View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 11:22 AM   #232
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
The laughter goes both ways. Americans find it backward to still have a monarchy, especially one where the monarch is the chief pope of the Anglican religion. Further, I can hardly imagine more destructive stories to tell little girls than those about princes, princesses and the wholly fictional happily ever after. One wonders just how many millions of divorces were caused by those backward fairy tales.

In any case, there is an approximate 0.0000001% chance of any regular on this forum ever taking power in this country. He or she would be laughed out of any room. I'll stick with my country and its freedoms of speech and religion. I'll also try to remember that any child, including one from an African background, can grow up to be the president.

You will have to stick with your queen and your lords and your other manifestations of privilege and unearned wealth
This is definitely from someone who doesn't understand us Brits, has little knowledge of the world outside his own backyard and cannot see the mote in their own eye.

Love the way that the only attack he can think of is one that doesn't actually touch the majority of our citizenry who don't give a fuck about the so-called Church of England which is crumbling into obscurity while churches of all ilks thrive and prosper in his own country.

He assumes we actually care about the inbred idiots in Buckingham palace - we all know they are a tourist attraction - funnily enough largely to people from the USA who appear to love them more than we ever will and definitely loved that idiot Diana more than us!- you've probably never ventured further than the state line like most north Americans and I doubt you even have a passport.

No idea where this idiocy about fairy stories comes from- most of those are European not British and if you actually analyse them properly they contain powerful female characters - but that would be a little above your level I think and maybe you should stick to Disney instead of the real thing.

And seriously - anyone from the USA who still insists it is a land of free speech and freedom is just delusional- it never was and never will be.

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote