View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #124
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
orangeitis wrote View Post
That's just an excuse. An excuse to avoid a real discussion. Tell me Egor, what are you trying to accomplish in this thread? You're just talking nonsense, and when we ask for a decent argument, you avoid the questions as hard as you can by claims that we aren't open-minded, when it is in fact you that isn't open-minded... otherwise, you wouldn't assert any claims about us, and discuss openly with us for the sake of argument. Hell, I seem to be the only one even taking you serious now(besides Stargazer), because of your blatant unwillingness to carry on a mature discussion. Is that really what you want?

Again, what are you even trying to accomplish?
In my experience, some theists come here to convert atheists to their brand of Christianity, specifically, or minimally, to a general acceptance that a god exists. Either outcome would probably be chalked up as a win by those promoting a faith-based belief system.

Failing that, they're here to vent their frustration with atheists, cajole them through preaching, obfuscate to evade tough questions, impugn the character of skeptics and pout over their failure to convert atheists to a belief in god.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote