also, I doubt what you say is true. You posted that I'd been here for years whereas I've only been here for two months. How could you get something so wrong?

hertz vanrental 01-14-2018 08:32 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690153)
Okay. This discussion is now open in my forum. If you have any balls at all, you'll risk your atheism by engaging me there.

Risk my atheism?

What are you on?

In all honesty, you are off the scale of insanity. Astral Planes? Really?

Debating with you will be like playing chess with a pigeon.

hertz vanrental 01-14-2018 09:05 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690153)

Big fuckin' wow!

Smellyoldgit 01-14-2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690143)

And like with me, he's tried to mess in my 3D world as well. I think he is actually the owner of verdicanism.com and pays to keep it active year after year. Leaves bad reviews on my books at Amazon, that sort of thing. So, as you see, he's run this into the ground as well. What kind of loser is that?

Moron.

Oh wah, wah fucking wah!
Stop spamming your shitty crap and I can ignore your drivel completely.
Arrogant fuckhead.

hertz vanrental 01-14-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690147)

If this is true, why come back?

hertz vanrental 01-14-2018 09:33 AM

ego centric

I have to say, I'm disappointed with your effort so far. I expected so much more.

Is this all you have to offer?

Really?

Is that it in it's totality?

You aren't even as good as android and he's a stupid little piss ant.

Smellyoldgit 01-14-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690152)

You are a dense prick.
For the record you have not been banned and no words were changed in your opening post. I added an appropriate link to your spam. You are more than welcome to fuck off.

Egor 01-14-2018 09:50 AM

Well, there's only 6 people in your forum that are active. You and Hertz are just misfits that are apparently from the same genetic material. So, I came back. Tried to have some fun, but once again, you prove you really are an angry person, you really do take it personal, you can't rise above your own "shtick," and I've never heard you debate at all. You're not even the original owner of this forum are you? You're just all that's left. So, now, Judge has joined (which is the only atheist I care about), now I will go get Andrew, and then you and Hertz can stroke each other all by yourselves. Shoot, I thought you were on your way to hell. But really, it looks like you may have already arrived. Ha!

Smellyoldgit 01-14-2018 10:09 AM

I thought you'd left the building?
.... and The Judge joined in 2005 - do keep up!

hertz vanrental 01-14-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690170)
Well, there's only 6 people in your forum that are active. You and Hertz are just misfits that are apparently from the same genetic material. So, I came back. Tried to have some fun, but once again, you prove you really are an angry person, you really do take it personal, you can't rise above your own "shtick," and I've never heard you debate at all. You're not even the original owner of this forum are you? You're just all that's left. So, now, Judge has joined (which is the only atheist I care about), now I will go get Andrew, and then you and Hertz can stroke each other all by yourselves. Shoot, I thought you were on your way to hell. But really, it looks like you may have already arrived. Ha!

Try counting again ego centric. After all, you thought that I'd been here for years even though it's only been two months.:thumbsup:

You came back here because the Thinking Atheists banned you, though how you managed to get banned from there, god only knows. You had nowhere else to go, let's face it, except here and that empty forum of yours.

This forum will survive long after your current turdology has been flushed down the pan where it belongs.

Why?

Because there'll always be some christard or christardology to rave about because they are both shit.

When people realise how insane you are ....

hertz vanrental 01-14-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Smellyoldgit wrote (Post 690173)
I thought you'd left the building?
.... and The Judge joined in 2005 - do keep up!

He has, he's talking to you from his astral plane.:thumbsup:

Egor 01-14-2018 10:33 AM

Just like Hertz joining years ago, which he did. (He's been in and out of here just like me.), I misquoted. Here are the forum statistics:

Threads: 10,245,
Members: 1,696,
Active Members: 42
Welcome to our newest member, Joync

I confused the posts for membership, and the members for active members. This forum is useless. A forum this old, and it has 1696 members of which only 42 are active. You all are like the Branch Davidians!

Now, I get it, forums aren't used much, mine is really just what I'm using instead of a blog, but who drove this ancient forum into the ground? Why not just shut it down?

Egor 01-14-2018 10:44 AM

Smelly Old Git--you are Chris ******* and you're female?
No way. http://veridican.com/smilies/jawdrop2.gif

Smellyoldgit 01-14-2018 10:53 AM

Damn, I've been outed!
https://www.askideas.com/media/14/Fa...ny-Picture.jpg
:lol:

Egor 01-14-2018 10:56 AM

That's not you. This is you...

http://veridican.com/images/git.jpg

Chris

Swears a lot, people mistake it for anger, anti-social, obviously you traveled a bit. And you have children? Most atheists are men. So, how did you get so damaged?

Egor 01-14-2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690178)
Smelly Old Git--you are Chris ******* and you're female?
No way. http://veridican.com/smilies/jawdrop2.gif

You blocked out the last name. That is you! http://veridican.com/smilies/censored2-smiley-face.gif

Smellyoldgit 01-14-2018 11:04 AM

Wrong again.
We do not disclose personal info without permission.
Idiot.

hertz vanrental 01-14-2018 11:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690177)
Just like Hertz joining years ago, which he did. (He's been in and out of here just like me.),

Here's the info related to when I joined.

I didn't post until just over 2 months ago.

I've never been a member before. If you think I have, ego centric, where's your proof?

Attachment 239

You are insane.

Are you in the building (you said that you'd left, remember) or on your astral plane, or, are you god-like and omni-present?:rolleyes:

Hey ego centric - this the best you got?:bird:

Egor 01-14-2018 11:14 AM

Sure you do. You are a sock puppet of Chris, actually vice versa. I'm probably the last to know. But here's how I know (psychics are real good at collecting "hot information"). The owner is the first person--you. Chris. But there's been no traffic from any mods for a very long time, except you. There's almost no activity here at all, but the owner would not keep paying for the website unless they were still involved in it. So, you are the only "mod" still involved, thus you are the owner. Chris (and you're last name is on your website, idiot.).

A female. A liberal, Northwest female at that. So, you didn't vote for Trump I take it. :lol:

Egor 01-14-2018 11:15 AM

Quote:

hertz vanrental wrote (Post 690183)
Here's the info related to when I joined.

I didn't post until just over 2 months ago.

I've never been a member before. If you think I have, ego centric, where's your proof?

Attachment 239

You are insane.

Are you in the building (you said that you'd left, remember) or on your astral plane, or, are you god-like and omni-present?:rolleyes:

Hey ego centric - this the best you got?:bird:

http://veridican.com/smilies/blablabla.gif

Who cares about you! I'm on Chris now...so to speak. :heart:

hertz vanrental 01-14-2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690184)
Sure you do. You are a sock puppet of Chris, actually vice versa. I'm probably the last to know. But here's how I know (psychics are real good at collecting "hot information"). The owner is the first person--you. Chris. But there's been no traffic from any mods for a very long time, except you. There's almost no activity here at all, but the owner would not keep paying for the website unless they were still involved in it. So, you are the only "mod" still involved, thus you are the owner. Chris (and you're last name is on your website, idiot.).

A female. A liberal, Northwest female at that. So, you didn't vote for Trump I take it. :lol:

Says the dumb twat that thinks that he can travel on astral planes and go to hell and back, literally, and thinks that I've been a member for years - oh, almost forgot, and thinks god talks to him and writes a new gospel (praise de lard).

When one strings it all together, it's the man from wacko-ville alright.:bird:

hertz vanrental 01-14-2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690185)

If you don't care you lying fuckin' insane prick, don't post. Dumb twat.

Exactly how insane are you?

Your lard is gonna be real pissed with all this shit you are giving out. I wouldn't like to be in your shoes when he catches up with you. No siree.:thumbsup:

hertz vanrental 01-14-2018 11:35 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690185)

Hey ego centric

How come you aren't over at you web site talking to all of your new visitors, eh? How come, if you have left the building, you are over here talking to us?

It's lonely out in space, isn't it!!

Kinich Ahau 01-14-2018 11:37 AM

"But here's how I know (psychics are real good at collecting "hot information")."

Egor.

:lol::lol::lol:

Are you sure about this Eddy? Is this a demonstration of your psychic skills?

How hot is this information?

Sinfidel 01-14-2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690110)

:lol::lol:

Obviously a quotation from your PhD dissertation. :rock:

Smellyoldgit 01-14-2018 12:14 PM

Quote:

Kinich Ahau wrote (Post 690189)
"But here's how I know (psychics are real good at collecting "hot information")."

Egor.

Are you sure about this Eddy? Is this a demonstration of your psychic skills?

How hot is this information?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know I play dress-up once in a while, but jesus fuck - Sad Eddy takes being wrong to a whole new Astral Plane!

hertz vanrental 01-14-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690177)
Just like Hertz joining years ago, which he did. (He's been in and out of here just like me.), I misquoted. Here are the forum statistics:

Threads: 10,245,
Members: 1,696,
Active Members: 42
Welcome to our newest member, Joync

I confused the posts for membership, and the members for active members. This forum is useless. A forum this old, and it has 1696 members of which only 42 are active. You all are like the Branch Davidians!

Now, I get it, forums aren't used much, mine is really just what I'm using instead of a blog, but who drove this ancient forum into the ground? Why not just shut it down?

Hey ego centric

I'm still waiting for proof that I've been a member of this forum for years.

hertz vanrental 01-14-2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690185)

Hey ego centric

Has your church developed a policy on anal yet? If so, what is it? I wouldn't want to join a church with the wrong anal policy.

The Judge 01-14-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690153)

And it is on. I have balls. I have atheism and I ain't about to lose either of them.

hertz vanrental 01-14-2018 01:16 PM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690153)

I have balls, I am an atheist and have engaged many theists. If I engage another, I'm worried that I may lose the will to live. christards are fuckin' useless debaters and such liars.

christards are good for only one thing - as chew sticks but, quite frankly, they're not much good at even that.

Egor 01-14-2018 02:46 PM

Judge, you over-estimate your atheist parishioners. For YOU it may be about science. You're like the old-school atheist. For everyone else, especially in this forum, you get raw under-educated emotions. Nothing more. They don't give a shit about science; they can't understand it anyway. They FOLLOW.

If Christopher Hitchens tells them to (or told them), or Richard Dawkins tells them to strap on dynamite and detonate in the middle of a nativity scene at the local VFW--they're going to do it!

And your old-school, philosopher-atheist shit is over for them. It didn't work; it didn't persuade, not ultimately anyway, and once communism failed, the big bang got usurped by the the theists, and evolution never proved how a cell formed, that was it. Go be a doctor, treat illness, be an engineer, build a bridge, run for office, whatever, the new atheism is just about the desire to be rude, anti-social, and act intellectually superior to superstitious Catholic mountain villagers in Brazil. That's it.

Besides, all this anti-Christian shtick totally fell apart when we saw what Islam was all about with ISIS. Now, everyone wants a Christian with a gun for a neighbor--internationally speaking.

hertz vanrental 01-14-2018 03:08 PM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690197)
Judge, you over-estimate your atheist parishioners. For YOU it may be about science. You're like the old-school atheist. For everyone else, especially in this forum, you get raw under-educated emotions. Nothing more. They don't give a shit about science; they can't understand it anyway. They FOLLOW.

If Christopher Hitchens tells them to (or told them), or Richard Dawkins tells them to strap on dynamite and detonate in the middle of a nativity scene at the local VFW--they're going to do it!

And your old-school, philosopher-atheist shit is over for them. It didn't work; it didn't persuade, not ultimately anyway, and once communism failed, the big bang got usurped by the the theists, and evolution never proved how a cell formed, that was it. Go be a doctor, treat illness, be an engineer, build a bridge, run for office, whatever, the new atheism is just about the desire to be rude, anti-social, and act intellectually superior to superstitious Catholic mountain villagers in Brazil. That's it.

Besides, all this anti-Christian shtick totally fell apart when we saw what Islam was all about with ISIS. Now, everyone wants a Christian with a gun for a neighbor--internationally speaking.

Whilst ego centric is here, his village is missing its idiot, that's for sure.

Fuck me ego, you are disappointing.

The Judge 01-14-2018 05:02 PM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690197)

Maybe they're just tired of the same old arguments. Admittedly much has changed here since the early days but I'm enjoying being back.

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690197)

Of course, this is bullshit. For one Hitch would never have said such an absurd thing. He'd have lost a lot of credibility if he had.

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690197)
And your old-school, philosopher-atheist shit is over for them. It didn't work; it didn't persuade, not ultimately anyway,

Whether it did or didn't the growth of unaffiliated / non-spiritual / atheists / "Nones" has grown certainly in the UK and in the US in recent years. Did this play a part? Possibly but there are arguably many other factors at play to effect such a shift in tides.

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690197)
...and once communism failed, the big bang got usurped by the the theists,

Bit of a non-sequiter here :\

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690197)
...and evolution never proved how a cell formed,

It never tried to.

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690197)
...the new atheism is just about the desire to be rude, anti-social, and act intellectually superior to superstitious Catholic mountain villagers in Brazil.

This is so specific I'm really not sure where it's come from

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690197)

LOL this is not the case, although I know you wish it were as it would give you a big sense of much needed validation I'm sure.

Smellyoldgit 01-14-2018 05:48 PM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690197)
Judge, you over-estimate your atheist parishioners. For YOU it may be about science. You're like the old-school atheist. For everyone else, especially in this forum, you get raw under-educated emotions.

Perhaps we're fed up with the unsupported bullshit that we've heard for decades?
Quote:

..... They don't give a shit about science; they can't understand it anyway. They FOLLOW.
Do tell us which bits of the scientific method none of us understand.
Quote:

:lol: Look up shit-stirring troll and report back. Jerk
Quote:

.... once communism failed, the big bang got usurped by the the theists,
I've never smoked, so you'll have to let me know what you've been drinking.
Quote:

and evolution never proved how a cell formed,
It never set out to - look up abiogenesis.
Quote:

... the new atheism is just about the desire to be rude, anti-social, and act intellectually superior to superstitious Catholic mountain villagers in Brazil.
Tut tut, go look up 'atheism' again - you'll find it behind your straw men.
Quote:

That reminds me - how did your ventures into a few Islam forums go? - we sent you the links! :bird:

Kinich Ahau 01-14-2018 08:21 PM

It's a bit much to expect high quality discussion given the three current theist here.

Firstly there is JJ who would most likely prefer us to forget that he came here pretending to be a catholic school girl called Mary, for the sole purpose to troll, insult and denigrate atheism. Lately he has been trying dismally for some maturity and higher moral ground even quoting fucking bible passages at us. When it comes to his personal life and claims he is about as believable as Donald Trump.

Then there is EgoBore who has brought the same predictable show to town two or three times. It's alway the same mixture of christianity and woo delivered with signature narcissism and arrogance and which inevitably ends in tears (his).

And finally Andy66 who has been coming here at regular intervals for years trying to jam his square peg into a round hole. He comes with naive homespun theories to justify his beliefs but totally ignores us when his ultra-frequent mistakes and fallacies are pointed out then inevitably claims victory once he has been backed into a corner. If anything I have most sympathy for Andy whose awful hillbilly-homeskooling leaves him totally inadequate in any sort of debating environment.

There you go, this is the awfully below average state of play by the visiting side.

Kinich Ahau 01-15-2018 12:11 AM

Where's Egor? You told me you could do a reading on who Smelly really is. I want my five bucks back you psychic charlatan. :lol:

hertz vanrental 01-15-2018 01:39 AM

Quote:

Kinich Ahau wrote (Post 690213)
It's a bit much to expect high quality discussion given the three current theist here.

Firstly there is JJ who would most likely prefer us to forget that he came here pretending to be a catholic school girl called Mary, for the sole purpose to troll, insult and denigrate atheism. Lately he has been trying dismally for some maturity and higher moral ground even quoting fucking bible passages at us. When it comes to his personal life and claims he is about as believable as Donald Trump.

Then there is EgoBore who has brought the same predictable show to town two or three times. It's alway the same mixture of christianity and woo delivered with signature narcissism and arrogance and which inevitably ends in tears (his).

And finally Andy66 who has been coming here at regular intervals for years trying to jam his square peg into a round hole. He comes with naive homespun theories to justify his beliefs but totally ignores us when his ultra-frequent mistakes and fallacies are pointed out then inevitably claims victory once he has been backed into a corner. If anything I have most sympathy for Andy whose awful hillbilly-homeskooling leaves him totally inadequate in any sort of debating environment.

There you go, this is the awfully below average state of play by the visiting side.

People like jerrypong and android aren't a problem. android is a fool that can be easily dismissed. He can be easily beaten in an argument and has little to say anyhoo. jerrypong is a typical fire and brimstone baptist with nothing new to say.

The worrying joker in the pack is ego centric. He acquires knowledge and then spins it in a way that makes it sound believable and interesting. To realise it's complete and utter shit requires one to be knowledgeable and critical and that's in short supply these days.

In his latest 'theory', he takes certain behaviours in paramecium, a mono-cellular entity found in pond water, and claims that it uses consciousness, even though it clearly has no brain. He therefore additionally claims that consciousness requires no brain.

Fact: The behaviours in paramecium that are referred to by ego are not clearly understood by science (yet).

ego attributes them to consciousness in a way which is believable if one lacked a reasonably high-level of knowledge, particularly in this area of science, or was particularly gullible.

I've seen some spectacular sunrises and sunsets in my time. They are caused by nothing more mundane than refraction and atmospheric dust. The most spectacular sometimes have the most mundane of causes.

ego centric, does the reverse in his observation of the mundane behaviour of paramecium and seeks out spectacular causes. In this case, he seeks to convince us that paramecium has consciousness and that consciousness requires no brain given that paramecium clearly has no brain, it being a mono-cellular entity.

Whether he has considered more mundane causes or even accepts this possibility, is unclear. However, I can see some people falling for his crap because it is interesting and he makes it sound plausible.

In addition, he offers no other alternative and more mundane explanations. He only offers the spectacular.

Kinich Ahau 01-15-2018 02:13 AM

Agreed Hertz. I've been following, Judge is already tearing him a new one.

hertz vanrental 01-15-2018 02:53 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690197)

I've been to your website and read your 'theories', such as they are.

My conclusion?

Piss-poor 'science' from a piss-poor 'scientist'.

Your 'theory' that paramecium has consciousness is extremely highly speculative to say the least. You provide no supporting evidence whatsoever except some observed behaviour which could, amongst other reasons, be caused by a chemical gradient which affects paramecium's cilium. Did you even consider this possibility? Did you investigate this possibility before dismissing it? Did you consider other more realistic causes before coming up with your consciousness 'theory'?

Yours is bad 'science' and you are a bad 'scientist'.

SEG 01-15-2018 05:53 AM

Quote:

hertz vanrental wrote (Post 690219)
I've been to your website and read your 'theories', such as they are.

My conclusion?

Piss-poor 'science' from a piss-poor 'scientist'.

Your 'theory' that paramecium has consciousness is extremely highly speculative to say the least. You provide no supporting evidence whatsoever except some observed behaviour which could, amongst other reasons, be caused by a chemical gradient which affects paramecium's cilium. Did you even consider this possibility? Did you investigate this possibility before dismissing it? Did you consider other more realistic causes before coming up with your consciousness 'theory'?

Yours is bad 'science' and you are a bad 'scientist'.

Appropriate use of quotation marks, Hertz. I saw him getting his arse kicked on his website by The Judge. He should stay away from this stuff and stick to being a registered nurse and taking care of people in hospital. WAIT! What am I saying?!!!

The Judge 01-15-2018 06:10 AM

Cheers guys :)

Lol, it is a constant source of amazement and intrigue to me just how many nurses and doctors claim some sort of religious affiliation. I suspect medical education may have become less scientific :\

hertz vanrental 01-15-2018 06:17 AM

Quote:

SEG wrote (Post 690223)
Appropriate use of quotation marks, Hertz. I saw him getting his arse kicked on his website by The Judge. He should stay away from this stuff and stick to being a registered nurse and taking care of people in hospital. WAIT! What am I saying?!!!

The Judge is far more polite than I am. He also gets down and dirty at the 'atomic' level as it were when commenting on egor's 'theories'.

Me, I'm sick and tired of christardology, christards and their bull shit. I've heard it a million times before. I stay at the high level, see their big picture and attack that. I really can't be bothered to spend the time going low-level.

Personally, I find it insulting that egor thinks that we'll swallow his bull but, there ya go.

Take care y'hear.

Egor 01-15-2018 06:18 AM

Quote:

The Judge wrote (Post 690208)
Of course, this is bullshit. For one Hitch would never have said such an absurd thing. He'd have lost a lot of credibility if he had.

How the hell do you know? No...I want to know. How do you know the operation of "Hitch's" mind? No, you could have taken it as the absurd hyperbole it was, but you didn't. Instead, you spout something less rational than the most religious person would ever spout. And you chide me for jumping to huge leaps. But you presume to know what a dead person would or would not have done if they had been alive.

Quote:

Whether it did or didn't the growth of unaffiliated / non-spiritual / atheists / "Nones" has grown certainly in the UK and in the US in recent years. Did this play a part? Possibly but there are arguably many other factors at play to effect such a shift in tides.
Spirituality has grown. Church affiliation has declined. People will never change. The amount of theists and atheists is probably the same as it was in the 1500's. But there is more communication and freedom of expression now.

Egor 01-15-2018 06:29 AM

Quote:

SEG wrote (Post 690223)

Quote:

The Judge wrote (Post 690224)
Cheers guys :)

Lol, it is a constant source of amazement and intrigue to me just how many nurses and doctors claim some sort of religious affiliation. I suspect medical education may have become less scientific :\

Or maybe it's observation. I think some people are less equipped to understand other people in an empathic way. There is something about understanding and empathy that creates a sense of oneness with whatever the object of that empathy and understanding is. That experience tends to cause one to sense the Divine and to sense a transcendence of consciousness.

Some people are less equipped to experience that for whatever reason. Apparently, God needs lower humans to work the material world.

Both the religious and the atheists are the same in many respects. The last big battle I had over at Christian Forums was with a Christian who has never once heard the voice of God except what he reads in the bible. He follows the Church; that's it. The atheist, if they are educated, follows academia; that's it. Both are the same creature.

I call it--and you'll like this--refractory atheism. It's in the religious and the atheist. And the only reason people like you are in groups like this is for the hope that someone like me will come along and spiritually defibrilate you. And I'll be honest: I don't know if I can.

But the least you could do is not disparage your colleagues and the majority of nurses in the world. It could be that they have "parts" that are simply missing in you. http://veridican.com/smilies/sadsad.gif

hertz vanrental 01-15-2018 07:18 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690226)
How the hell do you know? No...I want to know. How do you know the operation of "Hitch's" mind? No, you could have taken it as the absurd hyperbole it was, but you didn't. Instead, you spout something less rational than the most religious person would ever spout. And you chide me for jumping to huge leaps. But you presume to know what a dead person would or would not have done if they had been alive.

Spirituality has grown. Church affiliation has declined. People will never change. The amount of theists and atheists is probably the same as it was in the 1500's. But there is more communication and freedom of expression now.

I strongly suggest that you look up the terms 'science' and go do some and 'insane behaviour' and stop.

Now, do run along little boy. Perhaps you'd like to play with your younds and your chemistry set.

The Judge 01-15-2018 08:08 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690226)

Because I've read him; numerous books in fact. Nothing in them suggests he ever or was ever likely to have made such a comment.
If you had read him you would say the same thing.

Judging from this and our discussion going on over at your forum, I don't think you understand what a leap is to be honest Egor.

When everything about a subject suggests one thing and you conclude something completely different; this is a leap.

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690226)
Spirituality has grown. Church affiliation has declined. People will never change.

Re-worded this effectively reads: "People change. People will never change. I don't know what I'm talking about."

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690226)
The amount of theists and atheists is probably the same as it was in the 1500's. But there is more communication and freedom of expression now.

Bold assertion made with no references to back it up and an arbitrary date thrown in for good measure (maybe because that way it's safely un-knowable. I mean it'd be impossible to get those numbers right because whoever didn't want to get burned at the stake by christers back in the 16th century bloody well toed the party line).

Egor, come on now, you're slipping now :rolleyes:

The Judge 01-15-2018 08:25 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690227)
Or maybe it's observation. I think some people are less equipped to understand other people in an empathic way. There is something about understanding and empathy that creates a sense of oneness with whatever the object of that empathy and understanding is. That experience tends to cause one to sense the Divine and to sense a transcendence of consciousness.

Some people are less equipped to experience that for whatever reason. Apparently, God needs lower humans to work the material world.

Both the religious and the atheists are the same in many respects. The last big battle I had over at Christian Forums was with a Christian who has never once heard the voice of God except what he reads in the bible. He follows the Church; that's it. The atheist, if they are educated, follows academia; that's it. Both are the same creature.

I call it--and you'll like this--refractory atheism. It's in the religious and the atheist. And the only reason people like you are in groups like this is for the hope that someone like me will come along and spiritually defibrilate you. And I'll be honest: I don't know if I can.

But the least you could do is not disparage your colleagues and the majority of nurses in the world. It could be that they have "parts" that are simply missing in you. http://veridican.com/smilies/sadsad.gif

I feel a well deserved fuck you is order here and not only for the sickeningly magnanimous and self-aggrandizing tone you affect but also because I happen to empathize very well with my patients and their families as it goes. I am not missing anything in that regard. And yes I am basing this on evidence and not just colleagues and mentors who have said as much to me face-to-face at work but also in regular routine anonymised multi-source feedback that we are obliged to send out periodically as part of our on-going training.

I submit that I merely have the ability to not only empathise but also be a critical scientist and much else besides depending on what is being required of me.

My amazement at these people who have had some science training amongst other things comes from the obstinate clinging to out-dated, out-moded and out-classed religiosity when science in many ways should challenge this. I think that most of them are just adept at compartmentalizing and never the twain shall meet when it comes to religion and science which is a shame.

Egor 01-15-2018 08:30 AM

Quote:

The Judge wrote (Post 690229)
Judging from this and our discussion going on over at your forum, I don't think you understand what a leap is to be honest Egor.

When everything about a subject suggests one thing and you conclude something completely different; this is a leap.

You quote one unproven hypothesis to counter my argument, and you call that "everything about a subject suggests one thing"? That's ridiculous. Actually, I'm starting to think you're a liar about the whole MD thing. When I think back, you didn't write anything particularly scientific--you just cut and pasted something you found on the web. I'm the one who digested it and commented on it.

I think I've been a bit duped here. I suspect it anyway. :\

Tell me, what might you give someone with a dx of CAD and a current AMI esp. r/t HTN? The first medication upon arrival?

Quote:

Bold assertion made with no references to back it up and an arbitrary date thrown in for good measure (maybe because that way it's safely un-knowable. I mean it'd be impossible to get those numbers right because whoever didn't want to get burned at the stake by christers back in the 16th century bloody well toed the party line).

Egor, come on now, you're slipping now :rolleyes:
I'm not slipping. I want to know who I'm talking to. :hand:

Davin 01-15-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690231)

Egor is prone to committing all kinds of ad hominen fallacies, looks like it can't even have discussion without committing one which is why it wants to know who it's talking to.

The Judge 01-15-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690231)
You quote one unproven hypothesis to counter my argument, and you call that "everything about a subject suggests one thing"? That's ridiculous. Actually, I'm starting to think you're a liar about the whole MD thing. When I think back, you didn't write anything particularly scientific--you just cut and pasted something you found on the web. I'm the one who digested it and commented on it.

Tell me, what might you give someone with a dx of CAD and a current AMI esp. r/t HTN? The first medication upon arrival?

First off I discussed numerous aspects of the scientific method at length. It is not my fault that you did not read them and only glanced over the excerpt I quoted (as I mentioned in that thread on your forum, you clearly didn't actually read it anyway).

Furthermore, your pathetic little game is lacking in certain key bits of information but don't worry I'll play it, only I'll fill in the gaps for you (like I've done elsewhere).

Before we start a little "FYI" The use of acronyms in medicine is troublesome and largely discouraged. For instance the difference between an ERPC (Evacuation of Retained Products of Conception) and ERCP Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-Panreatography) is huge and MRCP (Membership of the Royal College of Physicians) and an MRCP (Magnetic Resonance Cholangio-Pancreatography) is also huge. Context is everything...but you know this I'm sure.

Tha being said, let's go...

Assuming the following abbreviations are what you mean:
CAD = Coronary Artery Disease
AMI = Acute Myocardial Infarction
HTN - Hypertension
I'll be honest I'm not sure what you mean by "esp. r/t HTN" - Are you trying to say that they also have a background of pulmonary hypertension?

Anyway, my initial approach would be a standard ABCDE approach:
Airway: Assuming there is no airway compromise I would most likely give oxygen if required for...
Breathing: Aiming for SpO2 of 94-98% unless they had COPD in which case I'd aim for SpO2 of 88-92%. Any difficulty in breathing/hypoxia I would get a chest x-ray to assess for pulmonary oedema / intercurrent infection/pneumothorax and an ABG to assess gas exchange, acid/base status, electrolytes, Hb, glucose, and lactate. Whilst there I'd also take blood to send for U&Es to test for routine kidney function, and a random/un-timed troponin to assess for degree of myocyte breakdown, an FBC to get a lab defined Hb and overall white cell and platelet counts. If routinely anti-coagulated for any reason I'd take a clotting screen and ensure this had an INR unless they were on a NOAC (novel anti-coagulant) in which case the APTT / PT would be more useful.
Then on to...
Circulation: I'd assess their cardiovascular system (pulse, jugular venous pulsation height at a 45 degree angle, heart rate, blood pressure and an ECG...EKG for you yanks). The latter would most likely show new S-T elevation in two contiguous leads of >0.1 mV also likely (but not necessarily, depending on acuity) with reciprocal S-T depression.
Unless they were in cardiogenic shock / florid pulmonary oedema / in extremis then I'd immediately follow the ACS (Acute Coronary Syndrome) protocol:
300mg aspirin (often given by paramedics prehospital so I'd check if this is the case, if not then I'd give it)...Plus 300mg clopidogrel (some places I've worked use ticagrelor 180mg instead of clopidogrel)
Then ensure the patient was anti-coagulated with an appropriate dose of heparin (we use enoxaparin with an initial dose of 30mg) unless their kidney function was so poor (creatinine clearance as calculated by the Cockroft-Gault equation of 15-30ml/min in which case I'd use an unfractionated heparin).
Disability / Pain relief: Quick assessment of conscious level using the Glasgow Coma Score (GCS score out of 15, range 3-15). For symptomatic relief and if their systolic BP was >90mmHg (and they weren't on something like a phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor for their ?pulmonary hypertension), I would give them sub-lingual glyceryl trinitrate and iv morphine titrated to effect (again renal function permitting for morphine).
Exposure: Checking legs for oedema and a rudimentary examination of abdomen skin as this is likely not the most pressing problem but good for completeness.
...DEFG: Don't Ever Forget glucose!: I would want to know this too but would most likely have already obtained this from the blood gas sample (arterial if airway/breathing compromise but I'd settle for venous if A and B were OK).

This patient needs definitive treatment in the form of percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) so I'd refer to an appropriate specialist for this and would hand this patient over using an "SBAR" format:

Situation: Acute myocardial infarction in a male/female (age) year old.
Background: Coronary artery disease (+/-any stents / angios) and hypertension (?r/t HTN / pulmonary hypertension) (and any other relevant cardiac history such as previous MIs / stents, exercise tolerance, last echo if appropriate, family cardiac history, smoking history, and any current meds.
Assessment: I'd comment on their cardiovascular stability and the ECG and any chest x-ray findings as well as the random troponin result if known.
Reccommendation: Treatment given so far and any responses to that and that the patient requires PCI for acute MI and (PDE5 inhibitor notwithstanding, otherwise omit or reduce the dose of any beta-blocker considered) would need standard post-MI treatment thereafter with cardiology follow up.

Any other medical questions you'd like some help with, Egor?

Smellyoldgit 01-15-2018 10:54 AM

Whilst trawling the interwebs this fine morn, I came across Karl Pribram's Rethinking Neural Networks.
Page 320 talks about Single Cell Intelligence, Adaptive behavior in paramecium. Whilst not in any way in my area of expertise, the explanation seems far more acceptable that any of Ego-Bores drool.
Have at it Herr Judge.

Egor 01-15-2018 10:56 AM

You're full of shit. That's all cut and paste. Because, if it's not, the alternative is downright bizarre. That is that a real MD would have the time or the inclination to type that in a ridiculous atheist forum in response to a question from a nurse that only required: nitroglycerin sublingual 0.4 mg.

You are no MD. You're a pretender. And I say that, because I cannot--I just can't--imagine the alternative. It would be too sad.

Me? I'm waiting on a job, so I currently have time to sit here and do this BS. No MD would. Nor would they lower themselves to it.

So, you're full of shit. http://veridican.com/smilies/yes.gif

Egor 01-15-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Smellyoldgit wrote (Post 690236)
Whilst trawling the interwebs this fine morn, I came across Karl Pribram's Rethinking Neural Networks.
Page 320 talks about Single Cell Intelligence, Adaptive behavior in paramecium. Whilst not in any way in my area of expertise, the explanation seems far more acceptable that any of Ego-Bores drool.
Have at it Herr Judge.

Already reviewed it. http://veridican.com/smilies/yawn.gif

It's all conjecture. And even at that, it's all conjecture on unproven structures within the cell that even if they do exist and function as speculated, does not explain how the cell behaves like a conscious animal in the wild. No more so, in fact than neuron anatomy or CNS structure explains consciousness in human beings.

Repeat after me: True-sounding pseudo-scientific speculative gibberish. http://veridican.com/smilies/bored.gif

Smellyoldgit 01-15-2018 11:07 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690238)
It's all conjecture.

Against your spectacular, peer-reviewed theory. :lol:

I thought you were leaving the building?

hertz vanrental 01-15-2018 11:13 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690231)

Egor

Just a few questions if I might:

1. You claim that I have been a member of this forum for years. This is in spite of me proving otherwise and you having the ability to verify my claim. Are you still of this opinion? If so, what is your proof? If not, do you think an apology is in order?

2. You claim that there is consciousness without a brain and use the behaviour of paramecium, which has no brain, as proof. If a person's brain dies, does that person retain consciousness? If not, why is this? If so, how is this?

3. Where, in your opinion, does this consciousness in an entity reside?

4. What is the nature of consciousness?

5. Does consciousness refer to 'information' current and/or past?

6. If 'information' is referred to, how is the information stored and accessed or is information just transient?

7. If 'information' is referred to, what type of information is it?

8. Have you ever thought that ESP may be involved? My apologies for using a TLA here.

9. Is consciousness absolute and fixed or are there degrees of consciousness? For example, does a human have a higher level of consciousness than say Hydra, for example?

10. If so, what determines the level of consciousness in any given entity?

11. Does the level of consciousness vary between individual members of a species?

12. What is the purpose of consciousness?

13. Is consciousness a single 'entity' or does it consist of components?

14. If so what are the components and what are the natures of those components?

I think that this will do for the moment. I look forward to reading the answers.

The Judge 01-15-2018 11:23 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690237)
You're full of shit. That's all cut and paste. Because, if it's not, the alternative is downright bizarre. That is that a real MD would have the time or the inclination to type that in a ridiculous atheist forum in response to a question from a nurse that only required: nitroglycerin sublingual 0.4 mg.

I happen to be pre-nights, cunt and am due to be on ITU for the next 4 nights. Yes, that's right I am at least currently working in a clinical setting which is more than can be said for you.

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690237)
You are no MD. You're a pretender. And I say that, because I cannot--I just can't--imagine the alternative. It would be too sad.

Why am I not surprised that you are incapable of imagining anything, especially if it exists in the real world. You said yourself that you have a simplified way of thinking )or was it just a simple mind) and fucking hell is that true.

Challenge: If you claim that I did a cut and paste job fucking prove it right now and show everyone where you think I cut and pasted this from...Go on...Otherwise, it is YOU who is full of shit. Prove it now or take it the fuck back.

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690237)
Me? I'm waiting on a job, so I currently have time to sit here and do this BS. No MD would. Nor would they lower themselves to it.

Unemployed? I wonder why? If you truly believed that then you wouldn't have set up an what you thought was an unwinable task. What a pathetic manoeuver.
LOL this is EXACTLY your MO; "I want something to be true so it is. I'm going to try and make a test of something...but I will either ignore the result or find some other excuse to fucking whine like a little bitch."

And if the example you set up DID include a background of pulmonary hypertension (suggesting they were on a PDE5 inhibitor) then I'm fucking glad you are not working right now because giving them a fucking nitrate without even checking their blood pressure too could fucking crash their circulation you absolute dumbfuck.

You are no bloody nurse, or if you are, then you are most likely one who is currently out of work for a very good fucking reason; you are clinically dangerous.

Nitrates help a with reducing pre-load, sure but if but in the management of acute MI they are essentially just symptomatic treatment for chest pain. MI patients need anti-platelets and anti-coagulation before PCI period. This is received wisdom and currently clinical practice. I am unsurprised that you did not know this.

hertz vanrental 01-15-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

The Judge wrote (Post 690241)
I happen to be pre-nights, cunt and am due to be on ITU for the next 4 nights.

Why am I not surprised that you are incapable of imagining anything, especially if it exists in the real world. You said yourself that you have a simplified way of thinking )or was it just a simple mind) and fucking hell is that true.

Challenge: If you claim that I did a cut and paste job fucking prove it right now and show everyone where you think I cut and pasted this from...Go on...Otherwise, it is YOU who is full of shit. Prove it now or take it the fuck back.

Unemployed? I wonder why? If you truly believed that then you wouldn't have set up an what you thought was an unwinable task. What a pathetic manoeuver.
LOL this is EXACTLY your MO; "I want something to be true so it is. I'm going to try and make a test of something...but I will either ignore the result or find some other excuse to fucking whine like a little bitch."

And if the example you set up DID include a background of pulmonary hypertension (suggesting they were on a PDE5 inhibitor) then I'm fucking glad you are not working right now because giving them a fucking nitrate without even checking their blood pressure too could fucking crash their circulation you absolute dumbfuck.

You are no bloody nurse, or if you are, then you are most likely one who is currently out of work for a very good fucking reason; you are clinically dangerous.

Nitrates help a with reducing pre-load, sure but if but in the management of acute MI they are essentially just symptomatic treatment for chest pain. MI patients need anti-platelets and anti-coagulation before PCI period. This is received wisdom and currently clinical practice in the UK and the US. I am unsurprised that you did not know this.

Judge

You are, sure as hell, swearing a fuckin' whole lot more when you respond to egor's posts now.

I just cut to the chase with the cunt and swore right from the get go. It saved a whole lot of fuckin' shit, y'know. There again, I'm just an antisocial twat.

It's been interesting watching how he kind of stirs a primeval emotion in people.

He kind of tries to drag people down to his level - a bit like the way a croc does - and then beats them on experience.

Personally, I think that he's bat crap crazy and treat him accordingly. I try and stay above his level. That way, he's at a disadvantage. If he gets you to talk at his level, he's gonna frustrate the hell outa ya.

Just some observations on the bat crap crazy one.

Then again, what the fuck do I know.

Egor 01-15-2018 11:56 AM

Quote:

hertz vanrental wrote (Post 690240)
Egor

Just a few questions if I might:

1. You claim that I have been a member of this forum for years. This is in spite of me proving otherwise and you having the ability to verify my claim. Are you still of this opinion? If so, what is your proof? If not, do you think an apology is in order?

2. You claim that there is consciousness without a brain and use the behaviour of paramecium, which has no brain, as proof. If a person's brain dies, does that person retain consciousness? If not, why is this? If so, how is this?

3. Where, in your opinion, does this consciousness in an entity reside?

4. What is the nature of consciousness?

5. Does consciousness refer to 'information' current and/or past?

6. If 'information' is referred to, how is the information stored and accessed or is information just transient?

7. If 'information' is referred to, what type of information is it?

8. Have you ever thought that ESP may be involved? My apologies for using a TLA here.

9. Is consciousness absolute and fixed or are there degrees of consciousness? For example, does a human have a higher level of consciousness than say Hydra, for example?

10. If so, what determines the level of consciousness in any given entity?

11. Does the level of consciousness vary between individual members of a species?

12. What is the purpose of consciousness?

13. Is consciousness a single 'entity' or does it consist of components?

14. If so what are the components and what are the natures of those components?

I think that this will do for the moment. I look forward to reading the answers.

http://veridican.com/smilies/wtf.gif Seriously, do you think I'm going to write you a book. Idiot.

hertz vanrental 01-15-2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690243)
http://veridican.com/smilies/wtf.gif Seriously, do you think I'm going to write you a book. Idiot.

So you know fuck all about fuck all.

Thought so you insane fuckwit.

Thought you'd left the building or are you on your anal plane?

The Judge 01-15-2018 12:12 PM

Quote:

hertz vanrental wrote (Post 690242)
Judge

You are, sure as hell, swearing a fuckin' whole lot more when you respond to egor's posts now.

I just cut to the chase with the cunt and swore right from the get go. It saved a whole lot of fuckin' shit, y'know. There again, I'm just an antisocial twat.

It's been interesting watching how he kind of stirs a primeval emotion in people.

He kind of tries to drag people down to his level - a bit like the way a croc does - and then beats them on experience.

Personally, I think that he's bat crap crazy and treat him accordingly. I try and stay above his level. That way, he's at a disadvantage. If he gets you to talk at his level, he's gonna frustrate the hell outa ya.

Just some observations on the bat crap crazy one.

Then again, what the fuck do I know.

Fair point Hertz, cheers.
Just never had anyone question what I do for a living before. I worked fucking hard to become a doctor and I care a lot about what I do as well as schooling fuckwits.

After this slight, I'm now done with Egor. He can go fuck himself. He never wanted to listen to the truth anyway.

Egor 01-15-2018 12:17 PM

Quote:

I can't prove it. I already stipulated that it might be true, you idiot. But either way, I've lost a great deal of respect for you. Seriously. Either way. I am used to MDs being sober, busy people, who I can't imagine would be involved in this kind of shit. And the way you come apart below is just laughable.

Quote:

Quote:

You're not an MD. I know it. I know you can fool the people in here. I know online you can fool non-medical people, maybe even some medical people, but you don't fool me. You're schtick is all taken from ACLS info widely available online and tailored as personal talk. But no one talks that way. And MDs don't lose control like you are doing. They don't. They would not even engage someone like me in a conversation like this. Trust me; I know.

I mean, unless you're just fucking insane. Which I guess, technically, is a possibility.

Quote:

See. Hahah. You give yourself away again. If you were an MD you would be certain I was a nurse because of all my "woowoo" beliefs. Nurses are, how shall I put it, more free to express their spirituality. Not to mention...dock-with-a-k...but you're acting like I can give meds without an MD order. All MDs know better than that. But you don't know that. http://veridican.com/smilies/Disappointed_anim.gif

You know what you sound like to me? Hertz. Actually, I think Hertz sounds like you.

Quote:

Nitrates help a with reducing pre-load, ...
Oh, shut the fuck up, really. http://veridican.com/smilies/facepalm1.gif

The Judge 01-15-2018 12:20 PM

Egor is now on my ignore list...muuuuuuuch better :)

Egor 01-15-2018 12:31 PM

Hertz, Judge, even Smelly. You're probably all Chris, anyway, and Chris probably isn't a female from the Northwest.

Hertz and Judge. Do you realize, and I know this because I'm a writer (5 books), and a poet (wannabe) that your writing voice is exactly alike?

No, let me explain: In fiction, a problem authors have (Stephen King especially!) is that they are one person writing multiple characters, and it's very hard to make unique voices without sounding stupid. So, in literature, a lot of times, the characters sound similar. Like Hertz and Judge. Not to mention, you sound psychologically the same, which is a kind of narcissistic-pretension way of expressing yourself.

This is sad. Damn.

I guess the wild west days of forums really are over. Thinking Atheist has just become for atheists, not debate or creative dissing. Same with the other groups. Christians just hang out with Christians. The years have passed, Edward. You got to move on to something new.

Damn. http://veridican.com/smilies/unfair.gif

Smellyoldgit 01-15-2018 12:34 PM

Quote:

The Judge wrote
Egor is now on my ignore list...muuuuuuuch better

You're lucky!
I have to quickly scan everything the fool writes - must be a punishment from a past life.
The time has probably come to stuff him in his own 'Troll Dump" thread where he can whine & bitch to his rectum's content.

Egor 01-15-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Smellyoldgit wrote (Post 690251)
You're lucky!
I have to quickly scan everything the fool writes - must be a punishment from a past life.
The time has probably come to stuff him in his own 'Troll Dump" thread where he can whine & bitch to his rectum's content.

I wouldn't worry about that, Chris (SOG, whatever, who cares?)

I don't think I'm coming back. Shit.

The years have passed, the world turned, things change. Forums are dead and no one's opinion matters.

I even tried watching the masterdebaters on YouTube (D'sousa, Hitchens, various Christians, various atheists). It's all the same farting. I can't believe people bother to even host those debates. It's a circus freak-show. Nothing is ever discovered or won.

But I think smart minds like to exercise. Walk our wits. But I'm just here because I'm bored. God never called me to this, or if he did it was for years ago, not now.

Being in this group is sad, and it says something about me.

So, you don't have to do anything. I highly doubt I will even check back.

hertz vanrental 01-15-2018 12:50 PM

Quote:

The Judge wrote (Post 690245)
Fair point Hertz, cheers.
Just never had anyone question what I do for a living before. I worked fucking hard to become a doctor and I care a lot about what I do as well as schooling fuckwits.

After this slight, I'm now done with Egor. He can go fuck himself. He never wanted to listen to the truth anyway.

It's easy to criticise a doctor, isn't it?

But where do we all go when we're ill?

Take no notice of the unstable twat. He's insane. He's unpredictable.

I handed him a win and offered to walk away. Look what he did. Tien.

hertz vanrental 01-15-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690252)
I even tried watching the masterdebaters on YouTube (D'sousa, Hitchens, various Christians, various atheists).

No you watch masterbators on YouTube, you weird fuck.

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690252)
I think smart minds like to exercise.

So you're a couch potato then.

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690252)
But I'm just here because I'm bored.

No. You're here because no one wants to employ an insane, arrogant twat like you and because all the other forums have banned you. I must ask Moms why The thinking Atheists banned you.

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690252)
God never called me to this

No, god called you a cunt, the same as I do.

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690252)
Being in this group is sad, and it says something about me.

It tells me that secretly, you want to be an atheist.

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690252)

You said that before: "egore has left the building". Remember?

hertz vanrental 01-15-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690250)
Hertz, Judge, even Smelly. You're probably all Chris, anyway, and Chris probably isn't a female from the Northwest.

Damn. http://veridican.com/smilies/unfair.gif

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

He's completely insane. Slamming our posts through a simple word analyser will tell him that he's off with the fairies.

Our writing styles are completely different ffs.

We're all different people, aren't I?

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

The guy is insane.

Andrew66 01-15-2018 01:15 PM

The last round with Egor vs. the Judge was priceless.

I laughed and laughed and laughed.

Egor, I think Judge probably is a Doctor - he is very very very arrogant - this is consistent with most Doctor's I know.

Judge, Egor is "out there" a bit - blending spiritual belief with science in a way that probably would not cut it for peer review in a medical journal. Your patience in dealing with Egor's alternate views and the way you honestly tried to engage him was exemplary.

But please keep your report going, it is informative, and oh so very entertaining!

Andrew66 01-15-2018 01:26 PM

Quote:

Nitrates help a with reducing pre-load, sure but if but in the management of acute MI they are essentially just symptomatic treatment for chest pain.

I've seen a ST segment (during MI) completely resolve within a moment of the patient receiving a shot of nitro. This was more than just treating the symptom. Perhaps you are confusing morphine with NTG? - your statement is true for morphine.

Quote:

MI patients need anti-platelets and anti-coagulation before PCI period. This is received wisdom and currently clinical practice. I am unsurprised that you did not know this.

MI patients need anti-platelets, but not necessarily anti-coagulation - there is a subtle difference here.

Judge, maybe stick to psychiatry?

hertz vanrental 01-15-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Andrew66 wrote (Post 690259)
The last round with Egor vs. the Judge was priceless.

Egor is "out there" a bit - blending spiritual belief with science

egor knows fuck all about science - justy like you, in fact, android - you weird fuck.

Smellyoldgit 01-15-2018 01:33 PM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690252)

Who-fucking-ray!!
I called it first, Do I win a prize? :cool:

hertz vanrental 01-15-2018 01:33 PM

Quote:

Andrew66 wrote (Post 690261)
I've seen a ST segment (during MI) completely resolve within a moment of the patient receiving a shot of nitro. This was more than just treating the symptom. Perhaps you are confusing morphine with NTG? - your statement is true for morphine.

MI patients need anti-platelets, but not necessarily anti-coagulation - there is a subtle difference here.

Judge, maybe stick to psychiatry?

Mmmm.

Popcorn, sippin' whiskey and a big smoke. Lots of all of em' methinks.

Android, put you head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye. This is gonna hurt, I'm afraid.

Andrew66 01-15-2018 05:37 PM

Quote:

hertz vanrental wrote (Post 690244)
So you know fuck all about fuck all.

Thought so you insane fuckwit.

Thought you'd left the building or are you on your anal plane?

Egor is twice as smart, twice as insightful, ten times more creative and imaginative, and twice the man then you will ever be Hurtz. No wonder your afraid to debate him - you know his superior intellect would crush you.

Hurtz afraid of Egor - Ha Ha :lol::lol::lol:

Andrew66 01-15-2018 05:39 PM

Quote:

hertz vanrental wrote (Post 690264)
Mmmm.

Popcorn, sippin' whiskey and a big smoke. Lots of all of em' methinks.

Android, put you head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye. This is gonna hurt, I'm afraid.

What the fuck is wrong with you ??, pathetic looser is too kind a word to describe you!. What is so interesting or fascinating about my quick view on Judge trying to play Cardiology? U find it entertaining??? SAD :bop:

Smellyoldgit 01-15-2018 05:39 PM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 690252)
I don't think I'm coming back. Shit.

Well, good old Egor executes a near perfect regulation flounce as he once again gets his sorry ass reamed beyond repair, but there's no chance of him not being back - his vanity and arrogance can't resist us.

His whole sorry life seems to be devoid of reality and stuffed with woo & paranormal related nonsense - his version of god & jesus, psychic bullshit, tarot cards and philosophical mental masturbation culminating in firmly believing that single cell organisms somehow receive telepathic consciousness via some cosmic Borg. When it's pointed out that this may be an extreme case of trying to hammer the square peg of his beliefs into the round butthole of reality, the ad hominems fly, the snarks prickle and the flounce commences. He claims to be smart, just as the drunk pissing himself in the subway claims to be sober as the crowds point and laugh.

It's abundantly clear the poor man has some serious personal problems and he should be quite worried if he can't work out why every social activity he ventures into is a failure. I could offer a wild assed guess that it may be because he appears to have the personality, charisma and social skills of a whelk, but the truth might hurt. He craves attention and validation, doesn't get it, so falls back on spamming & poaching to boost his own site traffic - but falls apart when confronted with reality and the well deserved mockery his nonsense deserves.

Fear not, the clown will be back, but later rather than sooner! (I hope).

Andrew66 01-15-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Smellyoldgit wrote (Post 690272)
Well, good old Egor executes a near perfect regulation flounce as he once again gets his sorry ass reamed beyond repair, but there's no chance of him not being back - his vanity and arrogance can't resist us.

His whole sorry life seems to be devoid of reality and stuffed with woo & paranormal related nonsense - his version of god & jesus, psychic bullshit, tarot cards and philosophical mental masturbation culminating in firmly believing that single cell organisms somehow receive telepathic consciousness via some cosmic Borg. When it's pointed out that this may be an extreme case of trying to hammer the square peg of his beliefs into the round butthole of reality, the ad hominems fly, the snarks prickle and the flounce commences. He claims to be smart, just as the drunk pissing himself in the subway claims to be sober as the crowds point and laugh.

It's abundantly clear the poor man has some serious personal problems and he should be quite worried if he can't work out why every social activity he ventures into is a failure. I could offer a wild assed guess that it may be because he appears to have the personality, charisma and social skills of a whelk, but the truth might hurt. He craves attention and validation, doesn't get it, so falls back on spamming & poaching to boost his own site traffic - but falls apart when confronted with reality and the well deserved mockery his nonsense deserves.

Fear not, the clown will be back, but later rather than sooner! (I hope).

Not that I'm agreeing with what your saying - I like and support Egor - he is very creative - and there is alot more to the world in terms of the paranormal that Athiests are not even open to even looking at. :(

However Smelly - your a pretty good writer, I suppose your sober at the moment? :thumbsup:

Smellyoldgit 01-15-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Andrew66 wrote (Post 690273)
Not that I'm agreeing with what your saying - I like and support Egor - he is very creative - and there is alot more to the world in terms of the paranormal that Athiests are not even open to even looking at. :(

Really?! Please share your wisdom! I'm not sure if Randi's offer is still open - we could earn a fortune.
PS - Egor is full and I mean FULL of shit!

Quote:

However Smelly - your a pretty good writer, I suppose your sober at the moment? :thumbsup:
Note:
It's 'a lot' not 'alot'
atheists is not capitalised
as a contraction, it's 'you're' not 'your'

Despite what you may have read, I'm an active (aging) sportsman and only drink in moderation - sorry to spoil the party!

Andrew66 01-15-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Smellyoldgit wrote (Post 690274)
Really?! Please share your wisdom! I'm not sure if Randi's offer is still open - we could earn a fortune.
PS - Egor is full and I mean FULL of shit!

Note:
It's 'a lot' not 'alot'
atheists is not capitalised
as a contraction, it's 'you're' not 'your'

Despite what you may have read, I'm an active (aging) sportsman and only drink in moderation - sorry to spoil the party!

C'mon man. Hurtz is supposed to correct me, only Hyrtz!!

Kinich Ahau 01-15-2018 09:24 PM

Quote:

Smellyoldgit wrote (Post 690274)

Wayne Rooney? Alistair Cook?

Fuck, I missed heaps of action while we slept on this side of the world.

The end result was predictable and predicted though.