View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 11:42 PM   #2967
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
hertz vanrental wrote View Post
1. Atheists can help society out of want and not out of fear from some sky wizard who will seek retribution if we don't.

2. Atheists are free to metaphorically kick the royal shit out of christards who would seek to restrict mankind's logical abilities and instill irrational fear.

How's that for starters, cunt?
Thanks for your reply Hertz,

You are simply not correct to presume the motivation of all Christians is based on some fear of God who will seek retribution if they don't. Most Christians believe that their eternal salvation is secure if they believe Jesus is our Savior and died for sins to give us eternal life in heaven.

Good works then are a result of Faith. The flip side of this coin is that good works are not necessary for salvation but will occur as a result from faith.

Do you know many Catholics? They are the denomination that bases salvation in part on"good works." Many Catholics do " good works" thinking this will help them get to heaven. That is a false gospel.

Following this method DOES indeed make many, but not all, Catholics fearful of going to hell. It also causes people to become scrupulous thinking everything they do is a sin and will send them to hell.

Unlike you who appear to feel Christians are "Christards" and other immature, stupid words as such, I myself don't feel the same way about atheists or those of another denomination.

C.S. Lewis makes a good point in one of his books, (I believe it was "Mere Christianity") that one of the main issue atheists have is that they look at Christians and don't see them doing anything MORE HELPFUL or "good works" than atheists.

That's not the main point of Christianity. It's our believe in Jesus.

JJ

PS.

Do you want to also answer my first question

1. Did you believe in God at some point in time?

Regards,

JJ

Point 2 in your post is obvious stupid babbling and I won't respond to it.
JerryJohn is offline   Reply With Quote