View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 10:53 PM   #670
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
geo wrote View Post
Okay, I think I may have posted here once years ago, just got an e-mail from the site and came and visited again. A lot of name calling and the like which to me is a waste of valuable time, but whatever floats your boat...

Now look guys,

The question for all of you is not: Why should I believe in God? The real question for this forum is: Why would anyone claiming to be a rational thinker believe in "No-God"? Given that we cannot examine enough of the known universe (and certainly not anything outside of the known universe) to prove or disprove the existence of God, the only intellectually honest position should be agnosticism. Atheism is of course a belief system that over-reaches when it claims to be rational (btw If you haven't claimed this then I'm not addressing you).

The fact of the matter is that you can't believe in SCIENCE or rational argument anyway. What you CAN believe is that specific interpretations of observed data are representative of an actual truth. This is the true meaning of science. In other words in science you validate your ideas about the nature of things through experience, and eventually, you put your faith in them. True science is experiential knowledge, hence the word experiment. The experiment gives cause to believe the theory. Not the other way around. But without the theory, how would you decide what data to observe and what experiences to consider? This is why the integrity of your paradigm is crucial to any meaningful conclusion.

In other words you cannot say that the evidence is lacking if you haven't looked in the right places, or ignored certain pieces of information that don't fit your paradigm. When the Catholic Church was faced with the idea that the earth was not the center of the universe, they actually had the experience of most of humanity to back up their interpretation of the "data". But they were wrong. Their paradigm was not sound, and they were not looking in the right places for the right data. Galileo was.

So in conclusion, if you haven't encountered God in your particular sphere of experience, why should anyone attempt to try and contradict your conviction? The answer to this question is that they probably should not attempt unless you are honestly asking the question in order to broaden your experiential knowledge. Otherwise, they are likely to get a hostile reaction, and all of their reason and experience will fall on deaf ears.
Remember the BRAIN is the creator of god. This is a scientific fact. When the brains malfunction it accepts delusions like GOD as if it existed all by itself OUTSIDE the brain, it doesn't. Religious believers are no different than folks suffering from the delusions resulting from schizophrenia, drugs, temporal lobe epilepsy etc.

belief in NO-GOd? ROTFLMAO..you seem to be ignorant of what the definition of atheism is. It simply means no-belief, or LACK of Belief. We mutated evolved primates created god with our brains. Gods are a dime a dozen.. wanna buy mine?

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote