Thread: Merkins 2012
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 10:22 PM   #34
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
DyingStrong wrote View Post
Hey, Irr, been OK, thanks, getting younger everyday. And you, how you've been?
Younger everyday? I know you're into fitness and good health, but getting younger? That's a curious feat. What, are you kin to Benjamin Button? I kid, of course. Me? I'm hanging in there, but I'm definitely not getting younger.

Anyway, we sure have missed you here. Again, welcome back!

Quote:
DyingStrong wrote
Have several aliases, some others: MacPeppa, MedicalCyclist, Lancita Armstrong, and more. but I only have one real name and you all know it, the ones who have been RA members for years.
Yeah, it's a lovely name. I remember it, courtesy of that ol' mean wench, Lily.

Quote:
DyingStrong wrote
Irr, why do you think that anarchy would spread through out the world with self governance? Maybe that is the reason why religion and governments were created, to control people. Then, do you think that religion is OK? I mean, religions actually keep people restrained and hurdled, and so do governments.
I just don't think most people are good at self-governance, at least not entirely without outside encouragement. As a species, if we have an opportunity to run over the weaker guy and we can justify it (and we nearly always can), that's just what most of us will do.

Quote:
DyingStrong wrote
Maybe religion and governments are needed to keep stupid/uneducated/savage people from causing anarchy?
I don't know, but I think there are an awful lot of people who tend more towards the stupid and savage than the mindful, considerate and noble. At least, when given the chance to indulge the former.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote