Thread: Merkins 2012
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #884
Victus
Obsessed Member

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
No, he could be comparing you to Mussolini, which is probably a more appropriate comparison, based on what he said about corporate fascism.

I vaguely remember having a discussion about the term "fascism", and I remembered Rhino defining it differently than I did. That's why I asked him for a source for his definition.

So, no, I don't think he was comparing you to Nazis or Hitler.
Ah ok, he's using his own weird little definition then.

Quote:
Rhino wrote
Gotta love Victus, how he will contradict himself withing the space of a few inches. He claims there is nothing wrong with schools that decide to stop teaching science, because there will be other schools, elsewhere, that will teach science, if you can afford to go there.
Yep.

Quote:
Rhino wrote
He than claims he doesn't believe education isn't a privilege of the rich.
Yep.

Now swap out school and education for grocery store and food. I think the market can handle the operation of grocery stores without food being the exclusive privileged of the wealthy. Same goes for education.

Quote:
Rhino wrote
And I never called you a nazi or Hitler. I called you a fascist, and a feudalist, but you don't seem to mind that second one.
If by feudalism you mean one person renting land from another, I'm not sure I see a problem with it.

"When science was in its infancy, religion tried to strangle it in its cradle." - Robert G. Ingersoll
Victus is offline   Reply With Quote