View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #150
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Stargazer wrote View Post
OK. Veridican. You must have made that term up because it does not come up on a Google search. The rest of the explanation seems to imply that every person is God.
Egor, as Edward, posted this on another forum before he was banned from it:

Quote:
Eward wrote
I can't do it. I've tried. I've tried to be an atheist, but it doesn't work. I'm not a Christian, and I'm not an atheist. I believe in God as our Father (even if that is a dualistic metaphor I have to cling to in order to understand God) and I believe that Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life.

I am not a Christian, however, because Christians aren't what they say they are. They are, in fact, Judeo-Christians. That means, the religion they practice is a combination of Judaism and the teachings of Jesus Christ.

In the New Testament, you have the Gospels, and then you have the Acts and the various letters and the book of Hebrews. The Gospels are what I'm about. The rest of it is just a bunch of people who couldn't live according to teachings of Jesus Christ and needed a greater sense of order (Jesus taken alone is very anarchistic, extremely judgmental, totally black-and-white, anti-world, anti-wealth, faith over reason, etc., not conducive at all to a long life on ol' planet Earth.).

So, I am a Veridican. Veridical (true) -an (a follower of) = Veridican (a follower of the truth).

I tend to think religion is the leading cause of insanity. But what the hell.

Now, I will have to open up my can of whoop-ass theism in here. You can ban me, of course. But what fun would that be?
Otherwise, Veridican doesn't appear to be recognized as a Christian denomination by anyone else on the planet.

I suspect Egor is just an eccentric and lonely attention-seeker, trolling the Internet for just a sliver of validation that the world notices he exists.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote