View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #17
9opiles

Quote:
Saturday wrote View Post
Well the point of this thread was what if you met God when you died so the hypothetical basis is that God is in fact real...

I still don't understand what you're saying. A universe without labels is still the universe. Absolutely nothing has changed except for the synapses and electrical connections in the brains of the beings that you modified to not use labels.

Give me a couple examples. And how would you go about proving the impossibility of these things?

Existence is not dependent on whether anyone has put a name to anything. Are you saying that Pluto did not exist before it was discovered in 1930?
Things exist whether we name them, label them, or identify them. Pluto existed for as long as it existed, no matter whether life is here on this planet or not.
Things exist independently of us. As mentioned in my long post, even if one dies and it ends up being real, it could still be only within life itself. Life itself is a part of, yet independent of physical existence outside of the immediate area in which we perceive.

If I imagine a tire talking to me while smoking a cigarette and getting a blowjob, that is something that does not exist in real life; there are certain fundamental rules to physical existence when it comes to reality, such as, tires do not speak, have cocks, or smoke cigarettes. Yet, I am able to create this image in my mind, and even make it talk if I so desire. This is an impossible reality outside of human perception. So thus, if I can create that thought, then I can create a false godman who wants to destroy its own creation and gives decrees via the bible, if I so desire, not only because I can write it down in words, but because it can be imagined...created from the experiences of those that created the story. I'm saying that, even if that God you speak of is real, it wouldn't exist anyway because who says the dead leave life anyway? It would be a person trapped within the beliefs and minds of those who believe it in the first place. With no one there to believe it, there would be no God in the first place. So thus, is the neverending cycle of it being relative to those that created it.

A deception, as it were. Even if it was real.
9opiles is offline   Reply With Quote