Raving Atheists Forum

Raving Atheists Forum (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Hi there. I Believe in God. (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16743)

Egor 11-09-2011 01:26 AM

Hi there. I Believe in God.

Frankly, I think atheism turns people into monsters--but that's me. Mind you, I had a look at some of the posts in the General Discussion area, and I must say I think you all make my case. Nevertheless, I'm here to do a lot more listening than talking. :silenced:

I'm a longtime veteran of these debates; however, I've been out for a few years, so I'm interested to see how things have changed. I get the feeling there are no longer any theists in this forum, and it looks like the atheists here have lost all ability to actually debate or even discuss the possibility of God's existence.

Be that as it may, I'm writing a book on the subject, so I'm interested in what the modern radical atheist is thinking. I think this is the forum in which to find that out. :thumbsup:

See ya 'round.

E.

Smellyoldgit 11-09-2011 01:49 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 648674)
I believe in God

You have my deepest sympathy - are you taking anything for it?
Quote:

Frankly, I think atheism turns people into monsters--but that's me.
Some of us were monsters to start with -- but that's just me
Quote:

... it looks like the atheists here have lost all ability to actually debate or even discuss the possibility of God's existence.
Why don't you try and come up with something original - give us all a laugh
Quote:

Be that as it may, I'm writing a book on the subject
I'll alert the media.
Have fun.

ILOVEJESUS 11-09-2011 03:55 AM

Wow, we are so in awe of your god hotline lol. Basically anything that challenges your preaching will be seen as being unkind by theists insulted that people aren't blindly following their piss flaps. We just go the whole hog here at times to HELP others understand their hallucinations and make better their lives. All the theists that have been here before yoiu have left faithless. There is a special atheist only deposit here that is full of faith denouncing from theists who have been enlightened. Will you also join your fellow faithettes and learn something from here? Start by saying, "God stinks of fanny cheese", 10 times,when next in church. It helped me. Make sure you aren't there for a wedding though.

Kate 11-09-2011 04:20 AM

Any serious writer doing any serious research would have, ya know, researched. Since you clearly haven't read the gazillion pages here and elsewhere, I call bullshit. We aren't here to spoonfeed your ignorant ass.

What is with these lame "challenges" from theotards? No style whatsoever. :rolleyes:
http://twoweeksonedate.files.wordpre...unting_617.jpg

ghoulslime 11-09-2011 05:35 AM

Well, hello there! The voices in my head tell me that you are all monsters. :rolleyes:

What a charmer this one is! :\

Egor 11-09-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Kate wrote (Post 648686)
Any serious writer doing any serious research would have, ya know, researched. Since you clearly haven't read the gazillion pages here and elsewhere, I call bullshit. We aren't here to spoonfeed your ignorant ass.

What is with these lame "challenges" from theotards? No style whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Spoonfeed? What are you going to teach me? Atheism is by definition ignorance--willful ignorance, at that.

I look at the universe and I wonder how it got here. You look at the universe and you don't wonder at all. It simply is.

I reach out for God; you try to become more and more like an animal. That's why atheists talk about sex and make sexual references to everything and talk about piss and shit (I'm still trying to figure out what a "piss flap" is.). You revel in the basal instincts of the human animal. In reaching out for God, I am striving to become the greatest possible living thing--a human being.

For some reason, atheists hate the idea of a human being. They want humans to be no different than bacteria. Everything is evolution, everything is formed via chaotic chance. You think we eat and drink and mate and then we die--just like insects. You even think your consciousness is a byproduct of biochemical processes in the synapses of your brain.

And you're going to spoonfeed me what? :hand:

Professor Chaos 11-09-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 648702)
Spoonfeed? What are you going to teach me? Atheism is by definition ignorance--willful ignorance, at that.

I look at the universe and I wonder how it got here. You look at the universe and you don't wonder at all. It simply is.

I usually don't engage your kind, but I just had a big lunch and I'm feeling a bit off. Let's start here.

You don't get to make up these type of cute little sayings that to those of you in the <80 club sound so cute and powerful, but when actually scrutinized are the complete opposite of the truth.

One group of people "look[s] at the universe" and "wonder[s]" about it. The other group is spoonfed the story of the universe from an ancient book written by boy-fucking goat-herders that was poorly copy/pasted from other books by other flavors of boy-fucking goat-herders. Willful ignorance? Definition.

Quote:

I reach out for God; you try to become more and more like an animal. That's why atheists talk about sex and make sexual references to everything and talk about piss and shit (I'm still trying to figure out what a "piss flap" is.). You revel in the basal instincts of the human animal. In reaching out for God, I am striving to become the greatest possible living thing--a human being.
I'd call this some kind of false dichotomy, but that would be like explaining to you why birds fly south for the winter even though Alice Cooper isn't his real name.

Quote:

For some reason, atheists hate the idea of a human being. They want humans to be no different than bacteria. Everything is evolution, everything is formed via chaotic chance. You think we eat and drink and mate and then we die--just like insects. You even think your consciousness is a byproduct of biochemical processes in the synapses of your brain.

I love this one.

1.) I'm not smart enuff to understand teh science.
2.) Therefore God exists.

other variant

1.) Evolution is too complex
2.) There must be a simpler answer
3.) A bearded man in the sky created people in their current form 6,000 years ago, planted all kinds of evidence to appear that natural processes created our planet and its lifeforms billions of years ago, stuck around for a few thousand years interacting with the people by repeatedly torturing and killing them, ghost-fucked an underage virgin so he could give birth to himself, grew up and walked around as an arrogant, family-hating prick who tortured pigs and fig trees but said a few nice things here and there, killed himself as a sacrifice to himself by suffering even though he was all-powerful to teach us a lesson about...something involving how we're all born worthless and evil, even though he created us that way.

Irreligious 11-09-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 648702)
Spoonfeed? What are you going to teach me?

You'd have to be educable for us to teach you anything, but you don't appear to be. You've made it clear that you are irrevocably wedded to your unfounded superstitions and anybody else who isn't is a monster, according to you.

Like 99 percent of the theists who come here, what you really want is to vent your hatred at us. And so you are.

We offend you because we will not sucumb to your delusions. But that's your problem, not ours.

Quote:

Egor wrote
Atheism is by definition ignorance--willful ignorance, at that.

Atheism is the lack of belief in a God or gods, because there is nothing that can be known about such an unfounded and ill-defined allegation. You're a liar if you claim otherwise.

Quote:

Egor wrote

You look at the universe and wonder how it got here and then make up something to suit what you are comfortable believing. We look at the universe and also wonder how it got here and acknowledge that we don't know. Those among us who are scientifically literate use that knowledge to conduct genuine inquiry instead of indulging baseless speculation.

Quote:

Egor wrote
I reach out for God; you try to become more and more like an animal.

You are a human animal just like the rest of us, regardless of your claim to reach out to an alleged, unknowable and ill-defined super entity. Doing what you do does not make you anything special amongst the rest of the species.

Quote:

Egor wrote
That's wh atheists talk about sex and make sexual references to everything and talk about piss and shit (I'm still trying to figure out what a "piss flap" is.).

Are you ashamed of being sexual and having to take the occasional piss and shit?

Quote:

Egor wrote
You revel in the basal instincts of the human animal.

And you seem to be fearful of or disgusted by that part of your nature. Why?

Quote:

Egor wrote
In reaching out for God, I am striving to become the greatest possible living thing--a human being.

You don't have to strive to be human when you have no other choice. That's what you are and will be until you are no more. You cannot be a cat or a bear or an alleged god/man, no matter how much you might want to be.

Quote:

Egor wrote
For some reason, atheists hate the idea of a human being.

I think it's you who wants to be something greater than human. After all, you've already admitted that human is not enough for you. You want to become the greatest living thing which, apparently, means something better than the rest of us human beings.

Quote:

Egor wrote
They want humans to be no different than bacteria. Everything is evolution, everything is formed via chaotic chance. You think we eat and drink and mate and then we die--just like insects.

You don't want to die, do you? That's understandable. Nobody really wants to. But that is our fate, regardless, just like it is for bacteria, insects and other animals. We're born, we reproduce (if we're allowed to) and we die. It's what all living things do.

Quote:

Egor wrote
You even think your consciousness is a byproduct of biochemical processes in the synapses of your brain.

Because it is.

Quote:

Egor wrote

You said you came to us for assistance in your alleged research; we didn't seek you out. If we offend you, you're free to leave.

Davin 11-09-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 648674)
Frankly, I think atheism turns people into monsters--but that's me. Mind you, I had a look at some of the posts in the General Discussion area, and I must say I think you all make my case. Nevertheless, I'm here to do a lot more listening than talking. :silenced:

[Penis sizing]

Be that as it may, I'm writing a book on the subject, so I'm interested in what the modern radical atheist is thinking. I think this is the forum in which to find that out. :thumbsup:

See ya 'round.

E.

Since I've become an atheist, my horns have almost fully grown out, my fangs are sharper and even my dick has gotten bigger! Atheism does turn people into monsters!

I'm not only radical, but I'm also a tubular, bodacious, awesome, phat and pretty sweet atheist. So stick around and maybe you'll learn something. But because you claim to be a veteran of these debates and are still a theist, I get the impression that you're beyond learning.

Kate 11-09-2011 12:18 PM

So, Eyegore, since we're all such horrible monsters, are you therefore dedicated to eradicating atheism?

Smellyoldgit 11-09-2011 12:28 PM

I'll wager this jerk has been here before - with a crap, now defunct blog - but I may be wrong.
But he's still a jerk.

nkb 11-09-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Egor wrote (Post 648702)
Atheism is by definition ignorance--willful ignorance, at that.

Wow, two self-awareness lacking theists in one day. How lucky can a guy get?

Egor 11-09-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Kate wrote (Post 648713)
So, Eyegore, since we're all such horrible monsters, are you therefore dedicated to eradicating atheism?

Yes, absolutely. :rock:

Kate 11-09-2011 03:43 PM

You know this guy? He didn't last.

Sternwallow 11-09-2011 03:50 PM

I think I have discovered in the previous posts on this thread a new or at least very seldom mentioned motivation for theism.

We are familiar with the common fear of dying and the related desire to see our enemies sorely punished. There are also darker incentives from the damned book which endorses bad behaviors that some people really desire to do, like killing, mayhem, war, destruction, slavery and genocide.

In this thread has appeared a desire to "transcend" common humanity in order to become somehow greater than human. Seems to me this new motive is none other than "Jesus jealousy".

These people want Jesus to tell them the secret of walking on water, creating food and drink from nothing, restoring life, never dying, flying unassisted, being worshipped by multitudes and, truth be told, cavorting with prostitutes without negative consequences.

It is a perfectly natural animal desire to be the star of the show, the ringmaster, the head honcho, so finding such a primitive trait in this stale flavor of theist is no surprise. The desire to emulate and thus gain the powers of Jesus is naturally simian, rather base and not at all noble.

What price would you pay to be loved and worshipped by the millions just as Jesus is?

What would you give for a free pass to take a bath with Bathsheba after having murdered her husband?