Quote:
Xans wrote
Quote:
Mog wrote
Quote:
Xans wrote
Quote:
myst7426 wrote
What the hell is a cosmo-evolutionist? Oh wait, they only exist in the theists mind.
"Cosmo" short for cosmos meaning the universe. Evolutionist meaning one who asserts that a thing evolves. Evolve meaning to develop gradually. A "cosmo-evolutionist" is one who asserts the universe developed gradually. A bio-evolutionist is one who asserts life developed gradually. People who assert the universe developed gradually exist. There is no good reason for atheists to be intentionally obtuse on this matter as if you can't understand what "cosmo-evolution" means.
Quote:
Please cite a cosmo-evolutionist Xans. Example: "Cosmo-evolutionist, Joe Blow, offers this explanation..."
Offer an explanation on how the universe developed gradually and I'll cite you as a cosmo-evolutionist.

Irrelevant

Cosmos means universe. Evolve means develop gradually. Cosmic evolution is the universe developing gradually.
And what evidence leads you to believe that the Universe started in a way contrary to "cosmo-evolution"?
I offer no evidence nor is the burden of proof on me to do so.
Thats baloney and you know it, Xans. We have evidence for being as you say "cosmo-evolutionists". If you wish to think otherwise, you have to have a good reason for doing so, otherwise your position makes as much sense as believing there are invisible leprechauns at every corner.

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote