Raving Atheists Forum

Raving Atheists Forum (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/index.php)
-   Open Mic and General Chat (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Posts that don't deserve threads, Volume I. (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12288)

Professor Chaos 12-21-2006 08:43 PM

Posts that don't deserve threads, Volume I.

Ever feel like asking a stupid question, posting a link to a silly news story, or making a random observation, but didn't really want to start a thread on such a trite subject?

Use this thread for your random musings.

I'll start: Recently I was watching a French movie (can't remember the title) and the protagonist consistently relieved his bladder in the sink, rather than the toilet. Is this common practice in France? In most of Europe? Are Americans viewed as water-wasters for pissing in the toilet then flushing 8 gallons or so of water away?

GodlessHeathen 12-21-2006 08:49 PM

Ricky Gervais was on the Daily Show (either earlier this week or last week, I can't remember), and he talked about pissing in the sink, too.

shade 12-21-2006 09:02 PM

I think I pissed in a sink once, drunk and the reason was that the toilet was clogged and I didn't bother to go outside. I don't think it's common practice. We have pretty effective water saving toilets here, with dualflush capability, using as little as ... wait ... do I even want to know how many liters a toilet uses on no.1 and no.2 flushes respectively? I don't, and I don't :)

I can't speak for the frence though.

Choobus 12-21-2006 09:15 PM

I can assure you that in the UK pissing in the sink is considered to be uncouth. Especially when one is visiting friends....

shade 12-21-2006 09:17 PM

Quote:

Choobus wrote
I can assure you that in the UK pissing in the sink is considered to be uncouth. Especially when one is visiting friends....

you know that from experience I gather :lol::lol::lol:

ocmpoma 12-21-2006 09:17 PM

Don't piss in my sink and I won't brush my teeth in your toilet.

Professor Chaos 12-21-2006 09:43 PM

Quote:

Choobus wrote

Well, the movie also involved some dude fucking a brother and sister at the same time, so...

whoneedscience 12-21-2006 10:59 PM

Urine is sterile! I don't know what you're alll complaining about.

Big Bang 12-22-2006 04:14 AM

open your mouth and close your eyes. and you will find a reason real soon. :)

Smellyoldgit 12-22-2006 04:31 AM

Pissing in the sink is vile at best - but when the dishes are still in there !! :vomit:

Now crapping in the sink - - ????

anotherTim 12-22-2006 06:11 AM

This is funny, I work with a Frenchman who told me a story about when he was remodeling his bathroom he pissed in the sink and his wife got mad at him. He couldn't understand what her issue was. I will ask him about it when he gets in today.

Philboid Studge 12-22-2006 06:26 AM

When I was in college one of my poker buddies pinched off a loaf in the cat's litter box. He did bury it, though.

Professor Chaos 12-22-2006 06:34 AM

Quote:

Philboid Studge wrote
When I was in college one of my poker buddies pinched off a loaf in the cat's litter box. He did bury it, though.

:o

Ickybod 12-22-2006 06:55 AM

Here's a post that I didn't think deserved its own thread but I thought was pretty damn funny. Adam Carolla hangs up on Anne Coulter on his radio show after she shows up an hour and a half late then complains that she's pressed for time. http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Ada...ter-7-6-06.mp3

It's good to see Anne Coulter get cut off mid sentence after not more than a minute on the air :lol:

hannahasbury1 12-22-2006 01:54 PM

is it just me or is shade an asshole seeking personal revenge and tracking all my posts?!?