Raving Atheists Forum

Raving Atheists Forum (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sciences (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Hen walks to her eggs and sitting on them! (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17263)

ghoulslime 01-19-2015 10:49 PM

Quote:

Kinich Ahau wrote (Post 682048)
Francis and I aren't responding to you anymore if you keep responding to my poo-poo questions with poo-poo answers.

Poo poo to you and your hoodoo, you woo woo!

Kinich Ahau 01-19-2015 10:58 PM

Quote:

ghoulslime wrote (Post 682100)
I am not sure what you are saying, but I keep reading it over and over again, and I am really not sure why. ;)

Maybe epigenetics won't describe the way instinct is passed on, you explained that rather well. But the field is investigating the methods that genes use to pass this information to one generation to the next. Is that better?

ghoulslime 01-20-2015 12:12 AM

Quote:

Kinich Ahau wrote (Post 682102)
Maybe epigenetics won't describe the way instinct is passed on, you explained that rather well. But the field is investigating the methods that genes use to pass this information to one generation to the next. Is that better?

Uuuuuuh! :mad:

It was a valid point when you first made it. I was being facetious, suggesting that my own behavior was the consequence of instinct.

I am sorry my joke tripped on it's own feet. It's these goddamn eggs that have my feathers ruffled. :(

Silliness aside, we had this conversation a long time ago with Sternwallow. Many of our behaviors are certainly hardwired into our genes. I wish I would dig up the Sternwallow conversation about it.

Damn, I miss him!

Michael 01-20-2015 12:45 AM

Quote:

ahoba wrote (Post 682097)
Michael,
If you say that some origin hens sat on her eggs, you have still not answered my question! Why did some origin hens sit on their eggs? or in general, why did origin hens protect their eggs? what was the feeling link between hens and their eggs?

Why did they protect their eggs? Why do you think? Dangers like environmental factors and predators most likely.

Quote:

Is it clear? See my question is not regarding evolution and ....
Maybe, but the answer is still evolution and natural selection.

Kinich Ahau 01-20-2015 02:04 AM

Quote:

ghoulslime wrote (Post 682115)
Uuuuuuh! :mad:

It was a valid point when you first made it. I was being facetious, suggesting that my own behavior was the consequence of instinct.

I am sorry my joke tripped on it's own feet. It's these goddamn eggs that have my feathers ruffled. :(

Silliness aside, we had this conversation a long time ago with Sternwallow. Many of our behaviors are certainly hardwired into our genes. I wish I would dig up the Sternwallow conversation about it.

Damn, I miss him!

Sorry I didn't get it.

I've been reading a few of the debates from a few years ago. I haven't found that thread yet.

Reading the old threads leaves me in awe of Sterny, such a great mind. Missed very much indeed.

ahoba 01-20-2015 04:10 AM

Quote:

Michael wrote (Post 682119)
Why did they protect their eggs? Why do you think? Dangers like environmental factors and predators most likely.

Michael,
Why did origin hens consider eggs valuable and deserved to protect? Answer me please. What is that feeling link between hens and their eggs??
Hens make nests to lay the eggs. It is strange, isn't it?

It seems they follow instruction.

Look:
1- Hens cannot pass instructions to the chicks before hatching! Right?
2- And also, they cannot pass to them before laying through genes for example since hens did not get the instruction yet. The hens will got it after laying. Am I right, ghoulslime?

The two points reject the trait passing. Mean, the question is still not answered!

Michael 01-20-2015 06:13 AM

Quote:

ahoba wrote (Post 682124)
Michael,
Why did origin hens consider eggs valuable and deserved to protect?

Why do you think? Do you find it difficult to think hens would want to protect their potential offspring?

Quote:

Answer me please. What is that feeling link between hens and their eggs??
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you are trying to ask here.

Quote:

Hens make nests to lay the eggs. It is strange, isn't it?
No. Why do you find it strange?

Quote:

It seems they follow instruction.

Look:
1- Hens cannot pass instructions to the chicks before hatching! Right?
2- And also, they cannot pass to them before laying through genes for example since hens did not get the instruction yet. The hens will got it after laying. Am I right, ghoulslime?

The two points reject the trait passing. Mean, the question is still not answered!
Again, I'm not sure what you're trying to get at. "They cannot pass to them before laying through genes". I've cut you a lot of slack on your writing because I am assuming english is not your first language, but you'll need to have another crack at that one, it's just a little bit too unstructured for me to make out.

Another thing - since it's becoming increasingly obvious you didn't come here to genuinely seek answers and understanding from us but to push an agenda, you will likely see less patience in our answers here, as none of us will put up with that sort of dishonesty for long.

Kinich Ahau 01-20-2015 06:26 AM

Ahoba, please put us out of our misery, the suspense is killing me.:rolleyes:

Davin 01-20-2015 06:35 AM

Did anyone else read the thread title and think it was a setup for a joke?

ahoba 01-20-2015 06:36 AM

Quote:

Another thing - since it's becoming increasingly obvious you didn't come here to genuinely seek answers and understanding from us but to push an agenda, you will likely see less patience in our answers here, as none of us will put up with that sort of dishonesty for long.
You are wrong. I am trying to get the answer from you but unfortunately you seem either not understand or answer in correct way!!

Do not worry we will soon finish.

You says 'Do you find it difficult to think hens would want to protect their potential offspring?'
Good! You mean that the hens know that eggs will hatch and get chicks!

How do they know? What is the difference between their shit and their eggs?

Kinich Ahau 01-20-2015 06:44 AM

.....yes?.....and?

Smellyoldgit 01-20-2015 11:02 AM

My chickens 'know' to not sit on their eggs.
They're unfertilised and I grab them every morning for my brekkie. :angel:

ILOVEJESUS 01-20-2015 11:22 AM

Ill tell you Ahoba. God tells them to do it.......... every night. Only chickens can understand the true word of God. No other animal. They have all the secrets and all the knowledge. I am with you on this one brother. And curse those French fuckwits for occasionaly using chickens in their cartoons....probably.
So in answer, God, or Jesus....sometimes Mohammed....tell all chickens to sit on their eggs and sometimes to shit on them if it is a bit cold.

Michael 01-20-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

ahoba wrote (Post 682135)
You are wrong. I am trying to get the answer from you but unfortunately you seem either not understand or answer in correct way!!

Do not worry we will soon finish.

You says 'Do you find it difficult to think hens would want to protect their potential offspring?'
Good! You mean that the hens know that eggs will hatch and get chicks!

How do they know? What is the difference between their shit and their eggs?

Okay. The problem is, though, that it is very atypical behaviour for someone to come in claiming to be genuinely seeking information, ask a question, then tell the person answering they are answering wrong.

What you seem to want is for us to give you a specific pre-determined answer. This is not seeking information. This is seeking an agenda. We get a lot of people using this method here. You are not the first. We have gotten good at spotting it.

As for the difference between a chicken's poop and it's egg - do you know what a cloaca is? Look it up. Birds pass all of their waste products simultaneously, which is why bird shit usually has a viscous quality. Eggs are not bird shit. I'm sorry, but this is a ridiculous question.

Kate 01-20-2015 02:24 PM

I used to pass a Chicken Killing Store in the Middle East. Lots of chickens waiting to be pulled off their eggs, have their heads stuffed into a bucket and then get it chopped off. Lots of shiny stainless steel, good attempt to make it seem modern and all, but the buckets were pretty low-tech.

I wonder what happened to those eggs? :\