View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 06:03 PM   #4007
clambake
shred

Quote:
hertz vanrental wrote View Post
Fuck me, the manager that interviewed me was a complete and utter fucking moron with the IQ of a plant. I met some of the store staff. They were complete drongos.
Most of the workers I encountered weren't morons at all though that may be because there wasn't much time or opportunity to have a conversation. The few I did talk to were generally pleasant and helpful. There was definitely a very shared feeling that the whole system was FU. BAR. I almost never interacted with management thankfully, since they seemed all too soaked in the Flavor Aid and disturbingly happy happy joy joy.

Quote:

From the sound of it, for Amazon, read B & M, or vice versa.

Basically, I couldn't do that to myself, so I rejected their 'kind offer' and we fucked off to New York City for Christmas and New Year.

Sir, you have my sympathy and admiration for doing something I couldn't even imagine doing. Had I, I fear my mind would now be in a far worse state than it already is.

May you encounter better times real soon.

Bless you.
Thanks for the kind words. I didn't last long as they already canned me with the seasonal workers even though when I was hired they told me I was going to be trained for the picker trucks (I forget what they're actually called) which is why I got an extra 85 cents an hour. So while I was hoping I wouldn't be there very long I was still a bit surprised they let me go, I was expecting to start the picker truck training.

"Ignorance is not bliss; it is terrifying like walking blindfolded down a dark hallway full of set bear traps." ~ Sternwallow

Death will be like 1964 all over again.
clambake is offline   Reply With Quote