Raving Atheists Forum

Raving Atheists Forum (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Hi there. I Believe in God. (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16743)

ghoulslime 12-15-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Kinich Ahau wrote (Post 651749)
Here's a quote from EGOR from another forum.

I think my objective is to write books and articles countering atheism. I’ve written books in the past, a self-help book and a novel. Neither was successful, but they were good training for this objective.

Wow! Not successful? You could have knocked me over with a feather.

It actually makes me sad to read this. I would disagree that his novel was unsuccessful. Writing a Gothic novel should be a proud accomplishment. Just because he didn't sell millions of copies and win world-wide acclaim does not make this a failure. Writing a novel should be an act of pure creativity. Not everybody can do that. He should be proud of his achievement.

Turning his energy towards battling atheism, which basically amounts to slaying windmills, is truly a misdirection of energy. Writing Gothic novels is way cool. On the other hand, writing delusional missives against science and reason is a sickness.

Kate 12-15-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Kinich Ahau wrote (Post 651772)
Hey Irr, are you missing anyone from this forum lately?

Quote:

Irreligious wrote (Post 651773)
No.

:doh:

I thought that brat on the milk carton looked familiar!
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/phot...40-500-341.jpg

Philboid Studge 12-15-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

ghoulslime wrote (Post 651808)
Does anybody want to bother explaining to this dolt why argumentum ad populum is a fallacious argument? :\

Cuz everybody thinks so ?

ghoulslime 12-15-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Philboid Studge wrote (Post 651824)
Cuz everybody thinks so ?

Oh! I didn't realize that more people believe that it is logical than believe that it is illogical. Ha ha! :lol:

Egor 12-15-2011 10:52 PM

Well, when all that's left is Ghoulslime's comments, I would say this string has probably run it's course. But I would like to say, if I'm so pathetic Ghoul, why do you post and post and post, trying to get my attention, my response?

That's a rhetorical question. I'm out of this string.

I came.
I saw.
I kicked ass.
I'm in the ass kicking business, and business is good!

ILOVEJESUS 12-16-2011 03:22 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 651826)
Well, when all that's left is Ghoulslime's comments, I would say this string has probably run it's course. But I would like to say, if I'm so pathetic Ghoul, why do you post and post and post, trying to get my attention, my response?

I came.
I saw.
I kicked ass.

Lol you are so powerful, dictating to us all when things end and how successfucked you have been. You are so masterful in both debate and stature. I really wish I did your laundry so I could get all your clothes, dress up in them, and walk around touching myself in front of a mirror pretending to be you.

Philboid Studge 12-16-2011 06:03 AM

http://i39.tinypic.com/t6z5tz.jpg

ghoulslime 12-16-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 651826)

I came.
I saw.
I kicked ass.

How sweet! The narcissist troll thought that all of my posts were for his edification! :lol:

Lets just sum up some of the troll's marvelous ass kicking in this thread:

1. He admitted that his holy book is rife with errors and contradictions.
2. He demonstrated that his life view is based on dogmatic belief.
3. He demonstrated his failure to master basic logic.
4. He demonstrated his fear to answer direct questions about his religion.
5. He demonstrated that he is a dishonest and intellectually dishonest person.

Wow! Awesome job, man! :rolleyes:

Egor, your silly monkey tricks have ceased to be amusing.

http://www.poetryring.com/ra/1152533_o.gif

Run away now, coward! :lol:

ghoulslime 12-16-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

ILOVEJESUS wrote (Post 651830)
Lol you are so powerful, dictating to us all when things end and how successfucked you have been. You are so masterful in both debate and stature. I really wish I did your laundry so I could get all your clothes, dress up in them, and walk around touching myself in front of a mirror pretending to be you.

Oh! I'm touching myself thinking about you all dressed up in Egor's clothes. We could take turns sniffing the manly musk of his underpants! He's such a big brave man! What a mighty warrior Egor is! :lol:

http://www.poetryring.com/ra/tighty-...choke-hold.jpg

Davin 12-16-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

ghoulslime wrote (Post 651871)
How sweet! The narcissist troll thought that all of my posts were for his edification! :lol:

Lets just sum up some of the troll's marvelous ass kicking in this thread:

1. He admitted that his holy book is rife with errors and contradictions.
2. He demonstrated that his life view is based on dogmatic belief.
3. He demonstrated his failure to master basic logic.
4. He demonstrated his fear to answer direct questions about his religion.
5. He demonstrated that he is a dishonest and intellectually dishonest person.

Don't forget the taekwondo!

nkb 12-16-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 651826)
I came.
I saw.
I kicked ass.

:lol: Stop it, you're killing me!

ILOVEJESUS 12-16-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

ghoulslime wrote (Post 651873)
Oh! I'm touching myself thinking about you all dressed up in Egor's clothes. We could take turns sniffing the manly musk of his underpants! He's such a big brave man! What a mighty warrior Egor is! :lol:

http://www.poetryring.com/ra/tighty-...choke-hold.jpg

Lol I what a Christmas that would be, we could take turns wearing his thongs. I am in the business of sniffing knickers......and business is good!

doG 12-18-2011 05:33 PM

Egor,

How can you join an atheist forum in hopes of enlightening yourself for your writing when you already have all these preconceptions of what an atheist is?

misanthrope 12-25-2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 651266)
I draw the most attention, I'm fun to debate, and you know that's true, so it's only the members of this forum who miss out, all because he makes it impossible for me to post.

Why do I feel like I'm reading a quote from that narcissist, The Donald, when I read you? Could it be that you're so incredibly full of yourself?

You draw attention because you're an intractable xtian zealot in an atheist forum, casting aspersions, or as you like to call them, stones.

You stand out because you're no different than the hairy mole on the end of a nose that, while you wished you could take your eyes off of it, you're inexplicably drawn to stare at it, and despite the fact that you're becoming agitated by and ill at the very sight of it.

So sorry to burst that hugely overblown ego of yours... :bop:

Quote:

If he agrees not to do that anymore, I will come back and debate. Otherwise, why should I?
You call what you're doing here debating? :naughty: Don't make open up a can of copy-and-paste whoop ass all over yours. Because all you would see is a long laundry list of petty name-calling culled from a schoolyard bully's book of insults.

misanthrope 12-25-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 648745)
What, pray tell, does an atheist know about nobility? What nobility can a dirt clod have? Isn't that what atheists reduce us all to? Dirt clods with accidental consciousness?

I've decided you're so much fun, and not for the reasons you'd like to think (I believe I've successfully established this fact already), I'm going to go through all of your "debate" replies - debatable as that classification is - and put them back up here, if for no other reason than to simply make more fun out of them. Yes, at your expense. :thumbsup:

Actually, you make an excellent point here, but only sort of. Take out the nobility crap, as nobility is yet another man-made construct and held only in the eye of the beholder, should one be corny enough to subscribe to such a notion, and you are left with literal dirt clods.

This brings me back to my earlier point (all of which you have so far ignored, and for which I shall proclaim "victory is mine!" :nanner: :nanner:), that religions were created by IGNORANT MEN (in particular and relevant to this topic, those without knowledge of the cosmos and basic biology) precisely because death was not understood and greatly feared.

Come on Ego(r), these are the same people who thought mental health issues were caused by demon possession, or that demons could be cast out of these same mentally ill people and into swine.

Doh! You're one of those people! Ah yes, well, take no offense, but please, do take a lesson from it...

The reality (we'll keep coming back to it until you acknowledge this simple, scientific fact), should you choose to divorce your ego from the equation, is that we do indeed return to dust, or simple dirt clods. Sorry, it just is. The rest is pure fantasy, written by ancient fiction writers.

Quote:

You only get nobility if there's a Supreme Being to which you give your life and service to. If you can't understand that, you need to get yourself to the back of the short bus. You don't belong in this debate.
So yeah, again, taking the nobility crap out of it, let's imagine our lives in eternal "service" (translated: submission and supplication):

I Can Only Imagine, lyrics by Mercy Me.

"I can only imagine what it will be like, when I walk by Your side...
I can only imagine, what my eyes will see, when Your Face is before me!
I can only imagine. I can only imagine.

Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?

Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still?
Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'? Will I be able to speak at all?

I can only imagine! I can only imagine!

I can only imagine, when that day comes, when I find myself standing in the Son!

I can only imagine, when all I will do, is forever, forever worship You!
I can only imagine! I can only imagine!"

Seriously? :vomit: No, seriously, have any of you religious folk really ever thought about what it is you're proclaiming to want? Who the hell wants this to be the rest of their endless lives?????

If I had an eternal brain, I'd want to put a fucking bullet in it just thinking about it! THIS is the definition of hell!

And if there really was a deity, one that was genuinely loving and compassionate and all-knowing, there is no way he/she/it would want a bunch of simpering sycophants unable to get up off their fucking knees, capable only of singing ridiculous and nauseating praises while staring in awe.