Raving Atheists Forum

Raving Atheists Forum (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/index.php)
-   Atheist vs Theist (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Soapater's Dumping Ground... (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15713)

Sopater48 12-12-2009 12:39 PM

Soapater's Dumping Ground...

Hi,
Best laugh I've had in ages, this site. Blessings to you all. The world would laugh some more if you all came out from behind your screens.

God has three ways to bring about a better world.

1) Violence.

2) Mystical surety.

3) Love.

The first did not work. The second brought idol worship instead of faith. So the third was tried. The Son came to show that love conquers all.

I wouldn't say that Jesus was the only way to salvation but he certainly is the only sure way.

Peace
S48

Philboid Studge 12-12-2009 12:43 PM

So Allsmitey God has struck out then: three tries, three epic fails. Satan wins, the end.

Sopater48 12-12-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Philboid Studge wrote (Post 586082)
So Allsmitey God has struck out then: three tries, three epic fails. Satan wins, the end.

For you, so far. Yes.

Whisper 12-12-2009 12:55 PM

What a load of steaming horse shit. :thumbsup:

Irreligious 12-12-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Sopater48 wrote (Post 586080)
Hi,
Best laugh I've had in ages, this site. Blessings to you all. The world would laugh some more if you all came out from behind your screens.

Why? So you could pelt us with stones while you were simultaneously bestowing your blessings upon our dead bodies?

Would that really amuse you?

Sopater48 12-12-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Irreligious wrote (Post 586092)
Why? So you could pelt us with stones while you were simultaneously bestowing your blessings upon our dead bodies?

Would that really amuse you?

I am no expert but I think the doctors would call that a pretty definate persecution complex.

Irreligious 12-12-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Sopater48 wrote (Post 586098)
I am no expert but I think the doctors would call that a pretty definate persecution complex.

Yes. And what would the doctors call pretending to bestow blessings upon those you hate?

dogpet 12-12-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Hi,

1) Violence.

2) Mystical surety.

3) Love.

The first did not work. The second brought idol worship instead of faith. So the third was tried. The Son came to show that love conquers all.

I wouldn't say that Jesus was the only way to salvation but he certainly is the only sure way.

Peace
S48

What we have here, is some useless fuckup who needs to try something radical, like maybe materialising as a giant hand throwing candy.
That might work?

Cherry liqueurs
D00

Sopater48 12-12-2009 01:32 PM

Quote:

dogpet wrote (Post 586106)
What we have here, is some useless fuckup who needs to try something radical, like maybe materialising as a giant hand throwing candy.
That might work?

Cherry liqueurs
D00

This is like running through syrup in snow shoes.

The above comes under 2.

Irreligious 12-12-2009 01:34 PM

Look, Soapter, you're not here as a goodwill ambassador, so lay your cards on the table. What do you want?

dogpet 12-12-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Sopater48 wrote (Post 586107)
The above comes under 2.

Almost. #2's would be correct.

Sopater48 12-12-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Irreligious wrote (Post 586108)
Look, Soapter, you're not here as a goodwill ambassador, so lay your cards on the table. What do you want?

That is a very good question.

Perhaps I just want to spend a few hours on a Saturday evening poking fun at athiests. I hope this isn't my motive but I suppose if I am honest it might be. I read the other threads and don't see why, if you are happy to give it so why not.

or

Interesting dialogue.

or

I am also trying, to some degree, to be a goodwill ambassador.

or

I was an athiest for most of my life (just didn't believe in God- whatever type of athiest that it) but I experienced a (physical) miracle and now I do. I want others to understand the joy.

or

A combination of all 4 possibly.

ghoulslime 12-12-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Hi,

1) Violence.

2) Mystical surety.

3) Love.

Peace
S48

Wow! We are all really impressed that your imaginary friend is so much more delicious than all other imaginary friends!

You seem to have missed at least one other way that your god has to bring about a better world:

4. Duping credulous dolts into believing they shouldn't be violent assholes in order to win a magical trip to paradise.

What was your purpose here, asshole? :eh:

BTW, who is the "world" you are alluding to? Is it the world of ignorant theists who are blowing each other apart over whose god has more love? Or is it the world of secularists who are bringing you scientific enlightenment and technological advancement?

ghoulslime 12-12-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Sopater48 wrote (Post 586115)

Perhaps I just want to spend a few hours on a Saturday evening poking fun at athiests. I hope this isn't my motive but I suppose if I am honest it might be. I read the other threads and don't see why, if you are happy to give it so why not.

or

Interesting dialogue.

or

or

I was an athiest for most of my life (just didn't believe in God- whatever type of athiest that it) but I experienced a (physical) miracle and now I do. I want others to understand the joy.

or

Well, you have brought such joy and good will thus far! :rolleyes:
Shouldn't you be waiting by your chimney for Santa to cum in your stocking?

GodIsAMyth 12-12-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Sopater48 wrote (Post 586115)

or

Interesting dialogue.

or

or

or

What miracle

did

you

experience

and could

it have been

explained away

in

any other way?:rolleyes:

My guess is that it could be.;)