Raving Atheists Forum

Raving Atheists Forum (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/index.php)
-   Open Mic and General Chat (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Are you ready? (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12561)

LEToxin 01-30-2007 07:03 AM

http://www.ccontario2.org/RaptureMED.wmv

:vomit:

My mom shows this shit to my kids.

joni 01-30-2007 08:15 AM

When lightning strikes and a whole shitload of people have disappeared, yer darn tootin' I would believe.

But I'm not going to hold my breath.

HappyNat 01-30-2007 08:51 AM

Quote:

Project Pitchfork-ToXiN wrote
http://www.ccontario2.org/RaptureMED.wmv

:vomit:

My mom shows this shit to my kids.

"6000 years later . . .":lol:

Your mom shows this to your kids? How old are they? I'd be fucking pissed if someone used scare tactics on my kids like that.

LEToxin 01-30-2007 09:08 AM

The 2 that she shows this to are 6 and 8. It's the price I have to pay when I can't take a personal day when one of my kids is sick. They don't really seem too interested in religion thus far.

HappyNat 01-30-2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

The 2 that she shows this to are 6 and 8. It's the price I have to pay when I can't take a personal day when one of my kids is sick. They don't really seem too interested in religion thus far.

At that age it isn't too bad and hopefully they can see through bullshit. I was thinking of 3 or 4 year olds freaking out over that.

Jahrta 01-30-2007 02:48 PM

"behold I am coming quickly"

do you think that's what god said to mary just before he laid the jesus juice on her?

Jahrta 01-30-2007 02:50 PM

Oh, and I'd tell her to leave her goat-fucking retarded religious beliefs to herself. Scare tactics never work on strong-minded people who possess the mental wherewithal to see through bullshit like this. If she does it again I'd make sure it was a damn long time before she got to see them for any extended period of time, and never when I wasn't in the room to monitor (at that age, anyway).

nkb 01-30-2007 02:52 PM

Well, on the plus side, at least you know it is happening, and she's not doing it behind your back.

This way, you can discuss it with your kids, and explain the obvious silliness.

Professor Chaos 01-30-2007 02:54 PM

Quote:

Jahrta wrote
Oh, and I'd tell her to leave her goat-fucking retarded religious beliefs to herself. Scare tactics never work on strong-minded people who possess the mental wherewithal to see through bullshit like this. If she does it again I'd make sure it was a damn long time before she got to see them for any extended period of time, and never when I wasn't in the room to monitor (at that age, anyway).

I had basically that exact conversation with my mother-in-law during Thanksgiving dinner. She asked me if she could start taking my daughter to church. The look on my wife's face was pretty priceless, as she knew my wrath was coming.

It was civil. But the BALLS on that woman. :rolleyes:

anthonyjfuchs 01-30-2007 03:17 PM

Quote:

Professor Chaos wrote
I had basically that exact conversation with my mother-in-law during Thanksgiving dinner. She asked me if she could start taking my daughter to church.

Wow. She actually asked? Upon learning of my choice not to believe her myths, my (step-)mother-in-law announced quite smugly that she would have great fun taking her (step-)grandchild to services. I don't think she quite understands just how vehemently I will fight to keep my children, my own flesh and blood and bone, free from the intellectual dishonesty of religious myths until they are capable of distinguishing reality from fiction.

LEToxin 01-30-2007 04:20 PM

It's not so easy in my case because once my mom finds out that I'm an atheist, it's going to change our relationship forever, but, the more she tries to "teach" my kids about this nonsense, the more that it will force my hand because my children will not be forced into mental slavery. I recently took away the children's bible she bought for them because one day my son asked me why god would kill all of the first born in Egypt when god could've done some other form of punishment. It's simply too confusing for a little one to ponder, but atleast he was on the right track in questioning that barbaric creator.

Livingstrong 01-30-2007 04:52 PM

Quote:

It's not so easy in my case because once my mom finds out that I'm an atheist, it's going to change our relationship forever,

I was 12 when I told my mother I was a lesbian, and she disowned me when I was 15 and kicked me out the house forever, but I didn't care. She lost, I won. Being lesbian or gay is not a crime and neither is being an atheist. If you were my son I would be so proud of you and would accept you no matter what.

It's sad that you think that your mother would change her relationship with you. It shouldn't matter to her what you believe in or what you don't believe in.

LEToxin 02-12-2007 11:46 AM

So my mom asked my son why he wasn't reading his children's bible today, and he told her that we took it away. She asked him why, and he said because of all of the killing. So my mom just emailed my wife....

hi ... chase just said something interesting... he cannot read the bible til he is older......so curious me asks why.. he said all the killing.. well just for your info :) I told him he does not have to read it from cover to cover, he can skip around... it is not a book like that.. yea it is a history book but personally i love the new testament alot.. it covers all the testimonies of when Jesus was walking the earth and the psalms are great poems that were put to music... just thought that i would share that info...

Why oh why must people force their crap down your throat? She doesn't talk to me or my wife about this, but she opens the flood gates when we aren't around. Shit meet fan.

anthonyjfuchs 02-12-2007 11:52 AM

Quote:

Project Pitchfork-ToXiN's mom wrote
"I told him he does not have to read it from cover to cover, he can skip around..."

Fucking buffet-style Christers.

Either it's the word of your fucking god, or it isn't. Not "some of is, but not the bad stuff that makes us uncomfortable." It's a package fucking deal; all, or none.

Tell her I said that.

Eva 02-12-2007 12:19 PM

good argument for when this happens with my in-laws..."all the killings"...
because it WILL happen, eventually...