Thread: Groundhog's day
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 01:33 PM   #5
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
selliedjoup wrote View Post
After browsing through the posts here it seems many regulars go over the same arguments again and again and again and again and again....
How can so many here dedicate such a lot of their free time to negate something they can’t either define or conceptualize? Or is that your point? If so, the lady doth protest too much, methinks.
We argue the same points again and again and again because theists keep coming here making the same unfounded assertions again and again and again.

We could just let them preach unfettered, but that would defeat the point of a raving atheist forum, which is to challenge the unfounded assertions various theist come here to make again and again and again.

It is time-consuming, both for us and our theist playmates. But what's it to you how we spend our time if we're not keeping you from spending your time how you wish to spend it? Some of us atheists here are trying to get theists to define and conceptualize what it they think we all should believe in.

I, personally, want to know how some of them define their god and how others came to conceive of this alleged entity as a magic white man who created and rules the universe? And, yeah, I protest at the loony answers they give. Perhaps, too much by your reckoning.

But what's it to you? I don't bother them when they're not here.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote