View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 11:45 PM   #3090
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
We face the real consequences of the physical and mental risks, our conscience and legal ramifications just as you do. Even the religious realise these are the only things during our lifetime. Atheists don't have the imaginary add-ons in a hypothetical afterlife like the religious.

What I've never understood is, what is the difference between before and after Jesus supposedly died for our sins? What sacrifice did he make?
K,

Atheists and theists have this in common; we both face the real consequences of risks and legal ramifications of our actions. Theists believe repentance is necessary for forgiveness of sins and that all will answer for tour actions at the final judgement. Those unrepentant, and there are some, K, will also face judgement.

Judge has discussed (and others perhaps) mitigating factors for those committing such evil acts as rape, abuse of kids, even murder. I have read that many on death row for instance for committing horrific crimes have been abused both physically in such ways that meet the UN standards for torture; such as burned with cigarettes, punished in extreme ways physically etc, and as kids have themselves been sexually abused, some in horrific ways with threats of killing parents if you"tell" and all the tools of the trade molesters employ. There are so good at grooming kids, sadly.

God will take this into account.

However, theists believe there IS indeed final retribution by God. Not all that do what most would consider evil acts fit the categories above with mitigating factors.

Regarding your second question, I do believe I read your mention of animal sacrifice. I will look for it and give you the theist thought on the difference between before and after Jesus died for sins and what sacrifice he made. I think perhaps you know the answer from a theist point of view which of course I know you reject.

Regards,

JJ
JerryJohn is offline   Reply With Quote