Raving Atheists Forum

Raving Atheists Forum (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sciences (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Evolution: Gender Cannot Be Explained (http://ravingatheists.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14637)

Missionary 07-02-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Mog wrote (Post 503538)
I hate to tell you this, but your very scripture may be corrupted. Again, you have selective skepticism.

That's an Enlightenment cop-out denial coping mechanism.

Quote:

Mog wrote (Post 503538)
Science done right is less corruptable than the scripture since its tested by millions of scientists, none of which have a common agenda.

Whereas, the people who wrote scripture has a very clear agenda, to spread itself as wide as possible.

Ask Dawkins and Harris if science has an agenda. Science Must Destroy Religion

Scripture obviously has an agenda to declare God's Word...that's a no brainer.

DrunkMonkey 07-02-2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503537)
However, as it turns out, circumcision has health benefits. Now, that's not something iron age desert wandering goat herders could have possibly known.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/circumcision/PR00040

Lets see:
Quote:

benefits aren't strong enough to recommend routine circumcision for all male newborns
Quote:

Easier hygiene. Circumcision makes it easy to wash the penis although it's simple to clean an uncircumcised penis, too.
Quote:

Decreased risk of urinary tract infections. The risk of urinary tract infections in the first year is low, but these infections may be up to 10 times as common in uncircumcised baby boys. Severe infections early in life can lead to kidney problems later on.
And yet the actual risk is still incredibly small. Not to mention, circumcision appears to result in a HIGHER risk of UTIs later in life. (J Epidemiol Biostat 2001;6(2):211-8)
Quote:

Prevention of penile problems. Occasionally, the foreskin on an uncircumcised penis may be difficult or impossible to retract (phimosis). This can also lead to inflammation of the head of the penis.
Wiki:
Quote:

Particularly in the middle of the Twentieth Century, some physicians promoted routine neonatal circumcision to avoid phimosis.[3] While circumcision prevents phimosis, at least 10 to 20 infants must be circumcised to prevent each case of potential phimosis according to some incidence statistics. If one believes even lower phimosis incidence estimates, far more must be circumcised to prevent each case of phimosis. While some still promote this view, most pediatricians do not considered it a compelling argument for routine neonatal circumcision.[6]
Quote:

Decreased risk of penile cancer. Although cancer of the penis is rare, it's less common in circumcised men.
From Wiki:
Quote:

The American Medical Association and the Royal Australasian College of Physicians say the use of infant circumcision in hope of preventing penile cancer in adulthood is not justified.[6][7]
Quote:

Decreased risk of sexually transmitted diseases. Safe sexual practices remain essential, but circumcised men may have a slightly lower risk of certain sexually transmitted diseases including HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.
And yet HIV didn't exist when they started doing it. How smart they were.

Mog 07-02-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503540)
That's an Enlightenment cop-out denial coping mechanism.

Ask Dawkins and Harris if science has an agenda. Science Must Destroy Religion

Scripture obviously has an agenda to declare God's Word...that's a no brainer.

Thats not an agenda, thats a conclusion that can be reached by hearing your bullshit. In any case, Dawkins and Harris obviously don't speak for all scientists.

Actually, the no brainer is that scripture obviously has an agenda to spread a religion. There is no evidence that it is actually God's word that you're spreading.

AS far as I'm concerned, you are the one that is employing enlightenment denial coping mechanisms, by not investigating whether your religious experiences really are metaphysical in nature.

DrunkMonkey 07-02-2008 09:32 PM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503539)
"About 1,000 potential incidents of fabrication, falsification or plagiarism in scientific research go unreported every year, according to a survey that suggests such misconduct is far more prevalent than suspected."

"NIH research grants support an estimated 155,000 scientists. Extrapolating the survey results, the researchers estimated that the 201 instances of misconduct over three years translated into about 1,000 cases of fraud that go unreported to government or institutional officials. Research fraud happens even though the scientific community uses measures such as replicating original research, and evaluating it through a peer review system, said James Wells, a study author and director of research policy at the University of Wisconsin-Madison."

Is that what you're banking on? Self-regulation and policing? How's that working out in every other organizational body known to mankind?

You think ethics is spotless in science for some reason?

1,000 estimated incedents divided by 3 years divided by 155,000 scientists is about 0.00215 cases per scientist per year. How many of these do you think are important? Of those, how many do you think weren't noticed by someone else? Please give an example of something you think a fraudulent scientist has gotten away with. I would contend that the most important subjects have more people working on them and thus are more likely to be double-checked (triple-checked, etc).

Obviously the ethics are not spotless, but science does the best job of finding out what is true and what is not. You are trying to exaggerate this to say that evolution could be wrong. This is like not getting a toy in your Happy Meal leading you to claim that the toys in Happy Meals do not exist and are a fraud perpetrated by a greedy corporation.

calpurnpiso 07-02-2008 09:42 PM

Missionary wrote:

""About 1,000 potential incidents of fabrication, falsification or plagiarism in scientific research go unreported every year, according to a survey that suggests such misconduct is far more prevalent than suspected."

hey retard go back to the 5th century when the FIRST BIBLE ( Vulgate) was written. Read it retard then you'll see fabrication, falsification & plagiarism of the 5000 year old BOOK OF THE DEAD. The original you can see in the Tomb of King Unas.

There is NOTHING written in the Bible that is NOT contained in the BofD. You lose retard. The PROOF is written in stone......5000 year old stone walls in he tomb. Your bible is a pile of plagiarized excreta. This makes you a deluded fool.

Missionary 07-02-2008 10:15 PM

Quote:

Mog wrote (Post 503542)
Thats not an agenda, thats a conclusion that can be reached by hearing your bullshit. In any case, Dawkins and Harris obviously don't speak for all scientists.

*gasp*...What? Are you serious? He's a SCIENTIST you know. Dawkins is a Professor too and not some assistant prof. coffee maker/fetcher, bunsen burner technician either.

You mean, you can DISMISS the official scientific opinion of a SCIENTIST?!?!? How can SCIENCE be so subjective and relative?? Can ANY scientist's opinions be subjectively dismissed so easily or is there a filter of some sort?

Can we just pick and choose the ones we like best that fit our models?

Mog 07-02-2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503549)
*gasp*...What? Are you serious? He's a SCIENTIST you know. Dawkins is a Professor too and not some assistant prof. coffee maker/fetcher, bunsen burner technician either.

You mean, you can DISMISS the official scientific opinion of a SCIENTIST?!?!? How can SCIENCE be so subjective and relative?? Can ANY scientist's opinions be subjectively dismissed so easily or is there a filter of some sort?

Can we just pick and choose the ones we like best that fit our models?

Are you making the claim that Science must destroy Religion is a Scientific Opinion?

If Dawkins states that I should vote for John McCain, would you call that a Scientific Opinion?

Does Dawkins use the scientific method or study papers in any way to validate this "Scientific Opinion"?

And seriously "Official Scientific Opinion"? Do you think Dawkins carries a stamp or something that he puts on everything he writes so its official?

Well, I suppose the Pope probably does something like that, but Religion operates much differently from science I'd say.

Rocketman the Sequel 07-02-2008 10:32 PM

but you dont seem anything like the other christians who frequent this place...noooo...see that's the key oh vacuous one--human beings while on a micro level seem to be different and unique generally fall into the same patterns given a wide enough view. That's what makes it so easy for any number of con artists to oh---write down a bunch of shit that seems to apply and then have you limited fools follow it as if it was --well--gospel.

it is all the same shit as your daily fucking horoscope--a statement that can be interpreted in any number of ways...as so is--but only by the gullible

just like your book...

write enough shit down and something will eventually apply. That's why you memorize tracts righto have something to say instead of an honest response?

but please, by all means keep posting. You probably don't get that we have had huge numbers of people just like you who start out the same way---"hey you atheists haven't ever thought of this..."

Then you move to the comments about our rudeness and oh the raving nature of our posts...

then onto the faux pity passive aggressive give and take --you know the--"oh valid point too bad you are acting like a five year old..."

Perhaps a diversion into pointing out spelling mistakes...

then into the histrionic dispair...

then the holier than thou christian soldier taking the slings and arrows but stll holding fast to your precious ideals--all the way down the chute into your own brand of defensive exaggeration and increasing fundamentalism until you finally demonstrate that what you are is not , in fact, a follower of the prince of peace...

but just another holier than thou wingnut who couldn't compete in an actual struggle and so needs to use the invented character trait of piety and faith to attempt to trump reason and study and knowledge.

Predictable?

Whose fucking predictable here friend?

you honestly could change your name with any number of believers here and it would all look almost completely the same.

And I'm not talking once or twice--or one or two other members--I mean half of the christers who show up follow your path.

And for what? An obvious infantile desire to have daddy take care of you for the rest of your life.

The good king.

The eternal papa

big brother

chairman yahweh.

grow up would you?

Barney 07-02-2008 10:44 PM

Quote:

1) Adam wasn't aware that he had no companion or a need until he named the animals. It wasn't an afterthought for God, but a lesson for Adam.

2) Foreskins aren't sinful. All biblical covenants require the shedding of blood. You have to admit, if the mark of the covenant was to simply pin prick your finger, any poser could pretend to be in on the deal. You have to sacrifice to cutting at your wanker with a sharp stone.

However, as it turns out, circumcision has health benefits. Now, that's not something iron age desert wandering goat herders could have possibly known.

The sand and star reference by God is obviously figurative. You also forgot that in addition to Issac, Abraham fathered Ishmael; the patriarch to all the modern day Arab people groups. You also failed to consider that your figure of 15 million is current. How many Hebrews have lived throughout history? How many Arab people groups over the last 4000 years?

Can you number them all? Well, that's what God told Abraham, his descendents can't be numbered.

OK. So Adam after naming one animal a second as they paraded past him in a continual stream spent 115 days twenty four seven naming them all.
Arrdavark Check ,polar Bear Check, Moray eel Check, in that time he wasnt getting in the slightest bit horney. His nuts were producing no sinful spillage. God however was aware that he had no companion, and was waiting for Adam to finish naming the Zebra before giving him one. Makes total sense. Thanks.

I wont add to the ton of litriture that proves slashing your todger is a bad thing. I'll just say 1) its insane 2) its pagan blood spilling fun 3) Yahweh is a fucking loon if he wants it 4) You agree then that if failing to butcher your tackle is bad in Gods eyes, then Adam wasa sinner. Perhaps God created the foreskin to be cut off? Its a kind of appendix. Another useless organ created by the perfect creator.

Single Serving Jack 07-03-2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503453)
I don't assume the existence of God. He intervened in my life...showed up one day. I had a God encounter and He saved me. Gave me eternal life and His Holy Spirit. Transformed my life. Now I have a relationship with Him.

Well this is what I want to hear about. All the bullshit you spout on this forum comes as a direct result of this supposed 'encounter' with God. How did God manifest itself? What did it say to you? How can you be sure (100% certain) it wasn't Satan, or some other supernatural being? How can you be sure (100% certain) the experience couldn't possibly have an alternative explanation?

Irreligious 07-03-2008 12:43 AM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503407)
That's what I said. Try reading instead of reading into.

But no, there's no assumption except on your part. You assume there is no Creator while I know for certain there is. Now, sciences denial of a the Creator is a relatively new position. In fact, most all of the scientists throughout history looked at scientific knowledge and discovery just as I do.

So, get it straight and don't be trying to rewrite the history books.

No, you did not say what I posted. I said science does not even address the assumption of your creator. In other words, science assumes nothing, nada, el zippo, where your alleged creator is concerned. It's your assumption, after all.

What the hell is science supposed to say about an allegedly invisible, immaterial and, let us not forget, "supernatural" entity. Science deals with the natural world. The thing you describe cannot be verified by any known method that science employs. That is the very reason why science does not address it. As a concept, even, it is completely untestifiable.

Even if science ran with your assumption, can science even begin to explain how this alleged creator allegedly worked its magic, whether it used its invisible hands to fashion the universe or sneezed it out of its invisible nostrils? If science were to assume the existence of a creator God, is science in any position to say how Goddidit? Are you? The pope? Pat Robertson? See, a major component of the scientific method is figuring out how things work.

Now, you keep saying you know for certain that there is this thing you call a creator Capital "G" God. However, even you, o great one, are utterly incapable of demonstrating its existence in any objective manner. You can't even properly describe what it is. What the hell is it? What are its properties? Of what is an immaterial substance composed? How can such an alleged thing exist?

You claim it communicates. Well, how is that possible if it's invisible, inaudible, immaterial and otherwise undetectable by use of our five senses? How are you able to apprehend it? How could you or anyone with only five senses possibly know its alleged mind, know its will, its likes and dislikes? How? The best you have offered, so far, is some lame homing pigeon "theory" that, frankly, is nothing more than assertion sans explanation. Where in the brain is this alleged homing device located? How exactly does an immaterial entity interact with it?

Can you explain the mechanics behind any your claims? Break it down for us. If you can't, then hyperlink to a source that can. Again, I'm not interested in blanket assertions. I want to know how you know what you claim to know.

Choobus 07-03-2008 12:44 AM

why bother?

VladTheImpaler 07-03-2008 12:49 AM

11th Foundational Falsehood of Creationism

This guy is awsome.

VladTheImpaler 07-03-2008 12:51 AM

Quote:

I don't assume the existence of God. He intervened in my life...showed up one day. I had a God encounter and He saved me. Gave me eternal life and His Holy Spirit. Transformed my life. Now I have a relationship with Him.

So what makes you so important and dear to God that he grants you this miracle yet leaves me totally out of the loop?

Does God hate me? :(

Irreligious 07-03-2008 12:56 AM

Quote:

Choobus wrote (Post 503576)
why bother?

Because I want him to stop asserting (he's done enough of that) and start explaining. It's only fair, since he demands it of science. If Missionary knows so much about the alleged supernatural, it's time for him to start backing up his shit and explain the rigorous method by which he is able to divine the alleged supernatural.

Single Serving Jack 07-03-2008 01:08 AM

Quote:

why bother?

What Irr just said, but also I'd add that personally I want to find out what kind of mental aberration this guy had that turned him into a dribbling freak-for-Jebus. I find the whole self-delusion thing interesting. His whole life is now based around this one event, everything he sees, does, says and thinks has been taken over by it. I'm waiting to find out just what kind of ordinary run-of-the-mill religious 'experience' I fully expect this poor sap had.

Riddler 07-03-2008 03:24 AM

Quote:

Re 'why did God create two sexes?', Missionary wrote (Post 503385)
Adam and Eve? Real simple. Unity of oneness. Together a man and wife become one whole person, procreate, thus they complete their purpose to illustrate the image of God.

So when, for example, Mrs & Mrs Platypus procreate in exactly the same way, what are they illustrating?

Professor Chaos 07-03-2008 05:47 AM

Quote:

why bother?

One of the great mysteries of the universe. I can't understand it either.

zer0 07-03-2008 08:18 AM

Quote:

1) However, as it turns out, circumcision has health benefits. Now, that's not something iron age desert wandering goat herders could have possibly known.

Besides the mountains of benefits of being intact, the last thing I would subject a newborn baby of mine to is immediate surgery and 10 days of pain, puss and scabs on his dick. There are documented cases of newborns being oxygen deprived during the procedure, severely brain damaged and worse.

Face it, circumcision is a barbaric, religious ritual, that made the baboons of ancient Palestine feel closer to some sky daddy they were told about to keep them in line. Why it is still practiced today, especially in modern medical facilities makes no fucking sense what-so-ever.

As for "being in on the deal", that's the lamest excuse I've ever heard to butcher a baby boy's penis. He doesn't even know if he wants to be in on the deal yet.

Irreligious 07-03-2008 08:59 AM

Quote:

Riddler wrote (Post 503585)
So when, for example, Mrs & Mrs Platypus procreate in exactly the same way, what are they illustrating?

Maybe he's saying God looks like a small, aquatic, egg-laying monotreme with webbed feet, a tail like a beaver's and a sensitive bill resembling a duck's. OK, I stole that definition off the Internet, but wouldn't that make for a cute God?

Riddler 07-03-2008 09:12 AM

Quote:

mayoclinic.com wrote
Circumcision may have health benefits, including:
  • Easier hygiene. Circumcision makes it easy to wash the penis although it's simple to clean an uncircumcised penis, too.

I for one have never had any trouble keeping my uncut penis clean. I learned how to use soap and water at an early age. and I don't know how it is with other parents, but mine never had any worries that pulling the skin back might cause me to become auto-aroused.

Quote:

Decreased risk of urinary tract infections.
Quote:

The risk of urinary tract infections in the first year is low, but these infections may be up to 10 times as common in uncircumcised baby boys. Severe infections early in life can lead to kidney problems later on.
I haven't done the homework on this, but whenever I see 'may be' in a list of supposed facts, I question whether the exponent has done so too. Then there's 'up to' as used on store 'sale' promos. 'Up to 50% off', requires only one or two items to be 50% off; the rest could have a negligible reduction, or even none at all, and the sale notice will be legal.

Quote:

Prevention of penile problems. Occasionally, the foreskin on an uncircumcised penis may be difficult or impossible to retract (phimosis). This can also lead to inflammation of the head of the penis.
Fair enough. I remember being checked for this at a medical. I have no problem with body parts being removed if there's some identified problem with them.

Quote:

Decreased risk of penile cancer. Although cancer of the penis is rare, it's less common in circumcised men.
Foot cancer is rare too, and it's much less common in people who've had both legs amputated. Point being . . .what?

Quote:

Decreased risk of sexually transmitted diseases. Safe sexual practices remain essential, but circumcised men may have a slightly lower risk of certain sexually transmitted diseases including HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.
Isn't it better to just avoid unsafe sex with multiple partners? I thought that was generally the Judeo-Christian line on such matters. Surely, these provisional measures are just facilitating sinful behaviour and delaying His inevitable Wrath?

Quote:

The drawbacks
Quote:

Circumcision also has drawbacks, including. . .
So, it may have benefits (see above), but it does have drawbacks. that's a very honest bit of apologetic copy, but it's not much of a sales pitch for overruling God's design by slicing off a slab of a boy's 'god-given' anatomy, is it?

Missionary 07-03-2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Rocketman the Sequel wrote (Post 503553)
but you dont seem anything like the other christians who frequent this place...noooo...see that's the key oh vacuous one--human beings while on a micro level seem to be different and unique generally fall into the same patterns given a wide enough view. That's what makes it so easy for any number of con artists to oh---write down a bunch of shit that seems to apply and then have you limited fools follow it as if it was --well--gospel.

it is all the same shit as your daily fucking horoscope--a statement that can be interpreted in any number of ways...as so is--but only by the gullible

just like your book...

write enough shit down and something will eventually apply. That's why you memorize tracts righto have something to say instead of an honest response?

but please, by all means keep posting. You probably don't get that we have had huge numbers of people just like you who start out the same way---"hey you atheists haven't ever thought of this..."

Then you move to the comments about our rudeness and oh the raving nature of our posts...

then onto the faux pity passive aggressive give and take --you know the--"oh valid point too bad you are acting like a five year old..."

Perhaps a diversion into pointing out spelling mistakes...

then into the histrionic dispair...

then the holier than thou christian soldier taking the slings and arrows but stll holding fast to your precious ideals--all the way down the chute into your own brand of defensive exaggeration and increasing fundamentalism until you finally demonstrate that what you are is not , in fact, a follower of the prince of peace...

but just another holier than thou wingnut who couldn't compete in an actual struggle and so needs to use the invented character trait of piety and faith to attempt to trump reason and study and knowledge.

Predictable?

Whose fucking predictable here friend?

you honestly could change your name with any number of believers here and it would all look almost completely the same.

And I'm not talking once or twice--or one or two other members--I mean half of the christers who show up follow your path.

And for what? An obvious infantile desire to have daddy take care of you for the rest of your life.

The good king.

The eternal papa

big brother

chairman yahweh.

grow up would you?

Project much? I at least hope you feel better getting it all out.

Missionary 07-03-2008 09:27 AM

Quote:

Barney wrote (Post 503555)
OK. So Adam after naming one animal a second as they paraded past him in a continual stream spent 115 days twenty four seven naming them all.
Arrdavark Check ,polar Bear Check, Moray eel Check, in that time he wasnt getting in the slightest bit horney. His nuts were producing no sinful spillage. God however was aware that he had no companion, and was waiting for Adam to finish naming the Zebra before giving him one. Makes total sense. Thanks.

I wont add to the ton of litriture that proves slashing your todger is a bad thing. I'll just say 1) its insane 2) its pagan blood spilling fun 3) Yahweh is a fucking loon if he wants it 4) You agree then that if failing to butcher your tackle is bad in Gods eyes, then Adam wasa sinner. Perhaps God created the foreskin to be cut off? Its a kind of appendix. Another useless organ created by the perfect creator.

So based on your expert medical opinion you disagree with the Mayo Clinic? I see...

zer0 07-03-2008 09:51 AM

Barbarism, Butchery, Torture of a newborn.

Missionary 07-03-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Irreligious wrote (Post 503575)
You claim it communicates. Well, how is that possible if it's invisible, inaudible, immaterial and otherwise undetectable by use of our five senses? How are you able to apprehend it? How could you or anyone with only five senses possibly know its alleged mind, know its will, its likes and dislikes? How? The best you have offered, so far, is some lame homing pigeon "theory" that, frankly, is nothing more than assertion sans explanation. Where in the brain is this alleged homing device located? How exactly does an immaterial entity interact with it?

Can you explain the mechanics behind any your claims? Break it down for us. If you can't, then hyperlink to a source that can. Again, I'm not interested in blanket assertions. I want to know how you know what you claim to know.

Here's some info that may help out. Whether you read it is up to you.

Hearing and Listening to God's Voice:

Developing a Conversational Relationship With God
How To Listen to God
Hearing God
Hearing and Recognizing God's Voice
Hearing God's Voice - Are You Ready to Listen?

A Few Short God Encounters

What's Your Salvation Testimony
Testimonies

The thing to remember is that the manner, mechanism, or method is different for every person. If you read the bible you'll see how God called and appeared to different people in a way that they would see and recognize.

So, how exactly God makes His encounter known is irrelevant to the fact that He MAKES IT KNOWN that it is HIM. That part of it is identical across the board and is undeniable when it happens. In other words, ALL doubt is crushed and replaced with 100% certainty. The fact that it doesn't stop there but continues in relationship and conversation is the ultimate assurance.

The reason many people's faith is so unflappable is because of the relationship. You can't sink that ship with anything. I mean, even if for some reason I wanted to walk away now I couldn't knowing what I know.

Missionary 07-03-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

zer0 wrote (Post 503669)

The only way that link could be any less credible is if it admitted to being an Atheist Anti-Circumcision site. haha

Philboid Studge 07-03-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503671)
So, how exactly God makes His encounter known is irrelevant to the fact that He MAKES IT KNOWN that it is HIM. That part of it is identical across the board and is undeniable when it happens. In other words, ALL doubt is crushed and replaced with 100% certainty. The fact that it doesn't stop there but continues in relationship and conversation is the ultimate assurance.

The reason many people's faith is so unflappable is because of the relationship. You can't sink that ship with anything. I mean, even if for some reason I wanted to walk away now I couldn't knowing what I know.

Er, wouldn't this mean that all your blathering here (not to mention missionary work in the world at large) is rather pointless?

If your Invisible Friend is going to eventually activate the homing beacons in our brains, thereby erasing any trace of skepticism, what purpose do you serve here now? You're about as useful as a "compass" given to slaves about to board ships for the Middle Passage.

Kate 07-03-2008 11:12 AM

http://img256.echo.cx/img256/5717/jesus0vl.jpg

zer0 07-03-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503672)
The only way that link could be any less credible is if it admitted to being an Atheist Anti-Circumcision site. haha

Says the guy that has referenced wikipedia thinking it is the end-all-be-all for information on any topic. Pay attention to the content, not where its hosted. Did you miss the pictures of a bloody baby dick?

zer0 07-03-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503671)
Here's some info that may help out. Whether you read it is up to you.

Hearing and Listening to God's Voice:

Developing a Conversational Relationship With God
How To Listen to God
Hearing God
Hearing and Recognizing God's Voice
Hearing God's Voice - Are You Ready to Listen?

A Few Short God Encounters

What's Your Salvation Testimony
Testimonies

The thing to remember is that the manner, mechanism, or method is different for every person. If you read the bible you'll see how God called and appeared to different people in a way that they would see and recognize.

Your links are incredibly credible. I'm saved now... I'm talking to Jeebus Christ and daddy. They saved me... zomg! Me and G are chillin now, watching the game, having a beer... he's pissing me off tho, he knows how its gonna end... talking to god sucks dick... he's needs a spoiler alert warning or something.

Single Serving Jack 07-03-2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

Single Serving Jack wrote (Post 503574)
Well this is what I want to hear about. All the bullshit you spout on this forum comes as a direct result of this supposed 'encounter' with God. How did God manifest itself? What did it say to you? How can you be sure (100% certain) it wasn't Satan, or some other supernatural being? How can you be sure (100% certain) the experience couldn't possibly have an alternative explanation?

C'mon Mish! Tell me all about your 'encounter' with God! Did he phone you up and then arrange to meet in a pub that evening? Did you bump into him at the cinema when you both went to see The Exorcist? Were you in an alcohol/drug/sex fueled fug, spiraling into self-destruction when he rang your doorbell? What's the story dude?

Kate 07-03-2008 11:45 AM

http://tizersoze.files.wordpress.com...-the-phone.jpg

Irreligious 07-03-2008 11:48 AM

So, I asked you how and all you can tell me is that the question is irrelevant, Missionary? It's pretty much what I expected from you or anyone purporting to know things they can't really know. If you don't know what the hell you're talking about, all you can do is evade, obfuscate and assert without explaining. You've demonstrated that beautifully. Congratulations.

zer0 07-03-2008 11:51 AM

I friggin love the word 'obfuscate'. You just made my day irreligous!

Irreligious 07-03-2008 11:56 AM

No prob, zer0. I don't always aim straight, but I do aim to please. ;)

Sternwallow 07-03-2008 12:05 PM

Quote:

So that is what you say that you think. Now, why should anyone else think that you are not deluded, mistaken or lying. Your word is not good enough. I wouldn't believe you if you said you were hungry. You have no credibility.

However God* molested you, it is not objective evidence so you did not improve your case or God's by saying it. In fact, you make God* look like a schmuck.

Sternwallow 07-03-2008 12:14 PM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503520)
1)Obviously for procreation.
2)That was a covenant made with Abraham

If it was a good covenant, why was Adam denied its benefits? If is was a bad covenant, why did God* inflict it on poor Abraham?

You should know that a covenant or contract with God* is not possible even though a miracle, because it is unilateral. It is an edict by God*, not a mutual agreement.

If God* promises to always do XXXX and later fails miserably (as the Bible records in many instances), what do you do, take him to court?

Sternwallow 07-03-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503521)
So you deny the the complete lack of any evidence in regards to evolutionary sexual reproduction?

We agree with your denial of understanding of the simplest biological facts.

Rocketman the Sequel 07-03-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503663)
Project much? I at least hope you feel better getting it all out.

Yes thank you for asking I do feel better.

Now as for you a nice laxative might help--

if you put it in your ear.

Philboid Studge 07-03-2008 12:37 PM

are you suggesting missionary has shit for brains?

Sternwallow 07-03-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503523)
I understand that it's not proof to you. It's not intended to be.

Dimwit, get it through your skull; testimony is not evidence because it can easily be a total lie. Even if you say that a person would not die for a lie, you know that it happens all the time.

It's a testimony that you dismiss along with millions of like testimonies. The testimonies are intended to supplement the proof and calling which is provided by God. You know, like "I got the call and they said, 'You're APPROVED!'" Collectively they represent God's entire work to reach mankind. You choose to dismiss them all together.

Collectively, testimony does represent God's entire work and it shows how insubsantial that work is. God's entire work would not stand up in a court of law precisely because there is nothing but testimony of the gullible. God should be required to present objective evidence, not just some tall tales by deluded doofi.

That's what free will is all about. However, no matter how forcefully you claim, "Not good enough!" I assure you it will be presented as the body of evidence at judgment.

There you go, "assuring" me of something outrageously retarded again. Having miserably failed to show evidence for your tin-horn God*, why should anyone believe in your fanciful notion of "judgment"?

We're all guilty, Mog. We all deserve the death penalty. Look at the world, it's corrupted and depraved. Evil exists and we're smack dab in the middle of it. God is offering a full pardon free of charge.

The Bible says that all of the corruption in the world is God's doing. Based on that, I deny that any of us mortals are guilty of anything. Certainly none of us is responsible for the cataclysmic blunder of tempting innocent and naturally inquisitive teen-agers with knowledge. The original sin was not eating the fruit, it was planting the perfidious tree.

Certainly no pot is guilty for any imperfections embedded in them by the Potter.

Read your damned Bible! Read some other books as well.

Sternwallow 07-03-2008 01:09 PM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503527)
I'm skeptical of corrupted sources. If all truth proceeds from God, He alone is trustworthy.

Are you completely divorced from logic? If any falsehood proceeds from God*, He is the creator and sole author of lies (only God* can create). God's many lies, including the first one in genesis, are chronicled at length in the Bible.

Do a scripture search sometime using the key phrase 'wisdom of men/man' ...it's foolishness.

Try a scripture search for "demon". When that fails, search for "evil spirit" and note that all of the evil spirits whose origin can be deduced come directly from God*.

Unfortunately, every institution that mankind has his hands in is suspect. This is true for politics, religion, gov't, wallstreet, hollywood, industry, economics, and yes...science.

Religion has no other product than misdirection and misrepresentation so it is the prime purveyor of these evils that you cry about.

Fraud exists in grants, data manipulation, plagiarism, faked drug trials, intellectual theft and espionage, etc, etc. If you don't believe me, I have a list of links to news reports from march/april.

Of course you would say that nothing valid can come from science if anyone in the science enterprise does anything wrong.

Choobus 07-03-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Sternwallow wrote (Post 503706)

I bet you put out milk and tuna for stray cats.........

Sternwallow 07-03-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

1) Adam wasn't aware that he had no companion or a need until he named the animals. It wasn't an afterthought for God, but a lesson for Adam.

2) Foreskins aren't sinful. All biblical covenants require the shedding of blood. You have to admit, if the mark of the covenant was to simply pin prick your finger, any poser could pretend to be in on the deal. You have to sacrifice to cutting at your wanker with a sharp stone.

The sand and star reference by God is obviously figurative. You also forgot that in addition to Issac, Abraham fathered Ishmael; the patriarch to all the modern day Arab people groups. You also failed to consider that your figure of 15 million is current. How many Hebrews have lived throughout history? How many Arab people groups over the last 4000 years?

Can you number them all? Well, that's what God told Abraham, his descendents can't be numbered.

That is exactly NOT what God* told Abraham. You should be ashamed of misquoting the scared scriptures. You are not qualified nor do you have any credentials nor do you have any authority to interpret what God* said as anything other than the words as written.

Suppose we count all of the people who ever existed in the time of man (the last 100,000 years). Estimates vary, but a very large one is 200 Billion. The Jews were necessarily a subset of that number. We'll give them the whole number. God* claimed to have made all stars, a number in excess of 400 Billion galaxies of 100 Billion stars each or 40,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars, which is somewhat larger than the number of Jews that God* actually produced.

God* is a liar QED. That makes you a liar as well.

Kate 07-03-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Choobus wrote (Post 503718)

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...nking-wine.jpg

Choobus 07-03-2008 01:30 PM

God isn't really a liar, but those who claim to have met him invariably are.

Kate 07-03-2008 01:32 PM

http://web.aanet.com.au/vmerchant/weird-cat.jpg

Missionary 07-03-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Philboid Studge wrote (Post 503680)
Er, wouldn't this mean that all your blathering here (not to mention missionary work in the world at large) is rather pointless?

If your Invisible Friend is going to eventually activate the homing beacons in our brains, thereby erasing any trace of skepticism, what purpose do you serve here now? You're about as useful as a "compass" given to slaves about to board ships for the Middle Passage.

They are activated. You have seen the evidence, heard the call to salvation, AND know that God exists. All of that has been provided by God since your birth.

All that's left if for you to make a choice.

The atheist's claim is, "Whaa?? I don't see or hear nuthin'!" Yeah, you have.

Choobus 07-03-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Kate wrote (Post 503723)

That's what I imagine piss on me missionary looks like, only not as cheerful, and with some sort of excrement dripping from his mouth.

Kate 07-03-2008 01:56 PM

Well, he did just get a swirly. That took care of the shit.

Philboid Studge 07-03-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503727)
They are activated. You have seen the evidence, heard the call to salvation, AND know that God exists. All of that has been provided by God since your birth.

But your own fantastic tale has a somewhat different narrative. You claimed God* "showed up unexpectedly" when you were 30 and that you were overwhelmed by the experience. How come you get the full frontal facial from Jesus but we're supposed to make do with normal experiences and pretend there's something divine about it?

Were you lying then or are you lying now? Either way, it does not speak well of your credibility if you can't keep your stories straight.

Choobus 07-03-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Philboid Studge wrote (Post 503736)
Were you lying then or are you lying now? Either way, it does not speak well of credibility if you can't keep your stories straight.

Credibility? You are talking about someone with the honesty of a politician, the integrity of of a pimp, the intelligence of a president*, the character of a rapist, the rationality of a psychopath, the reasoning skills of an amoeba, the independence of a newborn, the individuality of a sperm and the retardation of, well of a retard. His credibility may be found in the residue of a bad case of explosive diarrhea left at an alabama bus station.

* no need to mention which one

Philboid Studge 07-03-2008 02:07 PM

Quote:

choobus wrote
His credibility may be found in the residue of a bad case of explosive diarrhea left at an alabama bus station.

I'll bet from the right angle the splatter stain looks like Jesus.

Missionary 07-03-2008 02:07 PM

Quote:

Irreligious wrote (Post 503699)
So, I asked you how and all you can tell me is that the question is irrelevant, Missionary? It's pretty much what I expected from you or anyone purporting to know things they can't really know. If you don't know what the hell you're talking about, all you can do is evade, obfuscate and assert without explaining. You've demonstrated that beautifully. Congratulations.

If you don't believe the testimony that a burning bush, a pillar of fire, a cloud spoke, a donkey spoke, a voice at night spoke, an angel appeared, or a prophet called fire from the sky...what would be the difference in my story?

Seriously. What happened to the Apostle Paul and what happened to me are two different events where one thing was common, the Lord revealed Himself and spoke, and I accepted His deal on the friggin' spot. How God will approach you? I don't know. All I'm suggesting is listen for His voice because He's already calling you.

I will tell you this...when the Lord spoke He asked me, "Did you forget about me? I've been calling you all along." AS He was saying this He flashed my whole life...but only the specific events where He called me, I heard Him and knew it was Him deep inside, but I brushed it off, explained it away, or made an excuse and kept on going.

But this what's was so amazing...I remembered at that moment every single one of them and there were dozens of those events over the years. At the time I was 30 and the calling went back to when I was around 9-10. So He had been calling me to salvation for around 20 years.

Choobus 07-03-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Philboid Studge wrote (Post 503743)

when you've got jesus in your heart he's everywhere.

When you've got jesus in your arse he ends up everywhere eventually.

Philboid Studge 07-03-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Mission wrote
AS He was saying this He flashed my whole life...but only the specific events where He called me, I heard Him and knew it was Him deep inside, but I brushed it off, explained it away, or made an excuse and kept on going.

Oh dear. Earlier you said, "I could have rejected Him but I didn't want to."

Doesn't your Imaginary Friend get all smitey when you bear false witness?

Missionary 07-03-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Sternwallow wrote (Post 503704)
So that is what you say that you think. Now, why should anyone else think that you are not deluded, mistaken or lying. Your word is not good enough. I wouldn't believe you if you said you were hungry. You have no credibility.

However God* molested you, it is not objective evidence so you did not improve your case or God's by saying it. In fact, you make God* look like a schmuck.

I could care less what anyone thinks of me. I'm obviously not here with an expectation of being popular or meeting new best friends.

Despite your big evolved brain chock full 'o knowledge and puffed out chest to whump on, you are no different than any human in wanting the truth.

I'm not here to sell you a story but to leave an index card in your roledex. One day, long after I'm gone you're going to hear God call you at an unexpected time. Suddenly, the roledex will open to Missionary. You might be on vacation sitting on the beach. And for some unexplained reason you're looking at the waves and you're thinking of God, Jesus and that Missionary dude all at the same time who told you what was going to happen.

I encourage you reply, "I'm listening Lord and I want to hear you".

You will.

Missionary 07-03-2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

Sternwallow wrote (Post 503706)

Actually, I was hoping you had evolutionary evidence. But you're obsessed with God. I totally understand. I don't buy into that monkey bid-ness needer.

Choobus 07-03-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Philboid Studge wrote (Post 503743)

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1.../jeezshita.jpg

Now do you believe???

Missionary 07-03-2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Sternwallow wrote (Post 503705)
If it was a good covenant, why was Adam denied its benefits? If is was a bad covenant, why did God* inflict it on poor Abraham?

You should know that a covenant or contract with God* is not possible even though a miracle, because it is unilateral. It is an edict by God*, not a mutual agreement.

If God* promises to always do XXXX and later fails miserably (as the Bible records in many instances), what do you do, take him to court?

Adam was given a good covenant of sacrificial atonement. Seth, Enoch, & Noah were found to be righteous by faith. Mankind mocked...no different that here and now really. God fail? Go for it...I imagine you'll use the ripped plank from the boat method? I can't wait to see.

Mog 07-03-2008 02:27 PM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503751)
I could care less what anyone thinks of me. I'm obviously not here with an expectation of being popular or meeting new best friends.

You will.

Missionary, if you wanted to prove that you are a nut that cannot properly analyze your own experiences objectively, you've accomplished just that.

You don't even want to consider the possibility that all you've been doing is conversing with your subconsciousness.

What is it that made you want so desperately to believe?

Missionary 07-03-2008 02:30 PM

Quote:

Philboid Studge wrote (Post 503736)
But your own fantastic tale has a somewhat different narrative. You claimed God* "showed up unexpectedly" when you were 30 and that you were overwhelmed by the experience. How come you get the full frontal facial from Jesus but we're supposed to make do with normal experiences and pretend there's something divine about it?

Were you lying then or are you lying now? Either way, it does not speak well of your credibility if you can't keep your stories straight.

Why God stepped it up for me that final time? I don't know. But He showed me where I had dismissed Him many times previously and He was right. I had said no dozens of times.

Missionary 07-03-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Philboid Studge wrote (Post 503746)
Oh dear. Earlier you said, "I could have rejected Him but I didn't want to."

Doesn't your Imaginary Friend get all smitey when you bear false witness?

The day I was saved? No I didn't want to reject Him. Prior to that, I had rejected Him many many times. No different than you.

Philboid Studge 07-03-2008 02:33 PM

Quote:

Choobus wrote (Post 503754)
Now do you believe???

I believe I'll avoid dodgy chicken marsala.

Philboid Studge 07-03-2008 02:35 PM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503760)
The day I was saved? No I didn't want to reject Him. Prior to that, I had rejected Him many many times. No different than you.

Oh I see. Well then, I'll have to wait until I get saved. Or is it just a chosen-elect few who get that courtesy?

Missionary 07-03-2008 02:36 PM

Quote:

Mog wrote (Post 503757)
Missionary, if you wanted to prove that you are a nut that cannot properly analyze your own experiences objectively, you've accomplished just that.

You don't even want to consider the possibility that all you've been doing is conversing with your subconsciousness.

What is it that made you want so desperately to believe?

It's easy to explain away isn't it? It's like it comes naturally. But you know.

Choobus 07-03-2008 02:47 PM

Quote:

Philboid Studge wrote (Post 503764)
Oh I see. Well then, I'll have to wait until I get saved. Or is it just a chosen-elect few who get that courtesy?

Here is the exact moment when Missionary met Jesus.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...missionary.jpg

can you still say that He has never revealed himself to you????

Mog 07-03-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503765)

No, I don't know. And the fact that it is so easy to explain away means that there is either something you aren't telling us, or you've chosen to let your rationality slip in regards to your personal experiences.

If I can explain it away, it means you can't be 100% certain. You are lying to yourself.

Philboid Studge 07-03-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Choobus wrote
can you still say that He has never revealed himself to you????

Not with 100% certainty!

(I wonder if they put Skippy's peannut butter in that sod's arse and let the dog go all Richard Gere on him.)

Choobus 07-03-2008 02:52 PM

Praise him

Philboid Studge 07-03-2008 03:00 PM

that pic looks like me about halfway thru my stag party. The 2nd half got ugly

antix 07-03-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

You will.

I encourage you to reply: "Fuck off, voices in my head. I don't want to hear your insane babbling anymore."

I doubt you will.

VladTheImpaler 07-03-2008 03:11 PM

Quote:

Missionary wrote http://ravingatheists.com/forum/imag...s/viewpost.gif
1) However, as it turns out, circumcision has health benefits. Now, that's not something iron age desert wandering goat herders could have possibly known.

Penn and Teller: Bullshit! - Circumcision - 1/3

Mog 07-03-2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

antix wrote (Post 503778)
I encourage you to reply: "Fuck off, voices in my head. I don't want to hear your insane babbling anymore."

I doubt you will.

Well, that won't work if he has some neurological disease that is making him hear voices in his head, unfortunately.

Barney 07-03-2008 04:13 PM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503664)
So based on your expert medical opinion you disagree with the Mayo Clinic? I see...

Ok. I'll ignore any massive overwhelming evidences and indeed common sense about the health risks and agree for a moment with your theist sponsered study that its a wonderfully healthy thing to do. it carrys no risks and make sound medical sense.

I'll also accept God really loves foreskins. He seems obsessed with them. Cutting them off as kids, David chopping one hundred of them off philistine dead. Cutting foreskins off is vital and neccessery.

So, umm why put them on in the first place?

Yahweh: " There...Ive just created Adam and I see that it is good.....AHH!! CRAP!, I KNEW I shouldnt have put a foreskin on him! What the hell was i thinking? Meh, no time now, he's in production and i cant do a service recall. Never mind, I'll send out a flyer for people to do their own DIY maintainace and cut it off!"

Oh, by the way. Your veiw on old Yahwhs covenent with the jews. I assume its something like, "In the future there will be a trillion trillion jews, God just hasnt fullfilled this yet, because they havnt chooped off enough foreskins"
Or
"The star thing is metaphorical, it simply means there will be lots of them and they will prosper, in gas chambers"

Choobus 07-03-2008 05:14 PM

why is it that people who argue that circumcision is a good thing (prevents aids and promotes hygiene etc) are always total knob ends? Could there be a hidden agenda perhaps?

Barney 07-03-2008 05:18 PM

The female castration ones are even worse. No matter how many girls die, the fixation on "purity" outweighs the risk.

Sternwallow 07-03-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Choobus wrote (Post 503718)

Damn, you found my soft spot. But don't tell anybody. I have a crappy reputation to uphold.

Sternwallow 07-03-2008 07:18 PM

Quote:

Choobus wrote (Post 503722)
God isn't really a liar, but those who claim to have met him invariably are.

I use "God*" to indicate God as depicted in the evil book and who probably does not exist and to ward off the imbeciles who want to jump on my use of God* as an admission of belief.

Sternwallow 07-03-2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503727)

Then it didn't get through. God* is an inadequate communicator. Your assertion about what I have been told is another lie fully equal to your lie that God* talks to you.

When I cried out for God* in deep and sincere despair, I didn't even get a busy signal. There was NO answer. Where was your cuddly companion when I did my level best to choose in His favor? Nowhere!

So you can keep barking that God* has revealed Himself to everyone. The effect on every single person who has not become a Christian is obviously non-existent just like God* Himself.

Missionary 07-03-2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

antix wrote (Post 503778)

I doubt you will.

That's the typical reply. Except, you really do know it's the Lord. The excuses run the gamut, but are primarily focused on what people don't want to give up or fear they'll have to change. Also, and one of the ones I used often was, "I just don't like church, church people, or church music". Before I was saved, I hated the whole concept of church.

Sternwallow 07-03-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503744)
If you don't believe the testimony that a burning bush, a pillar of fire, a cloud spoke, a donkey spoke, a voice at night spoke, an angel appeared, or a prophet called fire from the sky...what would be the difference in my story?

Seriously. What happened to the Apostle Paul and what happened to me are two different events where one thing was common, the Lord revealed Himself and spoke, and I accepted His deal on the friggin' spot. How God will approach you? I don't know. All I'm suggesting is listen for His voice because He's already calling you.

I will tell you this...when the Lord spoke He asked me, "Did you forget about me? I've been calling you all along." AS He was saying this He flashed my whole life...but only the specific events where He called me, I heard Him and knew it was Him deep inside, but I brushed it off, explained it away, or made an excuse and kept on going.

But this what's was so amazing...I remembered at that moment every single one of them and there were dozens of those events over the years. At the time I was 30 and the calling went back to when I was around 9-10. So He had been calling me to salvation for around 20 years.

So you are saying that God*, the creator of the entire corrupted universe, spent a whole 20 years repeatedly trying and FAILING to get your attention. That is a piss-poor record. Why should I listen for someone so incompetent?

What exactly is the perceptual difference between "He flashed my whole life" and "I remembered my whole life"?

Choobus 07-03-2008 07:42 PM

Quote:

Choobus wrote (Post 503771)
Here is the exact moment when Missionary met Jesus.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...missionary.jpg

This is what missionary calls being "saved".

If that doesn't prove what a deluded fucktard he is then nothing can.

Missionary 07-03-2008 07:43 PM

Quote:

Sternwallow wrote (Post 503813)
... and who probably does not exist...

Now THAT'S rolling the dice...

Missionary 07-03-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Sternwallow wrote (Post 503814)
Then it didn't get through. God* is an inadequate communicator. Your assertion about what I have been told is another lie fully equal to your lie that God* talks to you.

When I cried out for God* in deep and sincere despair, I didn't even get a busy signal. There was NO answer. Where was your cuddly companion when I did my level best to choose in His favor? Nowhere!

So you can keep barking that God* has revealed Himself to everyone. The effect on every single person who has not become a Christian is obviously non-existent just like God* Himself.

Think back. What was the source of the "deep and sincere despair" and what exactly did you expect from God? Did you consider the possibility that the situation was such that God was expecting something from you and it was you that wouldn't give in? Because I can tell you, God was right there all along.

Sternwallow 07-03-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503744)

I have no slightest reason to believe a story about someone who claimed to hear a bush and a donkey talk. The guy who allegedly made the claim and the many guys down the ages who wrote about him are all anonymous and long gone.

You, on the other hand, are immediate and presumably alive so you can be held accountable for your statements. IOW, put up or shut up!

If Moses showed up on these forums, I would ask him why it took God* just as long to carve the ten commandments as it would have taken an old man to do it.

Missionary 07-03-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Sternwallow wrote (Post 503817)
So you are saying that God*, the creator of the entire corrupted universe, spent a whole 20 years repeatedly trying and FAILING to get your attention. That is a piss-poor record. Why should I listen for someone so incompetent?

What exactly is the perceptual difference between "He flashed my whole life" and "I remembered my whole life"?

God didn't fail for 20 years, I did. He had my attention and I dismissed Him, denied it, and explained it away. We are the incompetents. Mankind is stubborn, arrogant, and disrespectful towards each other and God.

Sin is self-centeredness.

Sternwallow 07-03-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Despite your big evolved brain chock full 'o knowledge and puffed out chest to whump on, you are no different than any human in wanting the truth.

I'm not here to sell you a story but to leave an index card in your roledex. One day, long after I'm gone you're going to hear God call you at an unexpected time. Suddenly, the roledex will open to Missionary. You might be on vacation sitting on the beach. And for some unexplained reason you're looking at the waves and you're thinking of God, Jesus and that Missionary dude all at the same time who told you what was going to happen.

You will.

Been there, done that, on my knees, with a sliver from the true cross pushed through my hand if I had had one. Not one damned peep.

Missionary 07-03-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Sternwallow wrote (Post 503822)
I have no slightest reason to believe a story about someone who claimed to hear a bush and a donkey talk. The guy who allegedly made the claim and the many guys down the ages who wrote about him are all anonymous and long gone.

You, on the other hand, are immediate and presumably alive so you can be held accountable for your statements. IOW, put up or shut up!

If Moses showed up on these forums, I would ask him why it took God* just as long to carve the ten commandments as it would have taken an old man to do it.

You know...out of all the people here in this forum you are the one that I know for certain believes. You can claim what you want. But when you see the Lord, you'll admit to Him that you were angry over that one event primarily and then you went and deliberately found two or three add-ons to justify it and give yourself an argument.

You're holding an indictment against God...not non-belief.

Sternwallow 07-03-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503752)
Actually, I was hoping you had evolutionary evidence. But you're obsessed with God. I totally understand. I don't buy into that monkey bid-ness needer.

Your lack of understanding of simple biology is hardly an obsession with God* on my part, you ape.

Sternwallow 07-03-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503756)
Adam was given a good covenant of sacrificial atonement. Seth, Enoch, & Noah were found to be righteous by faith. Mankind mocked...no different that here and now really. God fail? Go for it...I imagine you'll use the ripped plank from the boat method? I can't wait to see.

You will find no covenant between God* and Adam, only a failed promise and a comprehensive curse. You know exactly what failed promise and the curse is obvious. For Noah, God* promised that every cloud that appeared would have a rainbow to remind Himself not to be an evil destroyer of all humanity.

There are, of course, dozens more of unfulfilled threats, promises that fail to come to pass daily. The top ten alone would embarrass you and God* unbearably.

I am not clear on your reference to ripped planks, but a perfect boat is no longer perfect if a single hole is found. The Bible is about as water tight as an iron trellis. And we all know that God* hates iron.

Sternwallow 07-03-2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503759)
Why God stepped it up for me that final time? I don't know. But He showed me where I had dismissed Him many times previously and He was right. I had said no dozens of times.

He couldn't have wanted it very badly, then, could He?

Sternwallow 07-03-2008 08:19 PM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503765)

But you know, but HOW do you know it isn't yourself or Satan?

Choobus 07-03-2008 08:22 PM

Some cunt claims that sin is self-centeredness. :lol:

Faith is the ultimate self-centeredness. An almighty being who created the entire universe wants to talk directly to you? Dream on sackface. It takes a supreme ego to believe that. This is the kind of doofus who thinks he's a cyborg because he wears a digital watch. This is just an extreme version of thinking that aliens would travel all the way across the galaxy just to probe your anus and flatten some wheat.

delusional doesn't even begin to cover it.

Missionary 07-03-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Choobus wrote (Post 503834)
Dream on sackface. It takes a supreme ego to believe that.
delusional doesn't even begin to cover it.

You're talking about your faith in science to answer your questions again?

Mog 07-03-2008 08:36 PM

You know, I thought we could talk to this guy at some level, but he's got to be the most arrogant Christian we've come across on this forum. I think he's afraid that if he allows any amount of self-doubt seep in, all his beliefs will be lost.. I think he's that insecure.

Missionary 07-03-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Sternwallow wrote (Post 503829)
You will find no covenant between God* and Adam, only a failed promise and a comprehensive curse. You know exactly what failed promise and the curse is obvious.

The covenant was sacrificial atonement that God demonstrated for Adam and covered him with the skins. Adam taught that to Cain and Able, but Cain did his own thing then became angry when God wouldn't accept it.

Quote:

For Noah, God* promised that every cloud that appeared would have a rainbow to remind Himself not to be an evil destroyer of all humanity.

As though God needs a PDA or sticky notes? You're playing a child's game with that one.

Quote:

There are, of course, dozens more of unfulfilled threats, promises that fail to come to pass daily. The top ten alone would embarrass you and God* unbearably.

Make a list. Lets have a look.

Quote:

I am not clear on your reference to ripped planks, but a perfect boat is no longer perfect if a single hole is found. The Bible is about as water tight as an iron trellis. And we all know that God* hates iron.

Actually, it involves ripping two verses out of context and holding them up together to see if they are interchangeable or compatible in the boats the planks were ripped from. It's one of the "contradiction" ploys.

Like the claim..."God can't beat iron chariots" compared to "With God, anything is possible" or something.

Quote:

Sternwallow wrote (Post 503830)
He couldn't have wanted it very badly, then, could He?

It's you and your expectation of what God should do or how He should act in a specific situation that's the problem. When God didn't perform to your exacting specification, you snapped off. Now you think you've found evidence of the self-perceived injustice you suffered and you're holding it up before God.

Quote:

Sternwallow wrote (Post 503831)
But you know, but HOW do you know it isn't yourself or Satan?

The scriptures teach exactly HOW to test the spirits...you should know that. The Holy Spirit produces fruit. Satan produces imitations but primarily implies that the Spirit's fruit is all hype.

Satan claims his stuff is more fun. And actually, it is for awhile.

Missionary 07-03-2008 08:57 PM

Quote:

Mog wrote (Post 503838)
You know, I thought we could talk to this guy at some level, but he's got to be the most arrogant Christian we've come across on this forum. I think he's afraid that if he allows any amount of self-doubt seep in, all his beliefs will be lost.. I think he's that insecure.

I could really care less what you believe about me, Mog. I'm not trying to impress you; win or earn your confidence. I proclaim God. Point to the Lord.

The rest is between you and Him. *shrug* ...it's really none of my business.

calpurnpiso 07-03-2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

Mog wrote (Post 503838)

What's knew? Christ-psychosis are possessed by the self-righteous delusional spirit of arrogance, Hypocrisy, immorality, deception, intellectual stagnation, ineptitude, and psychopathy. The Christ-Octopus

Mog 07-03-2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Missionary wrote (Post 503844)
I could really care less what you believe about me, Mog. I'm not trying to impress you; win or earn your confidence. I proclaim God. Point to the Lord.

The rest is between you and Him. *shrug* ...it's really none of my business.

Well, lets just put it this way. Its pretty evident to me that your self-proclaimed relationship with God has not made you a better person.