Raving Atheists Forum

Raving Atheists Forum (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/index.php)
-   Open Mic and General Chat (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Posts that don't deserve threads, Volume II (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16909)

Smellyoldgit 04-23-2012 06:16 AM

Posts that don't deserve threads, Volume II

Ever feel like asking a stupid question, posting a link to a silly news story, or making a random observation, but didn't really want to start a thread on such a trite subject?

Use this thread for more of your random musings.

Marmite is a residual product of the brewing process which is probably why I love the black gold so much! :thumbsup:

Tyler 04-23-2012 06:28 AM

last night at Target my 16 month old son started screaming the word gun at the top of his lungs in the crowded checkout line.

clambake 04-23-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Smellyoldgit wrote (Post 663984)

Marmite is a residual product of the brewing process which is probably why I love the black gold so much! :thumbsup:

For shits and grins (and because I just so happened to be shopping at one of the few places that stock it) I picked up a jar last week. It is ... interesting. Actually I think it does have some potential but it definitely needs to be paired with something. Spread with butter on bread isn't quite it though.

Got any suggestions for consumption Smelly?

Davin 04-23-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

clambake wrote (Post 663995)
For shits and grins (and because I just so happened to be shopping at one of the few places that stock it) I picked up a jar last week. It is ... interesting. Actually I think it does have some potential but it definitely needs to be paired with something. Spread with butter on bread isn't quite it though.

I hear that through the nose is the quickest way to feel the effects.

Professor Chaos 04-23-2012 10:23 AM

Did something happen to the first thread?

Smellyoldgit 04-23-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Oh, just a few thousand! Try these for starters.

Or of course, the old favourites;
Grilled cheese on toast + Marmite
Any style of egg on toast + Marmite
Beans on toast + Marmite
Methinks I see a pattern .....

Marmite Chocolate
Marmite beer & pickle perfume

http://schamael.files.wordpress.com/...4709a7e8ce.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_L_xtQKmEeW...0/P1011523.JPG

Smellyoldgit 04-23-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Professor Chaos wrote (Post 663999)
Did something happen to the first thread?

It's still there as a sticky, but it's been suggested that some of the huge threads with loads of hotlinks could be one of the reasons for some slow page loads. Volume II is one way of testing this. If it makes no difference, I might have to turn to drink!

Stargazer 04-23-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Smellyoldgit wrote (Post 664001)
It's still there as a sticky, but it's been suggested that some of the huge threads with loads of hotlinks could be one of the reasons for some slow page loads. Volume II is one way of testing this. If it makes no difference, I might have to turn to drink!

:cheers:

Stargazer 04-23-2012 02:29 PM

Could it also be that some of the other huge threads are contributing? Like Ex's thread, for example?

Smellyoldgit 04-23-2012 02:34 PM

Could be - so it's a good opportunity for everybody to ignore and not keep quoting the idiot so only ex-brain suffers the poor speeds on his own thread!

Stargazer 04-23-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Smellyoldgit wrote (Post 664008)
Could be - so it's a good opportunity for everybody to ignore and not keep quoting the idiot so only ex-brain suffers the poor speeds on his own thread!

The end result being Ex talking to himself?

Smellyoldgit 04-23-2012 04:34 PM

Oooo, the thought never crossed my mind - but now you mention it ....

Stargazer 04-23-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Smellyoldgit wrote (Post 664015)
Oooo, the thought never crossed my mind - but now you mention it ....

Of course. (wink, wink)

Kate 04-23-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Smellyoldgit wrote (Post 664008)
...not keep quoting...

not keep quoting

not keep quoting

:\

Huh.

You mean quoting in every post, even if what you're responding to is, I dunno, like, THE IMMEDIATE LAST POST, may be part of what increases the size of the thread exponentially and slows it down?

Srlsy?

Who'd've thought it.

psychodiva 04-24-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Peanut butter and marmite- NOM!

only not that shit Jif crap - I mean REAL peanut butter- whole nut, fresh, savoury- not sweet

also marmite and cheese sarnies are NOM!

also- they have brought out a marmite cheese :D