Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 06:11 PM   #4
seanflan50

Oh, sorry... Well once again my name is Sean, and I live in New Jersey. I was born a Roman Catholic, but ever since I was little I had some suspicions about the "faith" business they kept going on about whenever I asked about how we knew god was real. Well, my final fall from "faith" came when I was around 14 and I realized that I was gay... BIG no-no in the church. I was completely horrified with the way the church and most organized religion in general has vilified and turned against gay people. So that disenchanted me and led me to the wonders of atheism. It's great not having to worry about some Jewish zombie dogging my steps and watching me to make sure I'm good... Unfortunately I'm still a slave to mass, but once I go to college I'll be free of the whole damned institution. I love to smash the faces of the Christ worshiping cult members in in debates because I'm afraid of what people like them could do to me if they were ever given any kind of power.
So... that's basically what makes me an unrepentant atheist and drew me to this forum... sorry if that was too long...