View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 06:45 AM   #18
Node18

I'm going to use the Christian god in my example.
Consider this:

God created the universe, our hospitable planet and its atmosphere as well as life on Earth as we know it - which includes the creation of human beings along with the other wild animals. For god to have been able to accomplish such a fantastic feat he would have had to had the ability to literally create matter at will; if there was nothing before he created the "heavens" and the universe then it had to be done so in that way.

From our knowledge and practise of science we have concluded that matter cannot be created nor destroyed. For a being who possesses the ability to do so would mean, appropriately, that it is the most powerful and capable being in existence for the simple fact that it is able to bend existence itself. The fact that matter cannot be destroyed nor created doesn't made god seem extremely unlikely in and of itself rather if a being is capable of such it would mean that in times of peril, like natural disasters, it is able to intervene and stop such forces dead in its tracks, for example.

So, god possesses quite possibly the most powerful ability in the universe yet there is a devil? Yet he had to punish the first human beings? Nevermind the fact that if god was all-knowing he would KNOW exactly how susceptible to manipulation his own creations are. So instead of starting over, Adam and Eve 2.0 if you will, he has punished his creations. What a chap.

On the other hand if god is NOT capable of forming atoms at will then how did it manage to create the universe as well as life? I'll answer that for you: there is literally no other way you can create something out of nothing without having such abilities.

The story of these gods are poorly thought out and can only operate on the assumption that the believer is dumb as a sack of bricks.

This quote by Epicurus holds a lot more weight than it is credited for.

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

I hear Bovina gives incredibly good blowjobs. What do you think Choobus?
anyone who can swallow the catholic turdology with such enthusiasm must have practically no gag reflex
Node18 is offline   Reply With Quote