Raving Atheists Forum

Raving Atheists Forum (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Atheism is a Religion (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17240)

Francis 12-03-2014 02:43 PM

Atheism is a Religion

I thought I would resurrect this argument because some relatively recent events seem to support it. Remarkably, an atheist group has stated that it wants to start an atheist church. This reflects a recognition of the power of group organization.

My analysis of the situation is sociological and scientific. When first of all looking at whether any sort of god or Supreme Being is a necessary prerequisite for religion, the answer is "NO". Two groups immediately come to mind - 1) certain prominent Buddhist sects do not believe in any God and certain Reform Jews do not believe in God. There are other factors in play here, and I list them below:

1) Atheists, like religious churchgoers, regularly meet.
2) Atheists, like priests and reverends do, hustle contributions.
3) Atheists, like many religious, are certain of the truth of their views.
4) Atheists, like religious fundamentalists, attribute dishonesty to those who disagree with them.
5) Atheists, like many religious, enjoy cackling in imagined superiority over people who disagree with them.

There are a few more conditions atheists and the religious have in common, but even based upon these alone Atheism is a religion.

Yep. It is. Embrace the horror.

ghoulslime 12-03-2014 03:21 PM

A bold attempt to make rational people seem as stupid as religious ones!

Sorry asshole, but atheists don't have a belief system.

Atheist = somebody who does not believe in your god. The end!

Kate 12-03-2014 04:50 PM

http://www.newyorkpersonalinjuryatto...838-756137.jpg

Smellyoldgit 12-03-2014 04:51 PM

If this smarmy, weazely, trolling fool gets into the habit of starting heaps of idiotic shit-stirring threads - he'll soon find himself confined to his personal idiot pen.

Kate 12-03-2014 04:54 PM

http://www.titanwestinc.com/images/okcorral_color.jpg

Smellyoldgit 12-03-2014 04:58 PM

Turd Flushing.

ghoulslime 12-03-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Smellyoldgit wrote (Post 679819)
If this smarmy, weazely, trolling fool gets into the habit of starting heaps of idiotic shit-stirring threads - he'll soon find himself confined to his personal idiot pen.

I think he has already earned it.

Smellyoldgit 12-03-2014 05:01 PM

Get rid of the cunt.

Smellyoldgit 12-03-2014 05:05 PM

The original Shitlord - so fucking retarded, he got demoted!

ghoulslime 12-03-2014 06:17 PM

Quote:

Smellyoldgit wrote (Post 679826)
The original Shitlord - so fucking retarded, he got demoted!

Francis, Shitlord I DEMOTED FOR CONDUCT UNBECOMING OF A SHITLORD! He is soooooooo glorious!

Francis 12-04-2014 12:49 PM

Easier than dealing with the issues. Just say "shitlord" and the teenagers will think it hilarious. But don't try to deal with the analysis oh congregants of the Church of the Big Nothing

psychodiva 12-04-2014 01:19 PM

poor cows!!!!! unpen them I say!!!!!!!

Francis 12-04-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

psychodiva wrote (Post 679870)
poor cows!!!!! unpen them I say!!!!!!!

See the following evidence:

Atheists meet regularly
Atheists hustle contributions
Atheists attribute dishonesty to people who disagree with them
Atheists ridicule other belief systems as if the adherents are misguided and ignorant.

add this fact while you are at it -

Atheists (certainly on this forum) believe and disbelieve primarily for emotional reasons.

Facts all. Was not discussing the existence or nonexistence of a Creator. Please try to notice the subject of the discussion. .

ghoulslime 12-04-2014 03:52 PM

Quote:

Francis wrote (Post 679875)
See the following evidence:

Atheists meet regularly
Atheists hustle contributions
Atheists attribute dishonesty to people who disagree with them
Atheists ridicule other belief systems as if the adherents are misguided and ignorant.

add this fact while you are at it -

Atheists (certainly on this forum) believe and disbelieve primarily for emotional reasons.

Facts all. Was not discussing the existence or nonexistence of a Creator. Please try to notice the subject of the discussion. .

Atheist = somebody who does not believe in your god. The end!

It's not a religion, Shitlord I! Now go fuck your filthy mother!

Smellyoldgit 12-04-2014 04:54 PM

Maybe our Resident Retard has unearthed a plethora of previously unacknowledged worthy religions ....

1) Vegans, like religious churchgoers, regularly meet.
2) Vegans, like priests and reverends do, hustle contributions.
3) Vegans, like many religious, are certain of the truth of their views.
4) Vegans, like religious fundamentalists, attribute dishonesty to those who disagree with them.
5) Vegans, like many religious, enjoy cackling in imagined superiority over people who disagree with them.

:rolleyes:
:\
:vomit: