Thread: Merkins 2012
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #562
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
So, you are concerned that our very conservative Supreme Court will turn...conservative?
I am concerned that the Supreme Court will be so decidedly politically partisan, that it will take decades to get it back to the middle.

Incidentally, the SC is currently conservative, but only by a margin of 1 vote (granted, the conservative majority is, indeed, very conservative).
Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
What do you think the purpose of Operation Earnest Voice is?
It's a creepy attempt by the government to influence people's opinions about them. When it comes out, it usually blows up in their face.

Now, do me a favor, and explain what this has to do with the abortion issue. Have you ever heard of the term "non-sequitur"?
Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
Everything you asked me I addressed earlier in the thread. When someone asks the same question over and over, I have to assume the answer isn't real their motive.
You did not address how caring about the abortion issue makes you complicit in the corruption and war-mongering of the US government. If you have, I must have missed it, and, it would be trivial for you to point to your post that explains it.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote