View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 01:27 AM   #14
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
ahoba wrote View Post
You said that 'hens who sit on their eggs tend to hatch a lot more eggs'

How they know that the eggs need incubation to hatch and before how they know that eggs will hach?

Regards,
Ahoba, I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt for the moment, and assume you are an honest person who is actually seeking knowledge. The answer to your question can be found in a basic study of Evolution. I will try to give you a simplified answer.

The answer to your question lies in the behavior of the predecessors of modern chickens and the consequences of their behavior over long periods of time. Birds / dinosaurs which protected their eggs and babies, had a better chance of producing offspring that lived to reproduce. As the predecessors of modern chickens gradually evolved from poikilotherms to homeotherms, the preconditions for an egg to hatch also changed with the changing organism. Potential mother chickens that did not take care of their eggs properly would simply not have any offspring that lived. Chickens that did take care of their eggs, would have offspring, and pass the traits for nurturing to their offspring.

Does that answer your question?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote