View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 08:04 PM   #5600
Hobotronic2037

Quote:
JerryJohn wrote View Post
Are you referring to this Mark 9:23?
New International Version

1. "'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for one who believes."

Everything is indeed possible for one who believes, but God has an ultimate plan.
If EVERYTHING is possible why would the plan of a god stand in your way. Words mean things. EVERYTHING means you can overrule god.

Quote:
That said meds like Lithium can have terrible side effects which is why people don't take them.
Yeah from what I hear a lot of those drugs are nasty. I’ve also heard that a lot of bipolar people love the feeling of a manic episode, and use the excuse of drug intolerance to stop taking their meds to ride the high. It’s a pretty brutal illness I hear. I hope he gets better.

Quote:
That might be the best example and I know you don't believe in God and an ultimate plan but in some way you are put here for a purpose to help others and you have probably done so without even knowing it.
But why do you need to believe in a god to help people or to have a purpose? Mutually beneficial transactions and acts of kindness happen by the billions every single day. No god necessary. Purpose and fulfillment don’t need a god, just human beings being true to their natures.

Quote:
Hebrews 13:2New International Version

Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.

Thus, many atheists will be in heaven and many hypocritical, self serving,
Pharisee like Christians will be in hell.
Ok. Two two things. Why do Christians need to be told and threatened with supernatural consequences and creepy imaginary angels and shit to show hospitality to strangers? Why wouldn’t they just be nice on their own?

Two. I thought Christians hold that their belief in and surrender to god’s sacrifice in Jesus Christ is essential to getting to heaven. How would an atheist get to heaven, a place that does not exist?? That makes zero sense. You get a F for that one. How can an atheist go to heaven if they don’t believe in jesus or god. Is “good works” your doctrine du jour?
Hobotronic2037 is offline   Reply With Quote