Raving Atheists Forum

Raving Atheists Forum (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/index.php)
-   Does God Exist? (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Universe a Simulation? (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17238)

Kinich Ahau 12-04-2014 11:19 AM

Mmm, it must be tough being him right now. Actually didn't you guys start it. We have long memories. Not as bad as those kiwis though, they are still crying about that ball that slipped out of chappel's hand and rolled along the ground.

Francis 12-04-2014 12:45 PM

It's the same as it has been for years on this site. The same people saying "shit, dumbass, turd", etc. , as if those are arguments. The reality is that these people here would not be given the time of day by their heroes Dawkins, Harris, Krauss or the late Mr. Hitchens.

Those people at least, try to deal with the issues in a responsible manner.

If this universe is a simulation as has been postulated, it has profound implications for the religious and atheists alike. Intellectual simplicity and comfort, on this site, always trumps challenge and real debate

Davin 12-04-2014 01:04 PM

Oh no! Poor Francis. If Francis could handle a real debate, I'd probably go for it, but I doubt Rancis can handle it. Likely Francine would just retreat back like Rancid used to and avoid questions, keep bringing up straw men and be all around irrational anancephalic.

Does anyone know when the baseball season starts?

Francis 12-04-2014 05:08 PM

Yet another person who would cause the esteemed Mr. Dawkins to recoil in disdain.

Smellyoldgit 12-04-2014 07:02 PM

Quote:

Kinich Ahau wrote (Post 679863)
Actually didn't you guys start it.

Ahh, good old Mr Larwood - Bodyline really did stir up some shit!
Perhaps murrikan baseball could be spiced up with a similar tactic. ;)

ghoulslime 12-04-2014 09:47 PM

I just sprinkled calcium chloride on my driveway. The snow has made it really icy. I hope calcium chloride won't harm my cement.

Davin 12-05-2014 06:32 AM

I kind of miss having snow.

Kinich Ahau 12-05-2014 07:47 AM

I had baked beans for dinner tonight with grated parmesan.

Smellyoldgit 12-05-2014 07:49 AM

My dog had three shits on this morning's walk. I'm so jealous.

Francis 12-05-2014 01:05 PM

And, if the universe is a simulation, there is a creator of sorts, reality is an illusion, nothing is here, including us, and the scientific evidence you rely upon for your atheism does not exist.

Sinfidel 12-05-2014 02:02 PM

Quote:

Francis wrote (Post 679915)
And, if the universe is a simulation, there is a creator of sorts, reality is an illusion, nothing is here, including us, and the scientific evidence you rely upon for your atheism does not exist.

There are many simple tests you can do to prove your assertion - even the bible has a couple, like drinking poison or playing with rattlesnakes.
You could drink acid, or turn your stove burner on high, wait until it's glowing cherry red, and then firmly plant your hand on it and hold it there.
None of these things will harm you, since it's all just a simulation!

:rock:

Francis 12-05-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Sinfidel wrote (Post 679923)
There are many simple tests you can do to prove your assertion - even the bible has a couple, like drinking poison or playing with rattlesnakes.
You could drink acid, or turn your stove burner on high, wait until it's glowing cherry red, and then firmly plant your hand on it and hold it there.
None of these things will harm you, since it's all just a simulation!

:rock:

Yet another commentator who misunderstands the issue. Even if we are sentient entities within a simulation, since pain and disfigurement are part of the program, we would experience those things even if we are digital in our existence.

Your too-quick conclusion that you understand the issues is misplaced and your "tests" would prove nothing.

dogpet 12-05-2014 03:35 PM

Nothing but a philosophical exercise, which surely no-one takes seriously other than shitlord #1 (*demoted)'s unnamed scientists.

Francis repeats an ancient headline, in a failed attempt to engage with bright people.

We are an illusion only as far as a necessary vehicle for genes.

Smellyoldgit 12-05-2014 08:03 PM

I wonder how the Frantard would react to reality if he got his useless shrivelled testicles caught in a bear trap.

Francis 12-09-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Smellyoldgit wrote (Post 679934)
I wonder how the Frantard would react to reality if he got his useless shrivelled testicles caught in a bear trap.

Do they actually allow fourteen year old boys to post on this forum?