View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 02:17 AM   #2878
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
JerryJohn wrote View Post
Judge,

It is a complete and utter over exaggeration that Christian church are run by deeply disturbed perverts and abusing children higher rate than the regular population at large.
Look jerrypong, I asked you to step up. I didn't ask you for shit like this.
The crutch is there to support the community not rape it. It claims to be about peace, love etc., Not about rape.

You are right, paedophillia does happen in other sectors of the community.
What is unique about the crutch is that it covers it up. That, in this country, in itself, is a crime. I know of no institution that does that.

Now, you know that. So, why this lame rebuttal?

You are better than this.

Quote:
Look at the recent scandals with the Olympic gymnast physician that sexually abused children, teachers, football coaches etc.

Most of what I've read has stated that most all children abused are sexually molested by dear old Dad or a single mom living with a live-in non biological Dad but boyfriend. The stats I've read reveal in a supposed confidential survey 50% of these mothers knew and did nothing either because they were sexually abused themselves or felt they couldn't leave due to various reasons including financial, fear and some even blamed their daughters for
seducing their husband, live in boyfriend etc.
These cases are about individuals and institutions who don't profess peace and love a la the church.

Quote:
but clergy are held to a higher standard and the Bible is clear about this issue.

Matthew 18: 6 NIV:

New International Version

• "If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

Clergy will be held to a higher standard that non clergy due to their position. Woe to them.
seducing their husband, live in boyfriend etc.
clergy claim to be better. Society now knows that not to be true. The truth is now out.

Personally, I wouldn't want clergy to be held to higher standards. They wouldn't meet them anyway but that's not the point. In the past, the church protected their paedophiles. That's what's different. Paedophillia in the crutch is institutionalised. I don't want clergy held to higher standards BUT, I want them to be held to account - not protected and hidden away by the crutch.

Quote:
This is where atheism falls short. If there is no God what final justice is there for these very sick individual who molest children? They just die period.
No way.
No jerrypong. This is where reality falls short.

You want a god to hold a person to account after they die? Is that the reason why you invent god? Is there something lurking here that we need to know about?

If a person isn't caught in this life, then they won't be caught in the next one because there isn't one.

WAY
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote