View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 04:22 AM   #2642
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
You are speaking to the mystery of the Trinity. Understand, that the nature of God (as a Trinity) is a mere hypothesis generated by the Catholic Church - as they honestly sifted through the "evidence" of the historical manuscripts they had on hand.
What you call a "mystery" is one Lynne mysterious because it is a load of cobbled together bollocks: There was no honest sifting through evidence. The divinity of jeebus was essentially the product of debate and voting by a bunch of bishops at the first counsel of Nicea, the counsel of Constantinople and a few others.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
That "believe" in God is a "requirement" for salvation is a Church position - but it is also supported by the Words of Jesus when asked directly...I have my own theory, but its not based on scripture.
So you claim that the answer to my question is not only ecumenical but based on scripture (yet you do not offer any appropriate source, chapter or verse). However you then say that you also have an explanation not based on scripture. If there IS a scriptural answer as to WHY entry into heaven is contingent (amongst other things) upon belief in the resurrection instead of us all being saved by the mere claim to historical fact that it happened, then why is a non-scriptural explanation required at all?

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote