View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 12:58 AM   #40
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
The Judge wrote View Post
There is so much wrong here it's troubling.
I'm going to go our on a limb here and suggest that I would not be surprised if you are a supporter of Trump. The psychology I see evident in the above is symptomatic of a wider modern problem: There is just so much in it that wreaks of pig-headed ignorance and an obstinate conviction that the world is simply the way you want it to be no matter what argument is made that appeals to logic, reason and that is based on facts.

It is a mish mash of poorly constructed, misunderstood bollocks that is willfully ignorant of the history and context of the wager itself with pithy little after thoughts bolted on to suit your world view.

The above drivel is not representative of the wager as it is written. You have bastardised the wager because of your a priori assuptions.

I sense that we will just end up spinning our wheels and spraying mud everywhere on the actual details of the wager so let me ask you this; so what if there's a god?

Could this now nameless and non-denominational mail re-director not also respect independent thought and cogitation? If the name / type of god matters not in your world view why then does belief in anything like a deity matter at all. Is it because this nameless deity (which ever one it could be) would be so capricious as to damn someone to "hell" for non-belief? Seems like a dick move to me.
Hard to respond to you Judge
Nothing you say has anything to do with anything.
I"m just talking about how I personally would approach Pascal's wager, and how I would suggest an Atheist may benefit as well.
There is absolutely nothing "wrong" about anything I said.
Is it because I don't restrict my thoughts to within your narrow way of thinking?
You ask "what if there is a God"?
Huh? What kind of question is that?
I suppose you want an answer in view of Pascal's wager, what if there is a God? I suppose whether we would benefit from salvation would depend on the God's rules. That's sort of the point of Pascals wager.
Yes I've bastardized Pascals wager, in favour of Christine doctrine. Why is that such a big deal to you - are you a Pascal Wager purist or something.?

Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote