Raving Atheists Forum

Raving Atheists Forum (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/index.php)
-   Comments, Suggestions (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I Nominate Tenspace for Mod (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7975)

Rhinoqulous 10-03-2005 08:18 AM

I posted this elsewhere, but it should have it's own thread, so here it is again...

As our Mods are MIA, we need a new mod (at least temporarily) to keep the spammers and trolls at bay. I nominate Tenspace for the position. If anyone has a problem with this (like you, Ten, if you don't want to do it), speak up, otherwise I'll email the RA this afternoon asking him to set it up.

Rhinoq

Jennifer 10-03-2005 08:19 AM

A Great Choice. Withteeth would also be a great choice.

ProveIt 10-04-2005 08:51 AM

What does the Mod do exactly? Do they get special powers? Do they become all knowing as well? Or do they just have the power to plant a swift kick in the ass when booting the dumb asses out the door?

ghoulslime 10-04-2005 08:54 AM

Tenspace is one of the few adults on this forum - it seems like a reasonable idea to me!

ProveIt 10-04-2005 09:03 AM

Now all we need is Chewy's approval and it will be unanimous... (at least from the meanie meanie side...lol)

Rhinoqulous 10-04-2005 09:14 AM

Ten said he'd do it, and I emailed the RA, so hopefully we'll soon have a new Mod to banish all our new trolls from the forum.

Ickybod 10-04-2005 09:42 AM

Three cheers for TenSpace! Hip-hip hooray! Hip-hip hooray! Hip-hip hooray! Hip-hip hooray!

That's not four cheers! What are you on crack??? Do I look like a damned christian who doens't know nothing? Me very educated :D

ProveIt 10-04-2005 09:54 AM

Quote:

Rhinoqulous wrote
Ten said he'd do it, and I emailed the RA, so hopefully we'll soon have a new Mod to banish all our new trolls from the forum.

Trolls are copy and pasters? Or?? It's not the theists right? They are fun to dispute... but only when they use their own words...

PanAtheist 10-04-2005 10:45 AM

There are many species of trolls!
And their are different views amongst forum-users, as to their acceptability/inacceptability, interest/inanity, amusement/disamusement.
And so an individual is elected to be the executive-who-decides-and-executes!

[For me, the recent troll rampage has drastically reduced fun had.
Happily there has been some excellent and fun posting happening as well.
Yet finding them has, for me, been like searching for live'uns in a war zone.]

ghoulslime 10-04-2005 11:05 AM

Quote:

ProveIt wrote
Now all we need is Chewy's approval and it will be unanimous... (at least from the meanie meanie side...lol)

:o:o:o the meanie meanie side! That hurts my feelings! :(

ProveIt 10-04-2005 11:28 AM

Quote:

ghoulslime wrote
Quote:

ProveIt wrote

:o:o:o the meanie meanie side! That hurts my feelings! :(

Did I mention you specifically??? Were your ears burning? Maybe I meant Rhinoq and Archy... (I didn't mean Rhinoq and Archy... hehehe) Just playing G - I know you're not mean... and I really don't intend to be mean myself... Just thicker skinned I guess... More apt to play.

Tenspace 10-05-2005 07:27 AM

Wow, I'm honored to be selected. Guess I'll have to rent a tux for the coronation. :D

I'm on vacation this week, which explains the dearth of my postings. However, if I am selected Mod, I will continue to uphold the openness and freedom of this board. Banning will be reserved for those that cross the spam phase transition, or make actual threats (listening, Katia?) against others.

I might even see if RA will give us a special new topic, kinda like a cage, where we can keep Katia and Carico and their ilk. This way we can continue to observe them without having the boards stuffed with random calls to salvation.

Just a few thoughts.

Philboid Studge 10-05-2005 07:34 AM

Quote:

Tenspace wrote
Wow, I'm honored to be selected. Guess I'll have to rent a tux for the coronation. :D

I'm on vacation this week, which explains the dearth of my postings. However, if I am selected Mod, I will continue to uphold the openness and freedom of this board. Banning will be reserved for those that cross the spam phase transition, or make actual threats (listening, Katia?) against others.

I might even see if RA will give us a special new topic, kinda like a cage, where we can keep Katia and Carico and their ilk. This way we can continue to observe them without having the boards stuffed with random calls to salvation.

Just a few thoughts.

I think a cage is an excellent idea. We need to study the theists, and determine if we can extract nutrients from them or harvest healthy organs, assuming we find any (Dibs on the stem cells!).

Meanwhile, I look forward to seeing Tenspace drunk with power. Absolutely!

Ickybod 10-05-2005 08:02 AM

It seems to me that we only need 2 forums. The 'Atheist/Theist Debate' and the 'General Discussion' section. The 'Atheist/Theist Debate' section should be reserved for people trying to save our souls with strong debates that god is real - that's the same as the 'Does God Exist' forum anyway. And the 'General Discussion' section should stay much like the way it is now where people can talk about anything including news and morality. Seems a lot simpler that way.

Jennifer 10-05-2005 08:04 AM

Quote:

ArchyDeluxe wrote
It seems to me that we only need 2 forums.

I think three. One more for Athiest/Atheist discussion that is on the topic of Atheism.