Raving Atheists Forum

Raving Atheists Forum (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/index.php)
-   Atheist vs Theist (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Proof of God (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17121)

Barney 12-10-2013 01:32 PM

I was beaten to the punch by Smelly, but I would second his post.
You claim to seek truths and yet 10 minuites on goodle to review the actual translation, by multiple scholars of the matter, all supporting what we say? Would that 10 minuites kill you?

You claim to be a young kid, thus I will go easy on you. If you seriously do not know what I mean about god intervening with your freinds sprained ankle, let me explain it. In Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JipYDDXo5C0

The Impeccable Tim Minchen will tell you exactly what I mean

psychodiva 12-10-2013 02:33 PM

wow this one is definitely full up to the brim with shit lol- have at him ravers- I can't be bothered with the idiots any more
OH Hi Barney !! Long Time!!!!!

Barney 12-10-2013 02:44 PM

Totally Hai Psycho.

He appears to be the son of a preacher man who cant understand why anyone can think that there is no invisible magical fairy who wants us to drink blood and eat flesh, so that we all love each other.

I suggest we go easy on him. He is young and perhaps can yet reason.

Smellyoldgit 12-10-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Barney wrote (Post 675428)
I suggest we go easy on him. He is young and perhaps can yet reason.

If he could reason, he wouldn't be a god-whalloper.;)

Kate 12-10-2013 05:49 PM

:wave: Hai everyone!!

Smellyoldgit 12-10-2013 05:52 PM

Godammit, theyz all crawlin' outta the woodwork - all it takes is a couple of retarded nutjobs eh?

Kate 12-10-2013 05:54 PM

http://www.woodweb.com/knowledge_bas..._hole_tool.jpg

ghoulslime 12-10-2013 06:03 PM

Hehehe!

It only takes one little rat to bring the cats together! :)

Smellyoldgit 12-10-2013 07:21 PM

Did he just call us a load of pussies?! :mad:

ghoulslime 12-10-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Smellyoldgit wrote (Post 675440)
Did he just call us a load of pussies?! :mad:

You are what you eat!

ghoulslime 12-10-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Kate wrote (Post 675435)
:wave: Hai everyone!!

BTW, I will be making plans to be in Katerland in early January. I hope that we can meet with the one who smells of worldly odors, and the other. I will PM you with my tentative schedule.

redbeardjon 12-10-2013 11:50 PM

Hello again everyone, thanks for joining the discussion. There are too many replies for me to address so I will talk about some of the more interesting ones to keep the conversation going.

I did watch the entire “Miracles for Sale” mentioned by Michael earlier. I must say I was worried that it would be very convincing, but it wasn’t. The program focused primarily on people making money in the church through deception. I believe this is a real problem so did Peter in the New Testament when he said “Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up.” Even supposing that the healing I cited earlier was deception, there are two other examples I shared that were not among the common healings explained by Derren Brown. I do agree that there are fake healers however.

Concerning the young woman interpretation of Isaiah as opposed to virgin, in the culture in which Isaiah was written young woman who were not virgins were very rare. Even if it means young woman, it does not mean that she was not a virgin. Isaiah may have used that word to emphasize that in addition to being a virgin she would be young. Does either interpretation really make it an incorrect prophecy? No.

On another interesting note, perhaps we can cut through the round and round arguments that you guys mention. I think this next question goes to the roots of both of our beliefs. Can something just exist? If any of you hold the big bang theory to be true, what is the origin of the matter and energy involved? If any of you say “It just was,” then your entire belief is not based on more evidence that my belief.

mondrian 12-11-2013 04:17 AM

Quote:

redbeardjon wrote (Post 675445)
Hello again everyone, thanks for joining the discussion. There are too many replies for me to address so I will talk about some of the more interesting ones to keep the conversation going.

I did watch the entire “Miracles for Sale” mentioned by Michael earlier. I must say I was worried that it would be very convincing,

Yeh, I bet you were. If you believe in god so much and so convinced of his existence, you wouldn't be.

but it wasn’t.

Yeh, about as believable as the so-called miracles touted by you christians.

The program focused primarily on people making money in the church through deception.

Wonder why

I believe this is a real problem

Yup, so do I

so did Peter in the New Testament when he said “Many will follow their shameful ways

So why do christians follow shameful ways?
and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up.” Even supposing that the healing I cited earlier was deception, there are two other examples I shared that were not among the common healings explained by Derren Brown. I do agree that there are fake healers however.

Concerning the young woman interpretation of Isaiah as opposed to virgin, in the culture in which Isaiah was written young woman who were not virgins were very rare.
Where's your proof and what definition of 'young' are you using?

Even if it means young woman, it does not mean that she was not a virgin. No, and it doesn't mean she was either

Isaiah may May is unscientific and means nothinghave used that word to emphasize that in addition to being a virgin she would be young. Does either interpretation really make it an incorrect prophecy? No. Er... YES. So someone called Isaiah, who 'claims' to be a prophet said that a young girl will get pregnant. Hold the front pages guys 'cos a young girl is gonna have get pregnant. Well, there's a shock.

On another interesting note, perhaps we can cut through the round and round arguments that you guys mention. I think this next question goes to the roots of both of our beliefs. Can something just exist? If any of you hold the big bang theory to be true, what is the origin of the matter and energy involved? If any of you say “It just was,” then your entire belief is not based on more evidence that my belief.

Look you half-wit. Read up on the latest scientific experiments. Take all matter out a vessel and matter is spontaneous created. Is that god at work? No, matter/anti pair particles are created which does not contradict any known physical laws. It ain't god, it's science at work. Moron

Smellyoldgit 12-11-2013 04:58 AM

Quote:

mondrian wrote (Post 675448)
Look you half-wit. Read up on the latest scientific experiments. Take all matter out a vessel and matter is spontaneous created. Is that god at work? No, matter/anti pair particles are created which does not contradict any known physical laws. It ain't god, it's science at work. Moron

Greetings!
I think you're over-rating this latest god-whalloper - 'half' wit is far too generous and 'moron' is usually pronounced 'fucking moron' :cheers:

ILOVEJESUS 12-11-2013 05:09 AM

Quote:

mondrian wrote (Post 675448)

Exactly....and we have Occam's Razor to add too once we start stating that God could also exist as a self creating entity. We can see our self creating entity.....yet to see, hear this God chap.