View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 05:26 AM   #5
Lily

Quote:
Gnosital wrote
I told Lily to read this article when whe was getting all snarky the other day. Oh, and I told her she needed to get laid too. And do some X. Then she could name all her negative emotions and get it out of her system.

Funny, I don't recall her thanking me for that fabulous mental health advice.

Anyhoo...Sam's no dummy. Meditation is a scientifically valid way to reduce stress and increase mental focus and control. It gets a bad rap by being associated with all the woowoos.
You know, it is funny. I controlled myself long enough not to respond to this nonsense when you first wrote it. Repeating it when you aren't, presumably, having a tantrum is completely unacceptable. Frankly, I think it is shameful for any woman to write such drivel. "You need to get laid." is the contemptuous response with which men dismiss women and their ideas, arguments and concerns. It is sexist, boorish and just plain old dumb. Does it help you find acceptance with the good old boys of your acquaintance? I know the boys here like it.

And then, you want me to do drugs (I think you gave your imprimatur to alcohol the other day, as well). So, basically, you are prescribing for me the regimen that patently doesn't work for you, since your negative emotions are on regular display.

Physician, heal thyself.