View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #12
thomastwo
Obsessed Member

Quote:
West491 wrote View Post
Some Christians like to say that the Old Testament Laws don't apply anymore, and that they have a new covenant. This thread is just a place to post the scriptures (Old or New Testament) that contradict this viewpoint. Erm, yeah, this doesn't have to be a long thread but it could be a useful resource. I'll start it off with a couple.
Genesis 17:19
Then God said, “Yes, but your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac.[a] I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him.

You also need to underline "for his descendants". Not a descendant? Then not an everlasting covenant.

Quote:
West491 wrote View Post
Matthew 5:18-19
And Jesus said,...... "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or tittle shall nowise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven."
The claim of Christians is that Jesus did fulfil the law, and therefore removed the condition. And verse 17 appears to be a confirmation of that view?
thomastwo is offline   Reply With Quote