View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 07:02 PM   #192
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
hertz vanrental wrote View Post
So, let me see if I have this correct ...

android 'thinks' that there's this infinite time, infinite continuum of space (I'm sure android means space-time continuum) and infinite matter and energy ..

Bloody hell, this will come as a shock to Professor Stephen Hawking, whose birthday was yesterday, by the way, and his colleagues because I'm sure that he thinks that all these, although large, are not infinite.

Perhaps in android's world they are?
Lots of cosmologists who are comfortable in hypothesizing philosophically (which Hawkins isn't) have conjectured that there could be a multiverse, and the possibility for an actualized infinity (space, time, matter, energy) cannot be ruled out. Evidence for multiverse was recently discovered - where another universe supposedly collided with ours.

Hawkings tends to limit his discussion only to our own known universe - he is reluctant to speak of what may or may not be beyond. Common mistake Hurtz - you have to really understand the nuances of language (science vs. philosophy) to follow the discussion - with you're grade 10 education this would be tough.

Go back to school, learn critical thinking, philosophy and cosmology - then come back to me for a good conversation.
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote