Raving Atheists Forum

Raving Atheists Forum (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/index.php)
-   Atheist/Theist Morality (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Veridican Theory of Hell (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16873)

Kate 02-25-2012 03:56 AM

Quote:

Smellyoldgit wrote (Post 660950)

:|

Kate 02-25-2012 03:59 AM

I'm The Atheist. I even have the tiara to prove it.
http://www.nexternal.com/masquerade/images/31626-m.jpg

Sol 02-25-2012 04:29 AM

Aw, bullocks.....

I just new it wasn't goin to be me. So you are The atheist wot is going to hell. I bet you feel like the mutts nuts doncha.

You'll be like all swanning about the place, on fire and shit. giving it "oo look at me bitches I is in torment cos I is THE atheist."
And I bet you have a big old fancy frock for the occasion.

I so wanted that fucking gig........... guess I'll just send the frock back then :mad:

orangeitis 02-25-2012 05:04 AM

I feel so odd being the only one that posted a serious reply to Egor.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...OSERIOUS99.jpg

Stargazer 02-25-2012 05:50 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 660939)
When we die, we go on to the next phase of life if, and only if, we have been converted into the spiritual nature of Christ. That next phase of life is similar to a lucid dream where the individual has vastly greater powers of creation and choice than they have in this physical world. And there are phases beyond that which I won’t go into in this post.

Upon what do you base this theory?

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 660939)
However, if one is not converted to the oneness of Christ, there is no way for them to enter this phase of life. These deformed spirits are in no way mature enough to handle such power, and God is not going to suffer their participation in it. Such an individual must be destroyed, or if they knew about Christ and rejected him, then they may well be punished for the pleasure of God (hell).

Your god sounds like a masochist.

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 660939)
Jesus described hell as burning, outer darkness, weeping and anguish (gnashing of teeth). And this is actually quite necessary from a philosophical perspective. God is the source of all pleasure. Our entire being is attracted to God, and all the pleasures we seek on earth are mere surrogates for the real pleasure we seek in God.

I find pleasure in many things, none of which are an invisible friend. Pleasure originates in each of us individually, not in an invisible friend/god.

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 660939)
If we are cast away from God so that we, for eternity, can never attain or even move toward that real pleasure we were designed to seek, then in an eternal environment we will suffer the torments of what is considered hell. It’s a simple formula: to want something with all of your being and be faced with the inevitability of eternal separation from it is--ultimately--torture. Burning, weeping, anguish, and darkness, are good analogies when applied to a spiritual being separated from God in eternity.

This sounds like a fictitious bogey man threat utilized by parents to scare the kids into obeying them.

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 660939)
Keep in mind: In this life we at least have an end to our suffering. We die. But in hell, there is no death. There is an eternity of never having what you most desire. If one could go to death ignorant or guessing whether God is real or not, there might be some relief, so ability to deny the desire.

Why are you so convinced that life = suffering? Is your own life that bad? And if it is, why don't you do something about it right now to make it better? Don't abdicate the responsibility to an imaginary being.

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 660939)
But when the atheist goes to hell, they will do so knowing that God exists.

A statement like this requires some kind of concrete proof.

Stargazer 02-25-2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 660947)
A lot of people say they just can't imagine God sending people to hell. "How could a loving God so unjustly punish people for eternity for sins they did during their life." And in so saying, you'd think they were talking about people who ran a red light on the way home from church.

No, what they can't imagine is God. In order to believe in any of his so-called actions, first you must believe in God. Thank goodness there are people here who just can't accept the BS required in order to do that.

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 660947)
But when I read something like you wrote, and I think of the mind that wrote it, and then I think of the intention God had for your life when he imagined you and created you, and how great that insult would be to Him, I for one have no problem with the concept of hell.

Right, but only because you don't think you'll be going there.

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 660947)
And this is the thing--hell exists for the pleasure of God, so it is surely going to happen. In hell, you won't have the surrogate pleasures that stand in for what you truly desire, like you do here on earth. These surrogates exist simply by the grace and mercy of God for the time that we are here and in spiritual training.

What a sick puppy your God is. Plus, your evidence for your theory of Hell and what happens there is, what?

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 660947)
In hell, you will only want God, but you will be separated eternally from Him. You don't understand this suffering now, because you won't actually think about it. You won't let yourself imagine it. But it's coming for you, Ghoulslime. You need to think about it. You need to consider Pascal's Wager.

Be scared Ghoulslime. Really scared. And send money.

Michael 02-25-2012 05:57 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote
That next phase of life is similar to a lucid dream where the individual has vastly greater powers of creation and choice than they have in this physical world. And there are phases beyond that which I won’t go into in this post.

Do you believe in ghosts?
I'm guessing you must because somehow you believe you've spoken to someone in this so-called "next phase of life". Or perhaps you truly believe god is speaking to you, I don't know.

Either way, what I guess I'm asking is how is it so that you could possibly know what happens after we die? Secondly, without invoking/hiding behind your "one with jesus" clause, why should we listen to a YOU? Why am I not better off "talking" to "jesus/god" myself and deciding he's told me that there is no afterlife?

I know you've said that we should all go off and "create our own religion", but if that's the case why are you trying to tell me to believe what you believe?

Quote:

Egor wrote
Such an individual must be destroyed, or if they knew about Christ and rejected him, then they may well be punished for the pleasure of God (hell).

Quote:

Egor wrote
hell exists for the pleasure of God

So....basically god gets off on tormenting people by holding out on them?

So...uh...god's the supernatural version of a cocktease?

Are you sure that's what you want us to believe?

While I'm here, I was looking up Schadenfreude (deriving pleasure from other's suffering - of course the Germans have a word for it), and found this little gem on it:

The philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer mentioned Schadenfreude as the most evil sin of human feeling, saying famously "To feel envy is human, to savor schadenfreude is devilish."

I think you're worshipping the wrong one.

Quote:

Smellyoldgit wrote
I think I'll log in in my Ghoulslime personna and agree with myself - then pretend I'm one of the Aussies and give myself a jeebus style reacharound ....

Since when do you have to be an aussie to get a reach-around? Sure, it helps, but certainly other cultures get them?

Stargazer 02-25-2012 05:59 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 660952)
I have this theory, and I'd be willing to bet a hundred dollars that you and Gouhlslime are the same person. Of course, maybe I'm just the last to know.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I almost spilled my coffee. If you think they have the same tone, you are not reading very carefully.

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 660947)
How come it is unless I'm in here, the posts go two and three days without responses? Maybe you need to make up some more people to populate your forum with. No wonder you won't ban me.

So, you think YOU'RE the life of this forum?

No.

West491 02-25-2012 07:35 AM

Egor's Theory of Hell by Religious Indoctrination

evidence=0

standby to confirm bullshit...

Eternal 02-25-2012 07:51 AM

Life is all about perception Egor. You ideas have come about as a direct result of your life thus far. Our ideas have done the same. We can back our ideas up with evidence and reason, you cannot. It is not your fault, you are just yet to learn what is required to make such large assertions.

An example of how perception can deceive.

How Egor views himself.
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/...esusclouds.jpg

How we view Egor
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/...t-crap-big.jpg

West491 02-25-2012 08:19 AM

ooohh.. another one-

Egor's Theory of Hell by Mental Retardation

ghoulslime 02-25-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

orangeitis wrote (Post 660948)
You have no problem with the concept of infinite torture for a finite crime? You don't find anything wrong with that? If you don't, you are the immoral one.

Whatever deity takes pleasure in that is highly immoral.

You do too. What if your concept of God and the afterlife is wrong, and someone else's concept of a deity and the afterlife is right? You're at risk for eternal punishment as well.

Thanks for saving me the trouble of responding to this fuckwit, orange!

What a delightful imaginary friend EGOr has! It is no wonder people like him turn out to be so twisted and perverse!

He is soooooo fucked when he dies and finds out that indeed the Leprechauns (blessed be their ale) are going to pee in his dirty mouth for saying all of the wicked things that he has in life.

ghoulslime 02-25-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 660952)
You know. You've been in the other forums. It's just your turn.

I have this theory, and I'd be willing to bet a hundred dollars that you and Gouhlslime are the same person. Of course, maybe I'm just the last to know.

In the very wee hours of the morning, you're on together. You have the same sexual dsyfunction, and your tone is exactly the same. He's supposed to be in California and you in England. There's no way you'd all be on at this time together.

How come it is unless I'm in here, the posts go two and three days without responses? Maybe you need to make up some more people to populate your forum with. No wonder you won't ban me.

:lol:

Smelly, did you know that you and I are the same person in EGOr's world. Would you mind getting the oil in my car changed today, man?

ghoulslime 02-25-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Stargazer wrote (Post 660968)
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I almost spilled my coffee. If you think they have the same tone, you are not reading very carefully.

What did you expect from a guy who thinks that his imaginary friend wants him to invent a new religion?

ghoulslime 02-25-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

orangeitis wrote (Post 660953)
No, atheism is a finite crime in your religion in the sense that one only can commit the crime in life before they face God. You say the punishment is eternal, not the crime. And that's immoral.

No, it isn't. You're using special pleading. There's nothing special about your god. Unless you believe that it's because he's all-powerful, but then you'd believe in "might makes right", which is still immoral.

Because I care about what I believe to be true, and there is zero evidence for your claims. It won't matter how much I think about it, because if there's no proof, they'd be meaningless thoughts.

Ha ha! EGOr completely humped and jizzed on! :lol: