View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 08:21 PM   #316
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Jahrta wrote View Post
Ok I concede you make some valid points. On the other hand, regarding the part I quoted above, every nation needs soldiers, like it or not. It's the price we have to pay for our independence and freedom. Flag-waving aside, the fact of the matter is that there isn't a country in existence today that has decided to do away with their armed forces because we don't live in a utopian reality and there will always be people who wish to do us harm. Most of them are driven to want this due to religious propaganda, brainwashing and misplaced rage.
Thanks. I agree with the above. Things aren't black and white. It is a sad fact of our existence that we need soldiers, so we need to make people willing to fight and kill to defend us. I am also of the opinion that the Muslim culture right now seems to be a much darker shade of gray. But as I've said, I have become suspicious of our leaders' motives in these many wars we are waging w/ the middle east, and I've begun to wonder how much terrorist threats are manufactured vs. real. If this is in fact some kind of training video then this is an example of deliberate rather than incidental indoctrination, and it is revolting, for many reasons. But then I wondered, are WE being deliberately indoctrinated? That's why I wasn't quick to conclude that this video was anything more than children imitating their own soldiers (admittedly from our perspective not a very honorable type of soldiering), that maybe it was taken/shown to manipulate our emotions. Anyways, 'nough said!

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote