Raving Atheists Forum

Raving Atheists Forum (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sciences (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   In 2006, scientists discovered a whole new world of species! (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12332)

Sinistral 12-28-2006 10:58 AM

It can sometimes seem as if everything on Earth has already been discovered. In fact, scientists estimate that only one-tenth of the world's estimated 10 million species are known; all the time, more and more novel plants and animals are found.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...r-lemur280.jpg

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/s...28species.html

I love stories like this one in which we can see the creativity of nature and the scientists eager to discover.

JU Mike 12-28-2006 11:05 AM

Wow, Noah must have been REALLY busy cramming all these species into his leaky boat.

Sinistral 12-28-2006 11:11 AM

Quote:

JU Mike wrote
Wow, Noah must have been REALLY busy cramming all these species into his leaky boat.

Herding the spiders on two by two would have been quite a challenge as well as keeping all the animals from eating each other :lol:

Smellyoldgit 12-28-2006 11:29 AM

You obviously need to listen to Ken Ham - they only put baby animals on the ark - so they were still playful.
Also - at the time of the flood, all animals were vegetarian - as it was the devil that caused carnivourism. (is that a word ?)

Waddlie 12-28-2006 11:33 AM

Quote:

Smellyoldgit wrote
You obviously need to listen to Ken Ley - they only put baby animals on the ark - so they were still playful.
Also - at the time of the flood, all animals were vegetarian - as it was the devil that caused carnivourism. (is that a word ?)

Whilst I applaud your efforts to ensure the letter 'u' is safeguarded from dereliction by the Americans, if it is a word I think it would be spelt carnivorism. Or "Supercarnivoricity Turbo 3000 Awesome", as they say in the States...

Smellyoldgit 12-28-2006 11:35 AM

Cheers Wad - or is it Dood?

Sinistral 12-28-2006 11:41 AM

Quote:

Smellyoldgit wrote
You obviously need to listen to Ken Ley - they only put baby animals on the ark - so they were still playful.

Good point, but if they were vegetarian then just how much plant life were they able to store on this infamous leaky tub?

Smellyoldgit 12-28-2006 11:45 AM

I think noah must have had a pretty good diet regime and strickly controlled feeding times - :P

Gnosital 12-28-2006 11:53 AM

Still, I wouldn't want to be the one cleaning the stalls!

Oh wait, probly gawd allsmitey trained the animals to poop off the poop deck.

Sinistral 12-28-2006 11:55 AM

Quote:

scathach wrote
Still, I wouldn't want to be the one cleaning the stalls!

Oh wait, probly gawd allsmitey trained the animals to poop off the poop deck.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Livingstrong 12-28-2006 11:59 AM

Quote:

Sinistral wrote
Quote:

Smellyoldgit wrote

Good point, but if they were vegetarian then just how much plant life were they able to store on this infamous leaky tub?

Sinistral, where the hell is your faith? Don't you know that God provides? Sheesh! :lol:

Sinistral 12-29-2006 10:22 AM

Quote:

HomoCyclist wrote
Quote:

Sinistral wrote
Quote:

Smellyoldgit wrote

Sinistral, where the hell is your faith? Don't you know that God provides? Sheesh! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think my faith got lost in the "flood"

Ickybod 12-29-2006 10:32 AM

You all fail to realize that god gave Noah a shrink ray such as that from Honey I Shrunk The Kids.

Sinistral 12-29-2006 10:42 AM

Quote:

Ickybod wrote
You all fail to realize that god gave Noah a shrink ray such as that from Honey I Shrunk The Kids.

I am impressed with the technology gawd provided Noah, I wonder if the shrink ray was "found" in Mount Ararat also? :D

Rhinoqulous 12-29-2006 11:40 AM

Quote:

Smellyoldgit wrote

Isn't this a contradiction to 1 Timothy 1-4, where it says vegetarianism is a sign of "giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils"?